Please no namecalling

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/1242wb33
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He was down by contact

he wasn't though

you're right, he was just contacted while down

He touched the receiver while stealing the ball

That's not how down by contact works, he has to have possession before he can be tackled

They lost, who gives a fuck

ref thought that he had been touched while on the ground after recovering the fumble, but actually he likely wasn't, it was just very close

because the refs realized it wasn't a fumble and that they made the wrong call.

Fuck off. Kys

literally wasn't even a fumble

dude it's the Jags bro, who cares if they got screwed

>why did they the whistle the play dead?
Because if Jack had scored that touchdown the Patriots wouldn't have been able to win. Duh, not hard.

Seriously, since it was both a change of possession and potentially a scoring play - which meant it would automatically get reviewed to get the call right - all the ref had to do was *not* blow the whistle. Instead the ref did the one thing that *prevented* the possibility of the Jags scoring and the outcome the NFL didn't want: he whistled the play dead.

It's another version of what the refs did in the Chiefs-Titans game, where the strip sack of Mariota was whistled dead because of Mariota's "forward progress." One call, but it changed the outcome of the whole game.

Turnovers are one of those areas, like holding and PI, where the refs can put their thumb on the scale of the game to get the outcome the league wants. It's just the NFL's version of the NBA calling fouls and traveling.

Of course, there will always be those who insist "It wasn't scripted! He kicked out!"

---

p.s. At this point the ref crews could be making calls in favor of the Pats totally unconsciously, simply because the refs have swallowed the Kool-Aid of "the Pats are better." This sort of thing was painfully obvious in the Cardinals-Steeler Super Bowl, where early in the game the refs tried to give Rapistburger a TD when he was clearly down over a yard from the goal line, and where they missed three glaring fouls on the Harrison interception, any of which would have negated that TD.

Program a crew with the belief that the Pats are "better" and they don't have to be given a script from New York - the refs' own programming will have them call the game so the "correct" outcome of the "miraculous Brady-Belichick Pats win!" occurs.

Refs pretty much always call plays dead after a fumble recovery 2bh

There weren't any missed calls on the Harrison INT return. Get over it Cardinalsfag.

I hope players start ignoring whistles like that and just go for the TD. You can always review after

They do sometimes and it doesn't matter. After it gets reviewed they just bring the ball back.

Wasn't even a fumble though
He secured the ball by pinning it against his body and then was down by contact

No, no, he didn't. The ball was moving as he went down. Geez, you're a fucking dingus.

I was born outside of Pittsburgh and grew up a Steelers fan, dumbass.

The unrecognized thing the blind, raging homerism of the Pats and the Steelers fanbases does is it taints *all* the achievements of very good football teams.

But I guess those fans are so insecure and so desperate to believe that the falsified achievements of millionaire athletes have anything to do with them they delude themselves.

Nothing is going to change until a player assaults a ref. I dont understand why one of the jags didnt just cream that ref coming across the middle of the field and been like "opps". They arent wearing helmets , its send a message to the whole crew

this is where they lost. I think we can learn from this:

-if you're not (a paid ref) sure of what to call, let the guy reach the end zone, it will be reviewed
-if you as a player (don't value your life or your family) know in your head that is a true TD play, fucking go for it.

Instead of focusing on the holdings and DPI calls, honest NFL watchers should focus 100% on this play and red pill the rest of the normies.

The ball is allowed move. He still had control. Refs clearly helping out the Jags

lol no

lol yes

Any rule nerd care to answer?

You stupid fuck

no name calling pls

How Can he be "down" before he actually has the ball?

This is correct.

Reminder that the NFL is literally rigged.

can i post yet

Why didn't he keep running the ball into the end zone if he thought it was a legitimate fumble?

You don't have to be touched while a knee is touching the ground. He was touched, fell to the ground and then got the ball while on the ground = down by contact

He was down as soon as he recovered it because he was on the ground due to contact with a defender.

Why would they even do that? Just let it play out and then you can review. It's shit like this that makes you realize it's rigged.

>be wide receiver
>get pushed to the ground by defender
>purposely let go of ball, then re-grip ball
>hurr durr i wasn't tackled because I lost possession and wasn't touched again after I regained it

The ground pushed the ball out. Wasnt even a fumble

he was

Because they were about to beat the patriots and the hatred for the Patriots is so high at this point that people actually tune in just to root for them to lose
i.e. Patriots in SB = massive ratings = refs cheat to get Patriots in SB

t. genius

strawpoll.com/1242wb33

strawpoll.com/1242wb33
strawpoll.com/1242wb33

they whistled the play dead after he got up and started running

what happens after the whistle doesn't matter