The Expanse thread

Starting to get worried about this show, the corners they're cutting with the source material and the character development they're replacing those corners with like the pretty shitty Somnambulist shootout is heading towards a point of no return.

Show Prax is an asshole for no reason and the performances of Captain Gormless, Naomi, Bobbie and more are getting really grating. I do like Amos and Avasarala though who especially is better than in the books. Hopefully they'll pull through because it's not like we're going to get any better space TV.

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/5-8/features/F_Carbonated_Beverages_Space.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This last episode was the weakest of the entire show by far.

Bobbie's actress needs to get in better shape by next season, it was a bit distracting seeing her in that skintight suit

Agreed with the corner cutting thing. Going by the time the spent on the vomit zombie on ganymede discussion and the peace conference thing I assume they are prioritising scenes that set up future developments Bobby becoming a more main character, Chrisjen fucking off to space to investigate shit. But if you don't already know that it does seem rather pointless, like they don't care about casuals following the show or something.

The conversation with the homeless guy was particularly stupid, it went out of its way to contradict book facts about Earth's societies (why?) and topped it off with an inanity about Martian music as though they wouldn't have access to it. It goes against the attention to detail I so like in the world building otherwise.

Agreed
Agreed
Agreed, and don't want Bobbie to be a MC
Agreed

Next week better not blow

All I'm hoping for is Florence to portray Clarissa. I don't mind Bobbie but fuck, she needs to show better dedication to that role physical-wise.

Literally all I care about is Bobbie and I want her to beat me up and sit on my face.

he gets it

Is it just me or is Bobbie hiding a pregnancy?

Holden is distractingly sexy

Holden

>let the spy die on Eros
>destroyed the medical ship on Eros
>killed the corrupt cops on Ganymede
>let Amos beat up Roma

I like this new guy

Why? We got to learn that Amos is a fucking psycho

Did Amos get the mind altering surgery a couple episodes ago? He walked out of some clinic all fucked up looking and then was a cold dick to everyone for the entire episode. Even more than usual. He seems back to normal now.

I wanted Kenzo to live because I love Elias and thought would have been an interesting addition to the roci crew despite not being the books

and he was a total qt

ok bookfags, I haven't read the books on purpose since I like this show I'm just going to avoid them until they eventually cancel it, then I'll read them.

So I'm keeping up fine, its easy to follow, w/e shit they've cut doesn't seem to matter, also bobby a cute

Na, that was when the crew were apart from each other and he couldn't remember why he was helping dindu refugees so went to some dive bars and played drunken billigerant white knight for some whores for a while. Because he only identifies with whores and children.

I think he was just leaving a bar after drinking for days. He had been feeling like shit.

>contradict book facts about Earth's societies
What did they say? About the sewer water? Or the vocational training lists, because that was in the protogen doctor's backstory, right? Also that bum admitted that he might as well be full of shit and it wouldn't matter.

I prithee you prefer papyrus, poofters

Kill yourself you fucking shitty ass Star Wars manchild troll.

STFU, she's supposed to be thick.

>the conversation that illuminates how bad the situation for the poor on Earth was stupid.

Christ why do you fucking morons even watch this show if you're just going to whine about the DUMBEST fucking things.

I said the exact same thing yesterday. Holden not having perfect morality makes the character more believable as a captain. His demeanor in the first episode was perfect and he turned into a giant pussy after that.

>I only date super models and can only watch shows with them.

You've clearly never met a military female.

Some difference I've seen. Nothing spoilery, since it's the same basic idea.
Book was more about terrans having basic income. You had to choose to work for a year to be accepted in higher education. So, either basic or money.
Chinese guy is much more fleshed out as an introverted nerd.
The alien on Ganymede is a known event to all the characters from the start rather than being some shitty supressed memory horror meme. My guess is they didnt have a space battle budget.
All those crap scenes with mechanical mice, muh pachinko upbringing and lady out the airlock were all made up for the show. There's definitely a bluehair on the writing staff.

Becuase Earh in the book isn't a hunger games distopia. It's just a crowded stagnant euro country.

you honestly had to reply to me twice to show off your love for that pudgy amazon baby?

k, you do you. But she's not like Book Bobbie and she can stand to get a bit more in-shape.

thats what the show kept saying, and then that scene, like everyone's been lied too, I mean if the writer is approving this then maybe its something he just never got to touch on in the books

isn't book bobbie suppose to be like over 6ft tall? don't be a fucking child

>not touched up by the author yet
Bobbie is literally wandering the Hague, noticing it's not like her Martian propaganda and people are choosing not to work.

Let's cut them a break for not having the cgi in making every single non-terran look like episode 1 hook man

>Holden not remorseful about killing corrupt cops and correctly telling Naomi to fuck about it because they saved the woman's life
>Amos/Meng broship
>Holden and Amos playing perfect good cop bad cop with chicken man
>It's an Amos beats the shit out of someone episode
>Meng gives a text book perfect explanation of simple complex systems and shows how fragile artificial ecosystems are in a concise and clear manner
>Errenwright acting like a human being a not a sycophantic bureaucratic yes man for once
>Bobbie Draper's fat ass in those compression pants
>View of how and why things are so bad for lower class Earthlings
>No Fred Johnson faggotry

Other than no Drummer this was a perfect episode.

