Why is a defender allowed to hit a defenseless receiver in the head...

Why is a defender allowed to hit a defenseless receiver in the head, which gives the receiver a concussion and forces the receiver out of the game, but the defender is allowed to stay in the game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kEIU4KYgDp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because gronk is made of glass

stop being a faggot. the nfl already has too many pussy rules for "safety" as it is. it's almost ruined the game i loved as a kid.

(btw, the eagles are gonna push your shit in)

because players would start faking concussions

(btw you have to be 18 to post here)

>because players would start faking concussions
People would fake being held out of the game, after a helmet to helmet illegal hit, due to a medical test done by a league doctor?
>wtf

I'd have to agree. If the player is taken out due to the concussion protocol then at that point said player to have caused that injury is immediately ejected from the game and the stadium Period. Let's face it, No one is going to FAKE being hurt and taken out of the rest of a game. Especially a game in the playoffs. Accident or not.

Now with that said, I think if the player is sidelined for a certain amount of games there should be additional penalties for the offending player that caused the hit. Money or a suspension of game(s).

Gronk, has to get cleared by an NFL independent neurologist and NOT by someone on the Patriots payroll to play again. It is not up to Kraft or the coach to play him in two weeks. It's going to be what the doctors say.

It does look as if he was walking decent on his own but i'm sure we will all know more in the days to come.

Hopefully they have "dark rooms" for immediate post-concussion therapy. Two weeks should be enough time to recover, but that hit was vicious af

>"hurr Gronk a invincible polar bear MUH GREAT WHITE HOPE"
>Gronk gets concussed by an incidental helmet graze from a hit to the shoulder pads
>"REEEEEEEEEE WTF BAN THIS EJECT THAT NIGGER MUH FEE-FEES"

Why did Gronk lower his head into the defender?

Bring back leather caps instead of helmets, guys will stop leading with the helmet and using it as a weapon.

Gotta get back to wrap up tackles, helmets can't save the brain, only stopping that type of hit can

Belichick is teaching his recievers to dive soccer-style. That's the only explanation for why they're able to pull so many game changing drives out of their ass on defensive pass interference calls.

>guys will stop leading with the helmet and using it as a weapon
Maybe by process of natural selection. 100 years ago football was almost banned because of players dying.

That it was. I've watched the replay and I can't say it was avoidable but can't determine how deliberate it was. (Although... They had talked about targeting him to keep him contained)

This was anything but a graze to the shoulder pads. Regardless of what team you cheer for, I'd have to think safety would be a concern after a hit like that.

After watching countless high school and then college kids get hit hard and hauled off in an ambulance you have to hope they will be OK in the end. The body can only take so much punishment regardless of size. Take Muhammad Ali for example. Too many shots to the head and he could hardly form a complete coherent sentence.

Sure it's a different sport with less protection but the forces football players exert on one another is far greater.

Let's hope it wasn't intentional and he makes a full recovery in time to play in the big game in 2 weeks. It's only fair everyone gets a shot at the big game.

>Defenseless receiver
>He couldn't just not catch the ball and start defending himself
I hate this. If you lay go to catch a ball, you can hear the other guy running at you, and you still put your head down? You deserve every dead neuron

In this NBA before they went full faggotry, they would bring in bench riders to intentional foul the good players. So why not bring in a 3rd stringer and target people head?

1. A third stringer isn't going to see a play in a real game unless absolutely needed and can't be lost to a benching. (Then who would they put in?) Can't go back to your main lineup as it'd look quite fishy.

2. It would look pretty obvious that some 3rd stringer that does not get to see play time targets a key player on the opposing team.

3. If the NFL found out there'd be a major fine to the owners for this. It's essentially putting a hit out on someone. (Could be criminal charges even if it were ever found out it came from the front office to intentionally "Take someone out and hurt them.")

>patriots still win

Are you implying you can't fake a concussion test? It just a doctor asking you a bunch of questions anyway. Another doctor could coach a guy on how to beat it easily

It's more than just questions...
>do you think the patriots want gronk out of the game?!?!
oh wait... a leaf

They're not in CFB. Targeting rule ejects defenders that do this. Why hasn't the NFL adopted this rule yet?

>follow my finger with your eyes
Are you implying it's much more than that? Enlighten me.

