59%

>59%

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=89yKotapLFE
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8S7_ZY8Y0k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

was expecting 45-55 percent.

Seems like it's a decent action movie then. Thanks OP gonna see it now.

Be sure to tell us all about what you saw when you get back, user.

Woah, 96% of the salt-of-the-earth people on the street want to see this movie? The people have spoken.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Just seen it.

Better than the original, but the original set a low bar.

Thank goodness. Maybe this and Death Note tanking will give us another five years before they try making live action anime again.

>
enjoy the ban

This goes to show that SJW and Liberals with their bleeding hearts are no longer the voice of America. People are sick and tired of being kicked around and after a decade of it people will no longer take it. It was around nineteen ninety eight when Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted sixteen feet through an announcers table.

%

Still higher than Batman vs. Superman.

>DC BTFO

Let me guess, the american critic reviews just got added?

wtf this was at 73% like 2 hours ago

Death Note is shit from the source material up anyway.

And the fact that Hollywood considered shit anime, means they've scraped through the barrel.

>Screenplay: Jamie Moss, William Wheeler, Ehren Kruger

So, which guy is the main writer?
In other words, who the hell is responsible for this change for the worse?

the only reason why this happened is because SJWs were complaining about whitewahshing

Anime review sites are taken into the percentage. Naturally this will lower it due to weebs.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BRING IT BACK UP OR YOU'LL BE SORRY

Not bad to be honest.

So is this worth seeing or not?

>classic source material

The greasy hentai source or the beautiful but empty anime movie?

"Weebs" don't give a shit about the race controversy unless they're ones from tumblr.

The ANN review will probably be somewhat positive.

Nope

Watch the animated movie to get an idea of what people are bitching about

Just like Wonder Woman

just seen it (I was the only one in the cinema lol)
it was acutally really good!

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm actually interested in it now after reading all the post-modern left-wing film critics trash it.

>On a meta level, [it] almost analyzes itself. Here we have a heartless corporation literally erasing a young woman's identity to use her to its own ends, replacing all signifiers of her born heritage, including her name, with blankness - with whiteness.

>Despite the beautiful eye-popping world it creates, the sci-fi film Ghost in the Shell is a defective mess with lifeless characters, missed chances for thematic exploration and a minefield of political incorrectness.

>The filmmakers ... have put all their chips on the aesthetic. It's exhausting to watch them curate what parts of the story's Japanese origin are worth keeping and which can be discarded

>Ghost In The Shell begins with such minimal promise, only to repeatedly stumble over its own murky intentions until finally going full American-appropriation in the worst way.

American '''''''critics'''''''''

It's a decent movie and the major has emotions and motivations unlike the anime movie.

Watch it if you have a cineworld pass or can get cheap tickets.

No, that's wrong, it's actually an A-
youtube.com/watch?v=89yKotapLFE

They are going to make Attack on Titan someday.

There never should be live-action adaptation of anime. The Jap material only makes sense for Japs.

The animated movie is overrated.

What do you mean by this?

Your mom was overrated.

I didn't say I rated it as highly as others do

I'm just giving user a suggestion to get an idea of what people are bitching about. One that happens to be easy to find for free on the internet.

>>Ghost In The Shell begins with such minimal promise, only to repeatedly stumble over its own murky intentions until finally going full American-appropriation in the worst way.

GitS anime movie barely has a plot or any characters who aren't mouthpieces for the writer.

>implying GitS isn't much worse

ScarJo GitS > original GitS

A Death Note movie is so unnecessary. Usually it's the other way around. If someone sees potential in a movie they make a whole series out of it (like Westworld).

Here they want to make an abridged version of a relatively short series that doesn't need anything. It cannot possibly be as effective as the show.

he''s full of shit with that review.

JUST

What is it with arrogant contrarians hating on the most acclaimed anime series? If they were hating on all anime in general they would just say it in the first place.

I haven't seen Ghost in the Shell but I've read enough opinions to know it has some qualities that can make people like it even if I won't like it personally.

