How do you pick a team if you're from a state that doesn't have a team?

How do you pick a team if you're from a state that doesn't have a team?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ggdqAx8sn1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pick the Pats like a true American

whatever is regionally televised is your team

a) geographic proximity
b) suck it, find a local college

nearest city. that's why Delaware has either Eagles fans in the north or Ravens fans in the south

remember that its not states, it's cities

You just watch the sport and eventually you'll find yourself drawn to a team. You can't "decide" to be a fan of a team, it has to happen organically. Otherwise it really means nothing and you can just 'decide' to change teams at your convenience.

Its gotta be in ya bones mang.

>didn't have a team
>Raiders thrust upon us

No thanks can I reroll?

Don't listen to these cucks, bandwagonry is the ultimate redpill

I mean I liked the Broncos back in '05ish but I haven't paid much attention to football for over a decade. Should I go back to them or pick another team?

whatever is closest dumbass

I grew up in NJ, dad from NY. NY Giants is our team

>How do you pick a team if you're from a state that doesn't have a team?

Chargers or Raiders but Raiders are moving here so... Raiders, I guess? Can't get into them because only spics like Raiders.

Depends on what you want:

Want a team that can either be one of the worst or one of the best teams year after year?

>Panthers

Want a team that has had good teams but always chokes under the spotlight?

>Falcons, Bills, Vikings, Chiefs

Want a team that's a perennial loser?

>Browns, Lions, Jags, Cardinals

Want a team that is always more-or-less always mediocre?

>Bengals, Bears, Cowboys, Buccs, Titans, Redskins, Dolphins, Texans, Raiders

Want a team that's usually kind-of successful, but no guarantees, and can bottom-out at any time?

>Saints, 49ers, Eagles, Chargers, Broncos, Seahawks, Ravens, Colts, Giants

Want a team that is actually always successful?

>Patriots, Steelers

Want a team full of homosexuals?

>Packers

>another thread of Ameriplastics trying to come up with excuses to justify their bandwagoning

Oklahoma is Steelers territory. They hate Texas.

>oakland raiders
>none of their fans live in oakland

just refer to pic related if your Dad doesn't have a team he follows from which you can inherit fandom

>when your fucking team is an embarassing choke artist year after fucking year
>watch them play so badly tonight that you're glad your own hometown is going to be buttfucked by the superbowl

i hope the combination of philly shitters and massholes burn down minneapolis regardless of who wins

this guy gets it

Lol wtf? Complete opposite, Dallas, we got our boy Troy from Oklahoma. They've been good to us. Lots of Sooners have become Cowboys. I see Cowboy's stuff sold all over OKC. It's their team as much as it is ours.

>team territories the size of multiple European nations
Do you have any concept how absolutely retarded this is? There should easily be double or triple the number of teams organized into multiple tiered leagues. Of course this will never, ever happen because the game isn’t actually popular enough to support this amount of talent dilution.

What's absolutely retarded is comparing the fanbase of Denver to Euro countries like Belgium. Yea no shit Denver or Dallas cover a lot of square miles while densely packed Euro countries have smaller team loyalty areas.

fuck off Euroboo

Nobody is going to say anything about the Jets not even being on this picture? I find that shit hilarious.

I'm sure the 3 Jets fans are very upset.

How many fans do you reckon a team actually needs to sustain itself? The graphic indicates that number to be 10s of millions. That’s ludicrous. Double the number of teams at bare minimum and there is no argument against it besides fear of change.

((()))

Local NFL fans are in the minority. Most of the league are bandwagon faggots anyway so just pick a logo that you like and enjoy it.

That's why the Patriots are so popular. Most people are mindless cock-gobbling lemmings who want Tom Brady's jock and love the "brand" of the Patriots. The Patriots are not a football team, they are a football "brand".

I advise supporting the Eagles for the Super Bowl, even as a Cowboys fan, because Philly has true local support. Patriots rely on nationwide bandwagon faggots to sell merchandise. Been that way ever since 9/11. They used their faggot golden boy Tom Brady to sell hats and their colors to appeal to the lowest common denominator, all while being a bunch of ball-deflating, video-taping ruthless scumbags.

Tom Brady is a cheat. They'll put him on all kinds of opioids to play in the Owl. Or maybe deflate the balls again so his crippled hand can handle them better.

Fuck the Patriots.

