Am I supposed to like Don?

Am I supposed to like Don?

You're supposed to think for yourself.

Only sometimes. In a lot of ways he's very weak, and he does a lot of shitty things to people. He's not supposed to be the writer's idea of "perfect Chad is the absolute coolest," if that's what you're asking.

If you absolutely hate him though, the show's probably not gonna work for you. I think the audience is supposed to care about him enough that you're disappointed when he fucks up, and want to see him do better. He fucks up a lot, though.

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY FUCKING HAD IT WITH THIS MEME!!!!!!!

you're supposed to want him to find happiness ya blorp

characters women will NEVER understand

>characters women will NEVER understand

He drinks too much

What else is there to this one dimensional character

You're not "supposed" to do anything, but Sopranos kind of kicked of the TV trend of morally ambiguous (or downright villainous) characters that a large part of the audience also sympathize with in some ways

>alcoholic nihilist

Roger isn't that complex

>DUDE ACID LMAO

you're supposed to understand him

Eveyone is an alcoholic nihilist on that show which is why it sucks

Not really, the point is try to understand him I guess. What I love about the character is that compared to the protagonists of other shows, Don is opaque as fuck and even at the end of the show he remains sort of an enigma.

Eat my ass faglord

these women understand Chad

I liked him because he's a flawed human being who is interesting.

>sympathize with Tony Soprano
Watch out everyone! We've got an edgy 13-year-old here!

You're stupid. Where do you think the "anti-hero" trope originated? The idea is that the guy is a complete piece of shit but there are glints of humanity that allow the viewer to empathize. It's done deliberately. It isn't just a stance taken by edge lords, dumbfuck.

If you're point in commenting is that you are so morally incorruptible that you shit the Eucharist, then take your fucking sanctimony elsewhere, dick stain.

your

Have you watched the show?

You're supposed to self-insert as him because you were taught by society that his empty, materialistic lifestyle is what everyone should aspire to

You can admire his natural style and raw talent, yes.
But the rest of Don's character is pretty despicable. Mad Men is not a show to watch if you like good people trying to be good people. Very few shows about good people these days.

You can analyze his character for centuries.

also this

Fpbp

Underrated

Came here to post this

etc

empathise*

Alcoholic nihilist that sometimes struggles with feeling like he didn't earn his way to his success, but in a way that doesn't really matter to him since in the end he is a nihilist.

If you're a fedora wearing pleb.

Don is likable, but his actions are generally bad.

This is not to say that he is an unattractive man, indeed a lot of his behavior is tolerated on account of him being an attractive figure, but an inability to distinguish the two areas is far from desirable.

>
>He's not supposed to be the writer's idea of "perfect Chad is the absolute coolest," if that's what you're asking.

I think you might be wrong. Especially since the writing staff of Mad Men was entirely female, and especially considering that they were drawn from a social cohort that is notorious for going to New York City to pursue both a career and a husband. Don Draper is very likely wish fulfillment on their part. At least in his mannerisms they are writing what they would like to find. Roger Sterling seems more of a father figure. Cosgrove, Abe, Pete, etc. are various man types that they know.

The whole point is that it's set up to be wish fulfillment at the beginning, but we learn more about the character where we no longer admire him like we did previously. The other characters, especially Pete, do represent various characteristics of men.

>glints of humanity that allow the viewer to empathize.
>Tony Soprano
Are you really that much of an idiot? And anyways, that isn't what "the idea" of an anti hero is; an anti-hero is literally just a main character who isn't a traditional hero. You're dumber than a bag of bricks.

>If you're point in commenting is that you are so morally incorruptible that you shit the Eucharist, then take your fucking sanctimony elsewhere, dick stain

*Tips fedora*

You admire him, then you pity him.