Is Who Wants to be a Millionaire just a game of luck?

Is Who Wants to be a Millionaire just a game of luck?
I mean, there's 33.34% chance of being right unless the person happen to know the answer, and lifelines can only get you so far into the game.

Let's say there are 15 questions with 4 choices each. Let's also say there are 3 lifelines: call-a-friend, 50-50, and ask-the-audience.

For each of the 15 questions, there is only 1 correct answer, and 3 incorrect answers, so immediately your chances are 1/3 = 33.34%. You can use each lifeline once. Using phone-a-friend, let's say gives you a 95% chance the person you call is correct. So 1 question is 95%. Similarly, we can say ask-the-audience gives you a 95% chance. Finally, 50-50 will remove 2 wrong answers, so you have 1 right answer and 1 wrong answer, so you basically know the answer. To recap:

Question 1: 33.34%
Question 2: 33.34%
Question 3: 33.34%
Question 4: 95%

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XrUSjFAlNjk
youtube.com/watch?v=fDvNoLboqQM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

richard nixon

GUYS, DON'T FUCKING DATE

I see where you're going with this but I'm not falling for it.

XD so fanny

How old is this pasta? I haven't seen it in ages

If you know the answer to a question, you have a 100% chance of getting the question right.

More valuable data would be how many Americans know the answer to the kinds of questions they ask on the show.

but you don't lose any money if you don't win the game nigger

I already don't

God dammit, I noticed the typo. Jesus, now that I read this, I feel a little dead inside.

this show was pure kino when I was younger

I remember when someone would go out on the first question I would go to school the next day and me and my mates would talk and laugh about how much of an idiot that person was all day

good times

>Go on YouTube to look for John Carpenter (the director) stuff
>Find this asshole all the time

Who the fuck is this schmuck? Some guy who was good at Jeopardy or what

I remember it from around 2012

>95%
I know this OP is bait bought at a discount, but are your pals on the phone that reliable? Are there any rules about looking up the answer on your smartphone?

Dude who won and was so smug that he used a lifeline on his last question to call his dad to tell him that he's going to win.

Oh, okay. Then that makes a bit more sense.

Good on him, I would've done the same.

based

To win the game entirely by guessing it would be a one in 4^15 chance of succeeding

youtube.com/watch?v=XrUSjFAlNjk

From The Thing to Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

How the mighty have fallen.

British Millionaire > American Millionaire

M
ABSOLUTE
D
M
A
N

youtube.com/watch?v=fDvNoLboqQM

Watching the whole thing feels like he got so many softball questions. But then again I suppose this was the 90s before widespread internet