Are you retarded? Maybe in ghetto ass Lawton. OKC and Tulsa hate all Dallas teams.

How old is this image? I can tell you the Cowboys/Texans dynamic has changed over the last 5 years. The Texans are very popular outside of Harris/Fort Bend counties.

It's like infantile rebellion against your parents. Oklahoma is just North Texas.

Oklahoma relies on recruits from Texas. They wouldn't be shit without us.

>the Patriots have a lot of bandwagon fans
>I'm a Cowboys fan

>There should easily be double or triple the number of teams organized into multiple tiered leagues.

I’ve suggested before that the NFL really ought to start up a "B League" that plays in the spring/summer with teams owned by and tied to their parent A League team and acting as a farm club for them.

With hundreds of colleges in the U.S. fielding football teams, there is no shortage of available players and plenty of cities who would like to have an associated team playing there and as the B League games would be played in the off-season, they’re not in competition with the A League teams (as was the case with the USFL and others).

The NFL could easily do a full 32 team B League and fans would watch and it would generate hype for pro-football almost all year round and the cost would be minimal.

Panthers fan in West Virginia here. Is it cool if I switch to being a steelers fan? It'd be pretty cool to know what it feels like for my team to win a championship

Yeah it sucks, i grew up and live in a major city(nyc), and we don't have a team. How the f is it even possible?? Unfrigginbelevable

KC looks like a cheeto

how do you pick a team if you're from a country that doesn't give a fuck about nfl?

The true redpill is bandwagoning a mediocre team and then when people ask why say you have family from Ohio because your great great great grandpa was from Dayton

College football would never allow this to happen. Too much money involved.

And Texas is always shit. At everything.

Whoever is doing the best. I already ordered both an Eagles and a Patriots shirt so I'm ready for anything that happens.

tough decision

what should i pick as a Greek, "soccer" fan? i dont even know the rules of handegg but i enjoyed the 2 matches yesterday and the bants in here.
i want something near the european traditions, hooliganism, able for the best and worst etc

Fuggg this describes me perfectly
>2004
>13 years old and want to get into football
>watch first true NFL game
>steelers playing well
>these guys seem alright
>adopt them as team to support
>they end up winning super bowl that season
>happy but years later didn't feel like I deserved to see the team win so early as a fan
>start noticing other things about the organization
>players are rapists, heavy druggies, dirty players, criminals, cheating coach, bad-mouthing other teams
>top 5 worse fan bases, absolutely insufferable
>bandwagon central because of consistent success
If only I could take it back bros... I wish I would have taken the time to watch all the teams in the league and let my heart guide me to one. I hate being a steelers fan but after so many years, I still give my loyalty. It would feel like betrayal to select another team, and so I keep going. I feel more like a bears fan, but I can never change. It's like these shackles I am forced to wear. It's the strangest feeling because I want the steelers to succeed but at the same time I want them to be run into the ground so that they can start up all over from scratch. I want that feeling of supporting a team through rough times and years later seeing them blossom into champions. Anyone else know these feels?

If you're in NJ you can either go for a NY team or go for which team drafts Rutgers players a lot.

Which is the Super Bowl champion, the New England Motha Fuckin Patriots!!!

You realize that much of those, especially West of the Mississippi are sparely populated rural counties. We're talking hundreds of people over thousands of square miles

tfw I've visited family in L.A and San Francisco multiple times but I support Boston teams

You people know you can enjoy a sport without supporting a specific team, right?

Just pick the bears

i
ts because of gang stuff, or at least it used to be

You pick the one with the logo you like the most.

>NY has the Bills
>New Yorkers root for New Jerseys 2 teams
Be a New York cuck and root for your rival's teams.

here.
Why do you do this to me?

It's based on cities, not states. Especially for states where the big city is near a state border or there's a really sharp state/rural divide. Like in Illinois, Chicago has a team in every sport but people in Southern Illinois often end up being St. Louis fans anyway.

That's what D1 college football is for. Also minor league baseball and NASL/USL soccer. I think hockey and basketball have equivalents but I don't know what they're called.

Everyone of those logos except maybe, MAYBE the Broncos is a downgrade

I honestly don't know why anyone would want to get into refball

St. Louis fans?

>San Diego Chargers
Outdated Sports Images General - /osig/ ?

