Ghost in the Shell is already 2017's worst movie

thenewdaily.com.au/entertainment/movies/2017/03/30/ghost-in-the-shell-review/

Holy shit. The manchild tears from Sup Forumseddit and Sup Forums will sustain me for weeks.

But I wanted it to fail.
I don't want normies in muh anime and I don't want the 90's to become the new 80's.

>The manchild tears from Sup Forumseddit and Sup Forums will sustain me for weeks
Literally no one wanted this movie nor needed it to succeed

Sup Forums wanted it to fail though.

honestly it's probably getting a little more negative feedback because so many reviewers are comparing it to the 1995 film. This delivers exactly what marvel movies deliver, minus the incessant quips.

I assume.

I've seeing it tonight.

There have been a lot of annoying manchildren shilling their bullshit for weeks hoping it would succeed so hollywood could defile more anime properties but to them it would've been like the capeshit wave and the would have jerked off to it. It's beautiful to see their subpar dreams come crashing down.

>Beauty and the Beast will probably still be number one at the box office

This is what everyone WANTED to happen though. I bet you think people here are looking forward to Death Note too.

>Make a movie based off of a well established title.
>Think its a smart idea to not hold true to the original title and "put a modern spin on it" or "put my own interpretation" into the movie.
>Shocked it flops.

The only way you can make a movie based off of something else that exists and was already well established and a good movie, is to remake a flop.

Lets look at Night of the Living Dead, I know, I know, George is god to some of you shits, but that black and white movie, was fucking awful, the remake, pretty good.

Blob remake, pretty good.

If they wanna remake something, remake a awful movie, or something thats been forgot about all together, go remake Zatt!

I thought Sup Forums fags wanted it to fail

Everyone here (at least on Sup Forums) wanted it to fail, you stupid nigger. In days where RT score can determine success or failure this critical panning is a godsend. Goodbye anime adaptions.

>it's a Hydeposter thread
Not even gonna bother reading your post, everyone move along.

>w-we wanted it to f-fail

OHHHH BABY

As a manchild there's nothing I want less than hollywood to make live action anime.

Live action versions of cartoons have never, ever gone well.

Sup Forums wanted it to fail, you dumb twat.

>SJWs are giving it bad reviews due to "whitewashing"
>Sup Forums is lapping it up

Where were you when Sup Forums finally became what it hates?

Outside of Disney at least.

Paint Your Wagon (1969) remake when?

>SJWs hate it for "whitewashing"
>weebs hate it for not being a shot for shot remake of the original movie
>general audience thinks anything related to anime is weird
Who is the target demo here?

F/a/g here, glad it failed and I hope Akira does too.

RoboCop fans

Feminists who also hate slant-eyed devils. It's the next big market.

Akira is never going to actually get into development.

?

Haven't they been trying to do a Akira movies for years?

It's Death Note that's going to be the next trainwreck.

>incredibly obvious clickbait title
>giving it the promotion it wants

Good job cuck.

It's a solidly fine movie that's getting dragged down by identity politics reviews now.

They're really trying to push it right now, but maybe ghost doing bad will make them back out again.

>thinks an entire board collectively agrees on something
>a few say they don't want it to fail
>HAHAH NOPE YOU GUYS ARE LYING
What a sperg

If you have seen the 1995 movie and 2004 sequel then you should appreciate the amount of source material that they put in this movie.

I loved the plot twist which explains why Scarjo was cast.

>>Think its a smart idea to not hold true to the original title and "put a modern spin on it" or "put my own interpretation" into the movie.

This is literally the point of an adaption

You know what else took that approach? The 1995 Ghost in the Shell. It's got fucking nothing to do with it's source material in tone and most of it's content.

B-B-B-BUT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CYBERKINO

>Set in a Blade Runner-like future

And you're raising it up because of politics too. Shit is shit.

So you want shitty DC and Marvel capeshit instead of anime adaptions?

I love Nolan's Batman but by God is the DCEU shit lately. Not seeing Wonder Woman, Justice League looks like a CGI shit fest with a plot I am not at all interested in. BvS could have been great but instead it became one of 2016's worst movies.

GitS is miles better than the pile of shit BvS was.

