youtube.com/watch?v=CxiHMIM4NWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

twitter.com/twitter/statuses/955211281744695296

how much are they paying this nigga

Think it's a million plus some change

Not enough IMHO

Kind of wish I was a spic just so I wouldn't be receding at 26

>not authorized to view these tweets

michaels and collinsworth are at least 5000x better than any other combo working nowadays.

i like how nantz got audibly fed up with romo’s wishywashy bullshit on obvious calls

Never got the hate for collinsworth

Some of his best work was during the Titans-Patriots game

twitter.com/twitter/statuses/952375528496939008

More top-shelf Romo

He even calls out the ref cheating to get the Patriots into the AFC championship game.

twitter.com/twitter/statuses/952412821727227904

He's corny but otherwise I don't hate him.

I never got the hate for Joe Buck. People don't realize how hard it is to fill dead air about such a dynamic subject and never make an error. I don't think I've ever heard him use the wrong word, stutter or trip over his own tongue, except for maybe the "disgusting act" incident.

Besides being completely stiff and boring, Joe Buck is tolerable in nfl games. He's ass for baseball though. He'll latch onto one team or narrative and push it ad nauseum the entire fucking series

youtube.com/watch?v=CxiHMIM4NWI
how did this man get to commentate the super bowl

most commentators are able to paint a picture with their words and add a little emotion to the game.
its like joe has the vocabulary of a 10 year old
>CAUGHT, SIDELINE, TOUCHDOWN

>paint a picture with their words and add a little emotion to the game.

To me, that is the job of the color commentator.

What was he supposed to say?

Romo was obnoxious today but I still like him. He has a childish enthusiasm that's fun. No announcers are good. period. Buck in the latter game was making me wish Romo was present - even at his worst.

but when you compare joe buck to past commentators like pat summerall or even a current guy like jim nantz, his work is an absolute embarrassment. he just yells 1 word sentences as the play is happening. half of the time it doesnt even seem like he know what players are involved until after everybody separates/gets up, or else the color guy starts dropping names.

its not what he said its how he said it. no excitement for a miracle play? really joe fuck?

Romo definitely improved what was an otherwise lackluster matchup.

>jim nantz

Jim Nantz and Pat Summerall are really fucking good though. Joe Buck definitely doesn't stack up to those guys, but all I'm saying is that he's not awful.

It's kind of like how Mike Tirico is really good for NBA basketball. Yes he's nothing special, but it's really hard to do what he does and anybody who does that seamlessly gets my respect. That's all I'm saying. Not saying Joe Buck is GOAT or anything.

>Pat Summerall

*was

RIP

One of the reasons I prefer Buck over most commentators is because he's calm and collected throughout the game and doesn't shill for any team or player like most commentators do. He describes the plays and doesn't screech like an autist when something big happens. The color commentator is where you get your emotion from, not the play by play

Anyone else hate play by play since Im watching tv not listening to radio?
It's never anything nuanced either. Not showing you who is going unblocked or dbs dropping a receiver to stay in zone or a faked blitz going back to zone anything like that.
Its always
>QB DROPS BACK
as they do
>THROWS IT DEEP
I noticed that
>caught by X he is goig endzone touchdown.
Like yes I saw that as well.
I'd rather they just didn't bother with that and let the colour guy pick up on interesting shit. Like could you imagine Romo and Gruden in the booth together?

I think it's hard to do this these days since there is such a delay between live action, radio, and TV, but in the old days we used to mute the TV broadcaster and listen to the AM radio guy make the calls.

The AM radio guys were always the best.

You're right though, I always like a play by play guy who can recognize a defense faster than I can. I used to play, but it's still really hard to look at the field pre-snap and be able to see *everything* that's going on. That's why OC's get paid the big bucks.

>Mitchell...
>Mitchell...
>Mitchell...
>Down at the 25...

so now we hate tony romo commentating? i lost the last memo

Refresh the page.