Go back to jerking yourself off to your Star Wars Rebel cartoons. You'll get your splosions, boom booms, and your jedi faggots dancing around petting each other with lazer cock there you kike loving philistine man child sack of aids riddled Ethiopian shit.

>don't be a fucking child
>DRAPER A CUTE THICC HNNGGG

fuck off. Her fupa and double chin are distracting. Look at her old photos, she wasn't as fit as she could be but at least she doesn't look like a god damn slob.

yea thats what the show kept saying too, ok she wandered into a getto? it did seem strange after everything we've heard and seen about earth on the show, honesty though it wasn't like their was crime or any danger everyone just seemed to be on drugs

You forgot to mention Alex's beautiful rendition of Hank Williams and his zero gravity ballet.

>don't be a fucking child
>is a fucking child
lol

This isn't reddit faggot no one knows or cares who the fuck you are and that you're on Sup Forums and surprised about your idiocy being called out says a lot about how new you are.

I know you have a hard time watching a woman that isn't a flawless cunny, tranny, or flat chested mary sue but real men actually like curves on their women you fucking weabboo neckbeard.

that was great

Yeah, it really didn't seem all that bad. She just found a gritty part of New York full of homeless people. That really shouldn't be all that shocking.

Yeah right back at ya, can go back and forth all night.

Doesn't change the fact she's out of shape.

Book Bobbie is described as lookign like this. She's supposed to be MASSIVE, like, easily overpowering full grown men large.

Other than Errenwright (whose probably the tallest non belter on the show) she's been the tallest person in every scene she's been in.

You really need to step back, read how you sound and rethink your life.

Yeah but Alex is always gold. He hams it up so perfectly which allows everyone else to be serious.

The floating beer scene was a very Alex scene executed in a very Alex manner.

Alex is great.

if you get the right actor thats better, plus I do not fucking want some roided flatchested dyke, show bobbies just fine thanks

>you need to start hurting my feelings or I'll downvote you!

Fuck you. Crawl back to your mummy's basement and jerk off to your twink point you spoiled autistic lard ass.

k

Yeah I like Bobby a lot. Same with Crisjen. The women on this show have outstanding writing except for Naomi who could be jettisoned into space right now and the show would be better for it.

>Perfect morality Mary Sue OPA nigger that fucks the space equivalent of a male model and can't handle the hard reality of the life she's in after EVERYTHING she's experienced

She's basically there to keep Amos from tearing everyone apart with his bare hands at this point. I would kill for more Drummer and less Naomi. Drummer in literally 30 minutes of screen time across the entire show has demonstrated she's a deeper character, a stronger character, and the actress is prettier and more talented.

I am glad they're expanding Drummer's role it seems though if it goes as far as I suspect then...well...

But yeah, she's fucking great.

>tv: ive been waiting 50 years to be a doctor
>book: you need to work one year as a waiter to show you're committed enough to want to have a career. Otherwise, you can get slack off

Book earth aint a slum. Just degenerate.

After what the OPA did to her she's definitely going to be on team Roci, as long as Fred Johnson doesn't fuck it up.

they're only getting 4 seasons. Venus won't do anything. they should drop the Protomolecule and have this season end with the Free Navy being fags, but probably won't.

That was a needed change. Up until the Ganymede incident you empathize HEAVILY with the Martians by default because of how fucked up Earth and the Belt are. Now you actually see where the Earth is coming from, although half the population still needs to be purged.

webm of the beer trick when

This, it's what I want the most.

>Perfect morality Mary Sue OPA nigger that fucks the space equivalent of a male model and can't handle the hard reality of the life she's in after EVERYTHING she's experienced
I could give you an explanation from the books if you like...

She was supposed to be some genuis, ametuer, mechanical engineer, mostly self taugh and maybe correspondance because belt don't have schools. Her boyfriend was some OPA hardcore but she didn't into politics. He knocked her up then gave her some projects to work on to keep her busy while she was in hospital. Later she found it that that work allowed them to blow some eather ship up. She tried to get out of the group but they guilted her but they held her kid hostage and she ended up running anyway.

So she is hiding from her past and trying to reinvent herself (hence the bland personality) but is still conflicted about not looking for her kid, screwing over her ex, sticking her head up and being found by her ex. Hence the unpredictable behaviour.

gimme like 5 mins and I'll make it

Oh but I loved that thicc figure. She was super cute.

Wasn't there a whole arc in the books describing how that protogen doctor studying the protomolecule got where he was. I remember something about him going through some charity program where there was a ridiculous amount of competition and still not making it. Protogen was recruiting good people that still washed out or something. Or wait, did he crash and burn because of getting addicted to study drugs?

thank you good sir

>annoying granny ruins yet another show

How will we ever stop them?