Nevada? You're gonna have to go Raiders, senpai. No other sports team even exists at a professional level in your state

Mississippi here. Almost everybody here is a Saints fan because of the proximity. Even in north MS, you're still only 5 hours from NOLA. Archie and Deuce sealed up the Ole Miss faithful throughout the decades as well. By the time the Oilers moved to Tennessee it was too late. I'm actually closer to Nashville than I am NOLA, but it's always been the Saints in this state.

Yes, southern Illinois is all cardinals, blues an (formerly) Rams fans. Which makes sense because St. Louis is right on the border of Missouri and Illinois while Chicago is hundreds of miles away if you're in the really southern reaches like where I grew up.

pretty much everything from bloomington-normal and further south is cardinals fans from what I've seen. Similarly, southern wisconsin and the racine/kenosha area are majority Cubs fans.

Yep. If you get to the very southern tip near Kentucky you'll occasionally run into Kentucky basketball and Tennessee pro sports fans, but not very often.

>Nevada
>not raiders
The Benedict Arnold of States

Throw darts

your logic is shit. how is it bandwagoning if youre picking whatever random team is televised locally

Happen to know the date of this? I'm particularly curious about the Chargers portion of California. I'd wager it's decreased since the relocation, and has probably become part of the Raider Nation.

>abandoning loyalty for the sake of immediate pleasure is the ultimate redpill

This is correct.

Just watch this and become a Carolina fan
youtu.be/ggdqAx8sn1s

Find a good NFL player who's either from your area or played college football in your area. Then cheer for him and his team.

bills

Wrong. Southern Indiana is Cowboys country

Patriots

I'm from Evansville and you're full of shit.

I'm from Evansville too. Ya ding bat. At USI I see more cowboys fans than colts fans. Same thing in Newburgh. Maybe I should have said Warrick County

There are multiple ways to do it.

1) Pick a team that family/friends support.
2) Back the team that is most commonly broadcast in your area.
3) Be a front runner and support the team that has won recently (be warned though, when they have bad years your friends will laugh at you).
4) Support a team based on how classy of an organization it is (do they treat people well, is there a commitment to excellence, etc.).

I can tell you're not from Jersey.

North Jersey goes NY and South Jersey goes Philly.

Steelers, been around since 1933, most owls in the league, always a part of good bantz

Maybe in boonville, definitely not in Newburgh.

>Oakland Raiders
>est. 1995
fucking triggered

Chicago Bears. Historic traditional franchise, in a competitive division with real rivalries, currently rebuilding but have two elite running backs, a near-elite D and a young QB with the potential to be elite. Their greatest rival is also teetering on the edge of going from elite to shit which will be glorious to experience.

I agree with most of this but if you think Trubisky has potential to be elite, I have some oceanfront property in Chicago to sell you.

Roll a pair of dice, and pick the team that won the superbowl that many years ago

What is really funny is the Eagles fans that popped up at USI today kek.

t. Pats fan

>Athletic as hell
>Cannon arm
>Crazy accurate on the run
>Demonstrated a clear mental improvement as the season went on

Like he's still got a long way to go and i doubt will be scratching top 10 for another 2 years but the potential is defintely there especially given how little experience he has.

I'd sooner support cheaters than fuckos throwing ice balls at Santa

This is utter nu-male behaviour. Fuck your faggot feelings. Eagles fans are bantz

>be me
>live in nebraska
>this place sucks
>take a trip to new york
>want to move there
>pick the giants

You pick the underdogs that are just barely sub-elite, but have future promise. That way you don't end up with a hopeless team, but you won't be called a bandwagoner when they become successful.

Is Kentucky the most cucked state on this map?

Eagles fans are obese slobs that climb poles like the monkeys they are

>jest

>southern Connecticut and northern NJ wish the were NYC
>southern NJ wishes they were Philly
Checks out

Why do you come to Sup Forums when you're a blatant no-fun allowed pussy? Reddit and tumblr are more likely to share your view on problematic behaviour

>want to move from rural shithole to urban shithole
I never understand this. Nebraska doesn't suck because it's rural, it sucks because it's all corn and there isn't any good scenery like in Montana, Colorado, Minnesota, etc. Megacities are miserable too, just for different reasons.

I'm sure Reddit and the nu-males are firmly behind Philly, the true GOATness of Brady makes betas mad

No, they slobber his dick and balls

Then why is New England the most Hillary-supporting region in the country? Even moreso than California, which is just sad.