m.youtube.com/watch?v=uBiewQrpBBA
youtube.com/watch?v=bU9wLjk4II8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

Old films are shit.

How old are we talking here?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uBiewQrpBBA

Best scene from the golden age of Hollywood

If you are watching it means that it resisted the test of time and has some value.

But they aren't all good, not by a longshot, some are just terrible.

No.

Cinema is monumentally better than it's ever been by an extremely wide margin.

I too am happy that modern cinema is polluted with capeshit. Truly the best age for film.

Capeshit existed back then too. Only it was a guy in a dollar store superhero costume on strings.

Atleast it had character.
Movies nowadays are mass produced at this point.

I find movies made before somewhere around the early 60's to be pretty dull.

Not saying I've never enjoyed any, but I rarely find them enthralling outside a few examples.

You are a monument to the fact that people can and will romanticize anything so long as it happened in the past at some point.

If the average superhero movie from the 1950s came out today you'd say it's monumentally retarded. If you could even put into context that it was meant to be a serious movie that was trying to impress people and an ironically stupid Adult Swim sketch.

No. Only the kino ones are remembered though.

Yes. Lost films are the ultimate Kino because nobody can even watch them. All you need to do is read up on them a little bit and then name drop them on plebs.

no. westerns are mostly terrible

>not knowing about films nobody can remember
>not talking about how fucking awesome they were
>not being able to be contradicted because the film was destroyed decades ago and nobody will ever see it

Is that seriously a profound concept to people?

Entertainment has made enormous leaps forward in the past 50 years, ESPECIALLY in the action department. What constituted exciting in the 1960s was so corny and phoned in you can barely tell it was meant to be taken seriously

I know we live in a culture that constantly jerks off anything and everything at some point in the past but seriously you need to reach so far to say that superhero movies in the 1960s were better than today that I can barely wrap my head around it

It's better than being polluted with camp singing and tap dancing movies.

>I watch shitty capeshit movies
>I'm astounded at how much shittier the shitty capeshit movies of the past were.

Don't you ever feel that maybe your criterion for judging the quality of a movie might be kind of lame if it's completely dependent on special effects developed since 1960?

i recently watched rebel without a couse and it's fucking terrible but at the same time hilarious, just because all the characters are cringey and goofy as fuck
best line in my opinion:
>protagonist (deen): hey, where do you live?
>love interest (melodramatically): who lives?!

kek

They weren't good for the time, they were just bad.

Just like capeshit now

Not really, they have a better appreciation for what they're trying to accomplish and more redeeming moments than ever before.

I love finding old films that have been lost to time but are still phenomenal or very good, like Agony and the Ecstacy, The Emigrants, or Sayonara.

This scene: youtube.com/watch?v=bU9wLjk4II8 is so fun but would be fucking painful to watch in any contemporary mainstream film.

Charming movies are fewer and far between. Yeah they had capeshit back then but it hadn't been elevated to pathetically serious levels.

Old films becuase of technical limitations are all feels baby. Tell me you don't feel the atmosphere dripping off the walls in "Touch of Evil" or "The Searchers".

From the 30's right through till the 70's Hollywood was magic...Scorsese, Huston, Polanski, Beatty, Copolla...or even earlier than that; Hawkes, Hughes, Kazan, Welles! These were the cunts running the show and it was a mean show, when "Chinatown" was the equivalent of todays Avengers; the film everyone had to see...and it's actually a kino one.

Nowadays it's corrupted into CGI drek and populist shit so yeah...old films shit on todays because they are genuine passion projects, frontlined by actual reatives excited about what was then a new medium instead of the technocrat boardrooms that run the CG workshops today

what a stupid post

Your stupid if you can't see it man but thats cool don't you have cam rips of The Great Wall to be torrenting p-p-p-pleeeebe

>your stupid
this wasn't even the worst part of your post