Who is the best Star Trek captain, and why is it Sisko?

Who is the best Star Trek captain, and why is it Sisko?

Tugboat captains don't count.

The best captain is Kirk

Not your Affirmative Action Commander that wasn't even a Captain until Season 3 in hope of getting back all the ratings they had lost.

Because putting an ape in a little costume and watching it perform will never not be funny.

Janeway, she got the job done.

Had bigger balls then Kirk or Picard.

Technically he's "captain" of the Defiant since the Season 3 opener "The Search," and arguably, whenever he commands a runabout in season 1, just with the rank of Commander.

Janeway should have been stripped of her command the second she got back.

Kirk. The others don't even come close.

>Curck
>good

Sisko should be serving multiple life sentences for biological warfare, murder and an annoying love of incredibly boring sports.

>Shitposting in a Trek Thread, doesn't know Starfleet Regulations

Regulation 3 (Paragraph 12): In the event of imminent destruction, a Starfleet captain is authorized to preserve the lives of his crew by any justifiable means.

The patrician choice

The meme choice

>Curck
you sorta tried I guess

EDD
ING
TON

>Portrayed by based Kelsey Grammer
>Transported 100 years into the future, gave no fucks, and decided to go and fight the Borg

To me he'll always be the villain from Total Recall.

was this his sad alcoholic days? He looks fat

Picard will do a reconnaissance mission on the Cardassians, and be back in time for corn flakes.

When does the Dominion War kick into full gear? Halfway through season 4

How about the captain we should have had instead of Janeway?

>Baseball, boring

Eat shit you insufferable man child.

Sisko > Archer > Janeway > Kirk > Picard

It's Sisko. But here's the official list.

1. SISKO
2. PICARD
3. KIRK
MAJOR POWER GAP
500. CRUSHER
POWERGAP
600. SULU
601. ARCHER
ULTRA POWER GAP
999999999. JANEWAY

Sisko is the patrician choice of captain for the patracian trek. He was regal as fuck.

Daily reminder that Janeway was the only captain that would have been able to get Voyager home. They wouldn't have lasted a month in the Delta Quadrant without her. The only exception may be Sisko, as he would probably have been willing to just say fuck the Ocampa and use the Array to go home.

>mad
>at janeway

Is there a comfier looking uniform in all of Star Trek?

>DS9 thread
>is about shitting on other series
>half the posts are from the same IPs

yep, nothing to see

TOS, not that you would know

Shit, Janeway is shit. But she's comfier than Sully.

Aged like milk.

Why did DS9 not have any shuttles? There were only 3 runabouts, for approximately 1500 people to use if they wanted to get off the station. You'd think there'd be a couple of normal shuttles for just going to Bajor, instead of wasting a runabout to go over go for possibly days.

what does that have to do with the comfyness of the uniforms?

The uniforms do not look comfy because the costume design aged poorly, they look like cheap cosplay.

I permanently lost respect for him after that

This

You called?

>a fucking jumpsuit
>those shoes

Have you ever ware a military jumpsuit?

They're comfy as fuck, like one piece pajamas.

Jumpsuits are comfy as fuck

Why did DS9 spin when it has gravity mats?

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

no because only pilots and load dockers get them :(

>I'm sure it's only a glitch in the holodeck, a temporary setback.
>You call this a GLITCH?

>Hello, buddy boy Picard! Edward Jellico here. I guess you're on your knees right about now, begging for your life. Pathetic. You don't feel so cocky now, do ya? You know what the tragedy is here, Jean-Luc? We could have been friends... but you wouldn't go through proper channels. You went over my head. That hurt. But life goes on, it's an old story, the fight for love and glory and Starfleet, huh? It helps if you think of it as a game. Every game has a winner and a loser. I'm cashing you out, Picard.

>Hey, Eddie boy! How's tricks?
>That *thing* Data is still alive.
>I don't know what you're talking about.
>The Starfleet officer who arrested you, the one you spilled your guts to.
>Hey... take a look at my face, *Eddie*! He was trying to kill me.
>He's an android, you idiot! He recorded every word you said. His memory's admissible as evidence! You *involved* me! You're gonna have to kill it.

>Gonna need some major firepower. You got access to military phasers?
>We are the military.

>Every Starfleet officer knows when he joins there are certain inherent risks that come with the territory. Ask even Jean-Luc Picard, he'll tell ya, "If you can't stand the heat, you better stay out of the Enterprise."

>Suit yourself, Picard... but the new warship begins construction in two months. That's two million workers living in trailers. That means drugs, gambling, prostitution, hot Earl Grey flowing - virgin territory for the man who knows how to open up new markets. One man could control it all, Jean-Luc.

>The guy with the suitcase, the holographic projector, the phaser, the message from Worf. All of that was set up by us.
>Sorry. Too perfect.
>Perfect, my ass! You pop your memory cap before we can activate you. Riker goes hog-wild screwing up everything that I spent a year planning! Frankly... I'm amazed it worked!

The end of season 5.

What kind of a Captain relieves a fish of duty? What did Lexington do wrong?

Look like garbage mans with bad outfits

SHE LETS PEOPLE DIE OF THIRST!
a terrible death

>Voyager
>being anything other than a two hour tv special
That bitch should have used the Array to get Voyager back to the Alpha Quadrant, leave the Maquis in the Delta Quadrant and let Ransom and his crew take over the show.

Welp, that's too bad.

This

Because shuttles are all but useless compared to the runabouts?

I really did not like this episode.

I didn't hate it either.

