Has there ever been a greater dynasty in american sports?

has there ever been a greater dynasty in american sports?
this is the greatest isnt it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M4OTH0pddv4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe the Celtics.

The New York Yankees and the Montreal Canadiens say hi.

wrong image OP

Not even close.

>Boreball

Fuck ofd

The Bulls

ucla basketball. 10 natties in 12 years.

yep

Kids sports don't count

Yankees, UCLA, Celtics, etc.

The Yankees are definitely a more historically relevant franchise than the Pats. Literally the entire world at least knows about the Yankees and can identify the logo even if they dont follow baseball.

As for the Canadiens I have to agree fuck no

I'd take the islanders over the habs

>19 consecutive playoff series wins

Fine, then the patriots are the greatest dynasty in american sports after you subtract everything except the patriots.

>it doesn't fit my narrative so it doesn't count
choke on a dick

islanders won 19 consecutive playoff series

Islanders won 4 in a row. Yankees in the late 40s/early 50s won 5 in a row.

The Oilers say hi

>less super bowl wins than the Steelers
>Steelers never relied on refs

This. There's never been anything like it.

Has nothing to do with a dynasty. If they won a worlds eries every four years that's not a dynasty. Late 90s Yankees were a dynasty but I'd still say the Pats current one is better just for longevity.

>only program that took basketball seriously dominates
woah

I would say if we look at them over their entire history, absolutely. But in terms of a single period of time, I don't think anyone comes close except maybe that weird New Zealand Somali team that's basically won everything since they formed.

Pats in the 17 years from 2001 to 2018 got 6 championships. the Yankees in 17 years from 1936 to 1953 got 12. They also managed 4 consecutive (1936-1939) and 5 consecutive (1949-1953), the Patriots maxing out at 2 (twice), and that's assuming the Patriots win the super bowl this year which they have yet to do.

HahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>refball

I would argue it's much easier to be a dominant baseball franchise once established versus the nfl. The difficulty with the nfl comes from losing stars to injuries. Baseball has far less season-ending injuries. Just look at the current playoff teams, all but the Pats have lost their primary QB. It looked like the Cowboys and Packers had strong teams this year, but got wiped out when Elliott and Rodgers respectively were removed.

In my opinion, it's much easier to hang onto a dynasty in mlb than it is in the NFL. The 90s/2000s Braves, The Yankees, The Dodgers. All multi-year contenders. In football, a team can go from dominant to washed up in the offseason.

Okay thanks for specifying, just meant the entire history of the Yankees is not a dynasty.

No. What they've done is next to impossible and will never be replicated. You may hate Brady/Belichick, but in time you will look back and be glad you were alive to witness it.

>>Steelers never relied on refs

Holy shit this is hilarious

no, jordan's bulls never would have lost the finals after an undefeated season.

The Celtics won when the League was fucking weak and filled with mediocre talent

I mean he's a fan of the patriots, all they have is a narrative

Because in reality they are worthless cheaters, riding off the back of corporate interest in their success. Fake greatness.

It was a different time though. College basketball had a much smaller tournament and not many programs outside took the game nearly as seriously.

lol

Yes it is. No other dynasty has lasted this long. When we talk about dynasties we're talking specifically about keeping the same center pieces, ie Brady, Bill and Kraft.
The ones that come closest are the Popovich/Duncan Spurs and the 1920's Yankees. But neither of those groups had such a successful run for such a long stretch of time.

This. The Spurs are the only team from a major American sport in the salary cap era to have a similar run of greatness.

steelers didn't win 6 in the span of 16 years with the same QB

the new york islanders won 19 consecutive 7game series, including 4 straight stan lees. this stretch of domination is unparalleled in modern sports.

>Pats greatest ever
>in a league where QBs are treated with kid gloves
Please. Maybe if the Patriots played real football.

Technically it's Jimmie Johnson.

Stock Cars are built on 1960's technology and literally fall apart over the course of a race. To win a championship you have to pray this piece of shit holds together for 36 straight races, while dodging 40 other egotistical maniacs knowing it's not against the rules for them to hit you.

He did this seven times, during a period when the sport was showered in money & every driver on the grid has been in a race car since they were five. Not to mention his competitors weren't dumb niggers running into each other, but generally well educated, well spoken people with degrees in engineering & shit.

confirmed absolute fucking babby, the early 2000s (before peypey whined and the rules got tightened) were just as brutal as the olden days. Brady is one of the toughest motherfuckers in the sport.and the undisputed GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=M4OTH0pddv4

Yankees won 20 titles in 40 years before there were playoffs so they HAD to have the best record to qualify for the world series

dont you have a sister to fuck

Yet baseball has more parity