The boat scene with Bauto and the Major in the original is basically a microcosm of the original film. The Major and Bauto don't have a conversation, it's just a monolouge with two people. It's the writer just talking about philosophy through them. There's even a point where the Major just turns her head towards the audience and just starts talking AT them.

Good. Don't make films out of anime ever again.

>Seems like it's a decent action movie then.
There is hardly any action in the movie.

It is mainly dialogue driven just like the original movie

Acclaimed by the anime industry.

GitS was part of the handful of anime that made its way to the west during the 90s.

I would actually be annoyed if they made a live action Akria. GitS was pretty that's all it had going for it.

Scarjo's Ghost in the Shell is actually a good well made movie unlike Snyder's BvS

Just came back from the theater. I was in parts almost blown away how good it was to be honest. The anime movies are more subtle in many party and have a more poetic feel all over the place but it is a damn fine adaption which feels close to the original. The visuals are amazing and the acting is also fine. Huge bonus points for solid dialogues. They don't explain every little detail from the beginnign on and leave the audience more room to explore the world and the characters than an average modern Hollywood movie.

The original barely had any real dialogue.

Hell, Bato was the only actual character in the original.

truly this is the Man of Steel of animu movies. take that DragonBall Evolution

>They don't explain every little detail from the beginnign on and leave the audience more room to explore the world and the characters than an average modern Hollywood movie.

You realise that was an issue in the original film?

it was shit

does it follow the original movie story line?

Those are so-called gateway series. Liked by people who don't watch anime because they're not typical for their kind. They're called anime but they might've been live action to begin with. I don't watch anime to me most of it is about some weird girls making weird faces. Being a fan of anime in general is so retarded. It's not a genre in itself after all. Similarly dismissing all anime makes no sense.

GitS is a half-assed Bladerunner ripoff.

This 100%

The 1995 movie hardly has any rewatchability. I don't understand how weebos regard that as a masterpiece. It isn't. It has like the Scarjo movie some great visuals and it goes way deeper into philosophy that the Scarjo one doesnt, but in the end the Scarjo one is a better made movie and actually makes me want to see it again.

I know right. After watching the 1995 movie, there is no plot apart from the puppetmaster getting into people's minds and wanting to continue doing this as Major and Section 9 try to stop him. That is the entire plot... how weebos claim that the movie is so so deep with such a deep plot is beyond me.

The Scarjo one had more characters doing more things compared to the 1995 one.

But how is that an issue? It's anartistic choice and a matter of taste. I personally like movies which are more open for personal interpretations and don't manipulate or guide the audience too much.

You know what annoyed me the most? That Major doesn't choose to fuse with Kuze's network at the end. Typical American anti-technology bullshit. Fucking luddite puritans.

>I don't understand how weebos regard that as a masterpiece.

Art and animation. GITS has some of the best 2d animation you can find. Watch the bdrip with the film grain and compare it to the cgi shit you will see today,

>does it follow the original movie story line?
No different story line.

>Movie is set in 2070
>Batou has normal human eyes at start as he has met Major a year ago
>Gets his eyes damaged in an explosion
>Kuze is the puppetmaster basically
>Lots of references to the anime films as they copy bits and pieces from first movie but again it is set in a different timeline and it is basically inspired by the anime
I loved what the filmmakers did with this one

It is even funnier watching the shills come out to defend it now.

kek

I'm not dismissing all anime, I'm saying the reason GitS was so well acclaimed was the fact there was only a handful of anime in the early 90s (mostly cyberpunk). Rose-tinted glasses or nostalgia colours people's opinion about it.

I re-watched both Akira and GitS in the cinema and only Akria holds up today in part to the fact that Akira has a plot and sympathetic characters. In GitS the major is literally shell just spewing a monologue about the writer's existential crisis.

>That Major doesn't choose to fuse with Kuze's network at the end.
Because she disregards him as the bad guy and actually a good guy maybe...