Not him but I'm pretty sure they were using runabouts to bring people to and from Bajor. That's something shuttles could have easily been dispatched for (yes, shuttles can travel at a decent warp if that's any objection).

Who in the name of any god in any universe thought this was a good idea?

Janeway playing one of her ancestors to get some useless arcology type of place called the millenium tower up for..?

How could they ever think it would've been a good idea or in the least keep casual viewers on the channel?

The writers of Voyager were bonkers.

Sure, DS9 only had 3 runabouts, but it didn't need any more.

Bajor had its own transports for moving back and forth between Bajor and DS9.

voyager stole all the shuttles before launch.

The Voyager writers saw that people liked DS9's Far Beyond the Stars, but they didn't understand WHY people liked it.

So we got another "same actor portrays different character in the 20th century" episode, but this time without having a compelling story or a real connection to the series like FBtS had.

>doesn't recognize an obvious tribute to the city on the edge of forever

L O L

Yeah, but at least in FBtS it was an interesting script with all of the CREW playing in that same fantastical place / era.

This shit was literally Janeway in a snowy midwestern book store typing up flyers.

At least Threshold was interesting on a visual and weird level. This was so boring, so mentally unengaging that I only watched it when I completed all other Trek a few years ago.

>American History x
What did he mean by this?

How so?

It 100% was not, you ass.

please, try to think about what happens in the episode

Impressive.

Janeway goes back in time and falls in love but then has to watch her lover die in order for history to go on its rightful course.

Wait, that's not what happened.

Can you explain your theory, please?

Oh wait, that's the other episode. My bad.

What?

Even if it was, it is so horribly fleshed-out that you'd have to read into to it on a ridiculous level to see the connection.

The ONLY thing the two episodes shared were shitting on the little guy for the betterment of the wealthy elite. It's actually not that big of a connection.

You're comparing an entire an entire civilization being separate and superior to their lowly counterparts to the equivalent of tearing down a craft store to build a shopping mall.

She was. They couldn't drum her out of starfleet because shes a hero to the public, so they promote her to admiral and put her behind a desk where she can't cause any trouble, and starfleet can keep an eye on her.

To add, that episode of Voyager is the exact plot of Barbershop 2.

>tribute to the city on the edge of forever

No.

>useless arcology type of place
It was a space elevator wasn't it?

I made a mistake, I already admitted it.

This is why no one should ever apologize.

>I made a mistake, I already admitted it.
Nobody noticed because your posts are vague as fuck. Your claim was lacking in details and your retraction was lacking in details.

No, that was the episode "Rise" in season 3 or 4 or 5 of Voyager where Neelix names the carriage Alixia and they fly up into orbit to get information regarding some asteroid weapons to a government official.

Jesus, nobody can get their episodes right tonight, right?

I think it's just one guy who might be a lot newer to Trek than the rest of us. I can't even start reading the descriptions on Netflix anymore without knowing whether or not I want to watch the episode. I have to just randomly select the episode without even looking at the picture display.

Even then-

>DS9
>it's a Rom episode

Fuck.

Buuuuuuut I have some good episodes, BRUHther!

And Sup Forums loves masturbating to my wife!

Rom episodes are almost always Ferengi episodes except for the beginning of season 6 when he's on the space station hiding from the Dominion.

Otherwise, a bit of fun.

>THE GUY ON STAR TRACK WAS ALSO IN ROLBOCOP!

This shit bores me.

Awful tits. Google it.

Anyone else prefer Hoshi to T'Pol. The writers never worked out how to use her properly but for some reason I genuinely cared about what happened with her compared to the other crewmen.

Gravitational interactions with the rest of the galaxy. Same reason all the planets in our solar system will spin the same way unless they have suffered a massive collision.

she's still got a good body and a "fuck me" face that gets the loins hot and heated

I can't stand him. The only time I had any respect for him was when he stood up to Quark upon learning that he had tampered with his son's Star Fleet test results.

Go look for your wife, Chuck, I think she may have run off again.

Not even when they went on strike?

Hoshi had a lot of potential because she was the only crew member that showed she really didn't necessarily want to be there. It was resolved way too quickly. A big problem with Enterprise is that character flaws with the crew were sometimes resolved in a single episode rather than being an ongoing thing.

That's when he pissed me off the most. Not because of what he aimed to do, but the extremely annoying way he went about it.

>rom works for obrien in starfleet
>goes on strike
>demands more nothing.

Rom worked for the Bajoran military, not Starfleet.

I genuinely liked Mayweather. They give him fuck all to do outside of three episodes, but I like the idea of a spacer. In trek it seems like every character besides rapegangs and the token aliens are from earth.
Plus he had the cutie reporter gf in the terra prime episodes.

i know but still it really makes you think.

Rom didn't work for the Bajoran militia until after he quit working for Quark (where he got paid, but not enough, so he had to strike).

Sisko isn't a captain.
He's a stereotypical genocidal Starfleet Admiral, he just went out of his way to refuse the title.

He went on strike when he worked at Quark's, ya doofus

This actually gives me hope for Discovery. The fact that they have all this time might actually make for a better show. It gives you a lot of room for character development when you're not under pressure to deliver an episode so quickly.

It also means that if they fuck it up, they'll be under a lot more scrutiny and there will be a lot less pity.

Genevieve Bujold?

Lord no. She clearly wasn't invested in the role at all. Couldn't command a Clapper if she tried.

>TFW Hewmons are stupid as fuck and fall for our bull shit bt just saying mean things about other hewmons they dont like.
thanks for the 7 billion Australians.