>I have really poor taste in men despite my magical genius level intellect, am pants on head retarded for not deducing that my psychopath terrorist bf would use my tech to hurt people, am a terrible fucking mother, and am now a giant hypocrite

I take it back, I liked it more when she was just a normal Mary Sue.

>hating on based Shohreh

the fuck am i reading

saved saved saved

Why is Alex so great, bros?

Pity there's no beer in space.
nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/5-8/features/F_Carbonated_Beverages_Space.html

>my spoiled middle class single child upbringing where my mummy loved me with all heart makes it impossible for me to listen to anyone that isn't exactly like me because I'm an autistic fucking retard.
>BAWWW. WHY IS A 70 OLD INDIAN WOMAN CHARACTER THAT DOESN'T SPEAK ENGLISH AS A FIRST LANGUAGE PORTRAYED BY A 70 YEAR OLD INDIAN WOMAN THAT DOESN'T SPEAK ENGLISH AS FIRST LANGUAGE

You sound like an incredibly intelligent person and I have a feeling a conversation with you will be rewarding on an unimaginable level.

i'm going to marry alex!

Just beat me to it. I wish we could have sound.

>Beer has to be carbonated

retarded

I want her to be my granny who I show my new gf to and she just bantz the girl to tears.

>ywn be severely criticized and torn down verbally by Avasarala all while she wears a smile
;_;

>where ever I goddamn want!
Yass queen slay! SLAY QUEEN!

Maybe it was bourbon.

Mechanical engineering genious, not social. And not omniscient, she didn't know he was a terrorist. She clearly didn't know what she was getting into and probably didn't want to know. No-one said she was a good person, who on this show is?

You must be a real misanthrope. Defining someone by the mistakes they have made. Have you heard of the fundamental attribution error?

>Whoever the fuck you are, I suggest you stand down

THIS!!

OMG THIS SO MUCH!!!

>she didn't know he was a terrorist

Yes she did. She met him at a meeting of radical OPA leaders for fucks sake. She knew exactly what the program she was making did.

I'm less pissed off about Naomi's past or more pissed off about the fact that all of this is undoubtedly going to get an episode or two to itself and I am not looking forward to it at all.

60 minutes of Drummer shaving her legs would be more rewarding than that.

I love it when she swears.

Are you beltalowda ready?

You're into those old-style cask beers? They're still fizzy but just much lower than modern carbonation techniques.

>Maybe it was bourbon.
That or other distilled stuff. Not seen any whiskey bulbs yet. I know the Russian cosmonauts were still knocking back the vodka on some missions.

Wondering if those cans Alex was downing had some kind of soft plastic seal on them? Like a cross between a normal can and those drinking bulbs so beloved of written near-future sci-fi.

The airport in Germany has a bunch of duty free liquor in cans similar to what he's drinking. How would zero g affect a person consuming alcohol? I assume it'd be worse

YES!

I hope I'm as much of a bad bitch when I'm a grand mother

what do you all think of the design? I rather like it

Anyone have a webm of one of them chasing down the UN soldiers? It looked fucking scary

>"HARURRURRARGH [ribbit] URRGHRRURRARGHRURRR [ribbit]."
What the fuck did she mean by this?

no spoil, please

>She’d spent most of the weeks following the birth in recovery. The baby kept her from sleeping very long at a stretch, but apart from one week of frankly hellish colic, he was neither harder nor easier than she’d been led to expect. The worst thing she suffered was boredom, and Marco helped with that. The local group he’d been drinking with were mechanics and technicians at the port, and Marco brought her engineering problems that they were trying to solve. They were the sort of work consultants would do for half a month’s credit. She did them from goodwill and the need to do something intellectually challenging. While Filip napped in the little plastic crib, she customized diagnostic programs for water recyclers. She built virtual timing sequencers for shear force detection units. She designed software overrides for testing the containment limits of magnetic bottles.

So Ganymede is doomed and all the Belt is going to starve to death while Mars unleashes an army of AYY LMAOs on Earth?

>this season won't end with "we need to talk"

missed opportunity but i suppose perfect mid-point for S3

I've read second book a year ago and can't remember if protogen actually worked for Mars. It seems Avasaralla just wanted to distract Bobby.

Are you an indian qt?

Become a chainsmoker and you will be.

>Had to listen to Belter fucking shits whine for 2 seasons about how shitty their lives are and how it's all the Inner's fault
>Turns out Earthers live just as shitty lives except there's like 20 times as many of them

He did it for Miller.

She knew Bobbie would end up in Martian hands again - she was just priming Draper to feed them what she wants the Martians to know about current Earthgov thikning. For the time being that is she wants them to think Earth is blaming Mars, and not one of their own companies.

>Perfect morality
>then keeps some evil spaceshit
she is just the worst kinda person

She's Iranian though