>oh wait... a leaf
Le memes XDD

>thinking the refs wouldn't have given the Pats this game with or without Gronk

>thinking the jags weren't committing penalties because muh muh refball

>w-we wuz perfect we dindu nuffin
damage control

It is actually much more than that, There's some logic questions and some sentences to repeat and to identify X in a series of element,

>source: Passed one because the local league demanded to have a "reference" before the season starts

>not sure you have reading comprehension

I don't expect Pats fans to understand what penalties are

>tuck rule

fact is the NFL Safety program will be considered a joke as long as thugs are allowed on the field

Fair enough but they can be faked, unlike say, an Xray or something that gives definitive prove of injury.

There is too much possibility for abuse IMO

nfl is a joke thats why

chimpboy burfict is still in the league even though he steps on peoples hands every game

again this leaf thinks that the patriots would want Gronk to fake an obvious head injury and be removed from the game
>literally a leaf

There's room for abuse, But something has to be done for repeated offenders/targetting, Make them sit the drive off or something, or the quarter

Most of you idiots will probably call someone a "soyboy" at some point on this board and can't even see the pure faggotry of these statements.

How about players take some fucking personal responsibility? It's not the defender's fucking job to protect a receiver like some helpless child.There used to be a time in the NFL when Quarterbacks actually gave a shit about their own receivers and didn't throw down the middle into double and triple coverage because they knew the safeties would fuck them up. There was a time in the NFL when Qbs couldn't just chuck the ball blindly down field and get a free 60 yard play because a defender breathed on you.

It's the same shit from the play where Flacco got heemed in the regular season. People were calling for Alonso to get thrown out of the league for a bang bang play. Maybe if Flacco valued his safety instead of diving for a first down he wouldn't have lost a year off of his life on that play.

The NFL could give a shit about player safety. If they did, they would teach offensive players not to take such horrible risks. Instead the league rewards them for it. Because we live in an instant gratification ADD society the NFL is just going to keep raking in shekels until we have teams scoring 50-60 points per game.

Do it in the Superbowl then.

I'm not talking about this case in particular you dullard, I mean in general

>NFL could give a shit about player safety

Think about Murrica

Because accidents happen, football is a dangerous game, they're all paid a lot of money to put up with the possibility of things like this happening, and the entire foundation of the sport as a physical game falls apart when you force defenders to question whether or not they should actually hit somebody.

cause you got mr Vontaze "OOGA BOOGA" Burfict who can't stop himself from attempting murder 3-4 times a season
youtube.com/watch?v=kEIU4KYgDp4

black people should be banned from the nfl

Leafbro, I say this as a friend, you CANNOT keep living like this. It is unhealthy to substitute chemical isolates from an Asian frankenbean for a balanced diet. Please stop, for your sake.

why is a player allowed to headbutt another player after the play is completed without a flag?

because the NFL wants the Pats to win.

the final score:

Jags 20
Pats 17
Refs 7

Every play would just be 5 yard dump passes.

taking Gronk out of the game was a great strategical move and they should be awarded for it. not only should they deserve not being penalized but they should have gotten a free 3 points for the sheer magnificence of the play.

This win is a joke, the patriots are a joke, the NFL is a joke, and if you find any sort of enjoyment out of hollow, gifted wins I don't want to imagine what kind of bottom feeder you are

Fake, and petty

So many crybaby bitches assblasted because the Jags choked away in the second half.

>Targeting rule ejects defenders that do this. Why hasn't the NFL adopted this rule yet?
exactly, user.
if you hit a guy in the helmet with any part of your body either on purpose or as a result of carelessness, you are disqualified. /thread

>ITT: Literal, unironic "He a gud boi, he dindu nuffin"
I'm confused. I thought this was a white supremacist website.

It was a bullshit move, the Pats got a makeup call the play after for like 30 yds, but I'd still rather have Gronkowski for the rest of the game.

>t. nigger

i guess only offensive players can get concussions, just ask the NFL dentist

I used to think this, but apparently rugby is plagued by concussions as well.

Concussions aren't really as much of an issue as repeated hits to the head. In Rugby there's a big risk of concussions because there are no helmets. If someone tackles you and their knee hits your head on accident, well that's just the nature of Rugby. The problem is, Rugby players used to get knocked out and come right back in the game. Now that people have a little more knowledge, Rugby is a lot safer because concussed players are sitting out, and players don't repeatedly hit each other in the head. In football there's really no way around CTE, especially if you're a lineman or running back, because you're constantly bashing your head into players every single game and every single practice.

Then get rid of the stupid ass concussion protocol (and the defenseless receiver rule). It isn't concussions that are the major cause of CTE anyway.

Hello Larry, how's Gary?

This is so true. Most sports fans don't understand economics and positive/negative incentives.

It's a thing some receivers do intentionally too.

f that traitor