>It's got fucking nothing to do with it's source material in tone and most of it's content.

t. shill who never read ir

>I love Nolan's Batman

>He doesn't consider the Dark Knight the best super hero film ever made alongside Raimi's Spiderman

>So you want shitty DC and Marvel capeshit instead of anime adaptions?
Yeah, let Hollywood stick to shitting up comic books.

URGHURUR THIS IS GONNA BE ANIMEKINO ARE U LADS REAADDYYY

I'm revelling in it all as well, OP.

I don't like capeshit so I really don't care what they do with it. I just want muh secreat anime club left alone.

You like it because sjws don't like it.

Major borders on being a manic pixie girl in the manga.

Remember the part where she plants a fucking car bomb in Aramaki's car for lols?

>people complaining that the movie is bad because it stablishes its own thing

Didn't you ever learn from SAC or even 1995? The thing is that this thing tried to ape the other ones while providing just simplification and water.

Step it up

>Adapt something thats got a serious following.
>Make it shit.
>WHY DONT PEOPLE LIKE MY SHITTY ADAPTATION!

GITS did not have that extreme of a following until after the movie, and even then until the series sprang up, ontop of that, the movie followed the manga well enough to the point.

You want something to help your defense, choose the animated Akira movie, fantastic visually, butchered the story.

Now, what happens when you make a live action movie?
>Why does this movie look the same as every other fucking movie.
>Aw shit, story is bad too.
Literally nothing to latch onto, unless they maybe somehow make the characters enjoyable in the movie.

I learned enough from Arise that I don't want any more GitS.

The only thing I care about anymore when it comes to the DCEU is Batman and Joker.

With WB fucking up Suicide Squad with the butchered cut and Ben Affleck not interesting in making the Batman now since his depression caused him to become an aocohol addict... Reboot the DCEU now?

I cannot believe a Marvel director is director a Batgirl movie. Not to mention I don't give a shit about Batgirl. I don't give a shit about the Wonder Woman movie and the Justice League movie looks like a boring CGI fest.

How much more will the DCEU suffer until it is rebooted?

Nigga, I just want an original idea for a movie at this point. No remakes, no reboots, no sequels, just a brand new idea that isn't shit and is original.

WTF I WANTED TO MAKE THIS A NEW THREAD NOT POST IN THIS THREAD

Most anime just wouldn't work in live-action. The only one that could do well are SOL stuff but there isn't any money in that.

I like it because it was a solidly entertaining movie that I'd give like a 6.5-7 out of ten.

Acting like I'm just out to spite the ess jay dub boogeyman is hilarious because I am one, I'm left wing as fuck you doofus. I'm just not some blinded zealot, I can call out when I think agenda pushers are taking out their politics on a convenient target that will get them hits.

Arise was bad BECAUSE it tried to ape SAC! You don't simply adapt GITS, you make your own version of it, that's why it's good for so many different interpretations!

My point is that, when one starts to think like a producer with the series, then it isn't good at all. GitS is mostly driven by the authors who make it: Shirow, Oshii and Kamiyama.

No anime needs a live action adaptation. At least capeshit is still images being brought to motion.

Why would I appreciate them taking iconic shots from the movies and making them worse?

>No anime needs a live action adaptation.
This. I will never understand people that want "animekino", like animation is some form of inferior art than "real film" and want to be legitimised. Specially in the context of fucking blockbusters and plain mainstream Holywood.

>>Why does this movie look the same as every other fucking movie.

You mean this movie that even the negative reviews are saying looks amazing?

>53%
>worst movie

I'm not saying it's a good movie but the worst of 2017? I'm sure The Bye Bye Man and loads of other movies have gotten a lower percentage this year.

2 late nigger

Imagine being the Puppet Master in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Motoko Kusanagi, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your flabby body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally merge my consciousness with you, both my ghost and the real me." when all he really wants to do is hack another loli sexbot in the red light district. Like seriously imagine having to be the Puppet Master and not only sit in that chair while Kusanagi flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and doughy skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that stance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, KUSANAGI LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been hacking nothing but a healthy diet of foreign diplomats and politicians and later Section 9 staff for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Section 6. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and merge with her "Rubenesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the Minister of Foreign Affairs calls for another hacking, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the cyberpolice could shut you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're the fucking Puppet Master. You're not going to lose your future ghost over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Let me watch it first, then I will say otherwise user, but it was a broad blanket statement, I have seen far to many movies lately that look similar to other movies.