Still, what happened with the subplot of Kuze having a network set up underground of dozens of people connected to some server? That plot was dropped.

you're full of shit

>Fresh 37
>Rotten: 27
That's pretty good for an anime adaption that got a tone of controversy

>Those are so-called gateway series

ah yes, i can't wait to watch some cute girls doing cute things cartoons like a real animay connoisseur

Honestly 59 is a lot higher than I thought it would get after the trailers. It looked fucking awful.

>because she disregards him as the bad guy
No she doesn't. Did you watch the movie? Probably not. It's plain luddite bullshit. The Major's backstory even has her as an anti-technology activist before she gets kidnapped and turned into a cyborg. Really fucking annoying.

>butthurt weeaboos
No one's shilling it. They're just saying the original is all style and no substance.

Watch if you can get cheap cinema tickets or pirate it.

>It looked fucking awful.
I didn't like the first 2 trailers but the final trailer sold me on seeing it
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8S7_ZY8Y0k

The cinematography was better than I thought it would be. Still; I didn't like that camera shot high up looking down at Scarjo when she smashed thru glass at beginning of movie and I wished that it wasn't so slow mo during that scene.

Otherwise the rest of the movie was really good. There hardly was any action in the whole thing so I do understand the use of slow mo I guess to increase and make it seem longer.

Why they didnt decide to do a big action sequence... well they sure did stick to the same pace and feel of 1995 movie so weebos can't complain and say they turned this into just a generic action movie.

>Did you watch the movie?
Yes I did. oh I didnt realize her character was full on anti technology. Just saw her in the hutt where she used to live and she knew Kuze in another life apparently until she got separated by Hanka.

Nothing will top Speed racer.

The reviews are saying the same thing about this movie so why even bother?

Is there anything better to watch on cinemas right now? normies are probably going to see it just for lack of options.

HAHAHAHA Sup Forumseddit BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Cos I got a cineworld pass.

59% is about the right score.

>Is there anything better to watch on cinemas right now?
Only movies worthwhile now are Ghost in Shell and Life

Its pretty good, 7/10 with some 10/10 visuals, its probably confusing if you haven't seen the original though.
Also takeshi's hair looks dumb as fuck

Isn't Get Out still avaliable?

it's at 57% now

i bought the tickets when it was still at 73% wtf

SCARLETT WHITEWASHING HATERS BTFO

I saw it.

6/10 is pretty accurate.

It's very dumbed down and feels like feminst propaganda.

This movie has finally convinced me to drop Scar-Jo. I was so blind.

>Isn't Get Out still avaliable?
I forgot about that. Yeah that's a movie I've been wanting to see too

You will enjoy the movie don't worry. The main problem with the critics is saying the plot is dull when it fucking isn't. Just because this is an origin story and it doesnt dwelve into philosophy doesnt make the plot dull

>compelling central performance
>ScaJo

>Movie about a woman who has been lied to her whole life as a white male tells her to reject Hanka who stole her life means it's feminist propaganda

>Take ghost in the shell
>Leave all the themes that made the original movie and series memorable
>Leave the cyberpunk aesthetics and action
At least they know their public

You guys call every dang movie feminist propaganda these days

I hope you realize you're pony helping making the complaint meaningless

She looked perfect as Major

How was Michael Pitt?

57 ITS ON FUCKING 57! WTF BROS! ?

*only
Damn autocorrect

Why jewllywood always ruin everything?

i'm still pretty hyped, going to see this in 24 hours

>Leave all the themes that made the original movie and series memorable

Pfffttt. Style and grace made the original memorable.

The series sucked ass.

That's actually better than I expected. Especially for an anime adaptation.

>How was Michael Pitt?
Didn't have too much screen time but he was pretty based. Sadly his character wasn't as well written as the anime version but he did a good job with what he was given

t. scarjo PR

She looked perfect as the major but wasn't as lithe (*cough*chubby*cough*)

They made GitS actually great. The Scarjo version is MILES better than the 1995 one that is just a dull movie.

do people really unironically embrace rt ratings?