>Internet outrage exploded when Marvel star Scarlett Johansson was announced in the lead role of Hollywood’s live-action reboot of Japanese sci-fi story Ghost in the Shell.

>What’s more, the casting is an even bigger problem than expected. Yes this megacity is a multicultural melting pot, but would it really have been so awful to hire an upcoming Japanese actress?

> Japanese director Mamoru Oshii helmed two Ghost in the Shell animated movies. He has publicly defended Johansson’s casting, arguing that Major’s body is cybernetic, so it doesn’t matter what race she is. True, but Japanese actors are, for the most part, relegated to decorative extras here.

>Caucasian writers Jamie Moss and William Wheeler insert a hokey, apologetic reason for Major’s whiteness that only exacerbates the problem.

>It could have been interesting to suggest the big, bad, robot-producing corporation that built her has Nazi tendencies, but that’s never given any room.

>the emo-caped assassin Kuze, yet another generic superhero film villain.

Wait what. Plebshit here I always thought the fresh/rotten line was 50% but it was rotten even at 59.

>Sup Forums

Sup Forums wants this movie to fail.

Below 60% is rotten.

>There have been a lot of annoying manchildren shilling their bullshit for weeks hoping it would succeed so hollywood could defile more anime properties
>Holy shit. The manchild tears from Sup Forumseddit and Sup Forums will sustain me for weeks.

I take it you've never been to Sup Forums before? Sup Forums has been up in arms over it since the first news dropped. I probably won't even pirate it.

every thread since it was announced has been against it and waiting for it to flop

>hire a white girl
>Call her Asian

What did they mean by this

>jew
>white

This is probably for the best, anime's biggest appeal is that the jews haven't gotten their greasy claws on it yet

looks pretty white to me

>>But we wanted it to fail
classic Sup Forums backpedaling

Hahahahahaba weeb faggots kys yourselves

I just saw it & it was complete eye candy. Felt like a live action Stand Alone Complex movie if anything.

Speak for yourself.

I want it to flop so bad that Hollywood never makes a anime adaptation again

God I fucking hate white people, esp white weebs so cringey.

I don't care what race the cast is. I don't want it to exist at all.

its 49% now

this

Nice autism.

that's not completely true > > and there's more

Just seen it

Interesting concept. Brilliant tone with visuals and soundtrack meshing superbly (worth watching in cinema for this alone). Acting good all round. Story loses its way in the last third but still very enjoyable.

But the thing that stops it being great is the fact its a 12a (britfag). Needed to be a 15 as a minimum. So much of the action and effects are crippled by the 12 rating.

Good but not great. 7/10

Maybe you should just have watched the fucking REAL movies

Actually, I thought it was pretty good.

Not amazing, just good.

Seen it too and really enjoyed it

here they come

it has a FSK 16 rating in germany, what is wrong with this country.

i bet there isn't even any real blood in this

I think its tonally different enough to warrant its own movie

This film will only increase the audience for the anime, its definitely no flop or joke. Who knows it might turn some people on to your precious anime theres no need to be an elitist prick about it

the action scenes have impact but yh no blood and you can tell they edited loads out. Opening action scene is brilliant

The androids "bleed" white milky bullshit.

And they do a recreation of that scene where she tears apart but with none of the impact. Fuck that movie.

>This film will only increase the audience for the anime, its definitely no flop or joke. Who knows it might turn some people on to your precious anime theres no need to be an elitist prick about it
Exact reason I want it to fail so bad.

you know someones a faggot when they refer to themselves as weebos and otakus in a positive light.
not even actual japanese otakus would call themselves that unironically

>muh sekrit club
anime has been normalfag shit since fucking pokemon

>there are people who wanted a live action GiTS
>there are people who want a live action Akira
>there are people who want a live action Evangelion
>there are people who want a live action Fate/Stay Night

>white milky

Half the joy in loving something is sharing it with other people

Those people are fucking retarded.

>Ghost in the Shell (1995)
Kino

>Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (2004)
Pure unadulterated kinography

>Ghost in the Shell (2017)
Crappy flick

i'm going to see gits with my mom, she hates japanese animation and refuses to watch it. now she will finally get to see gits, so i'm happy.

personally i'm hoping for a live action paprika