Why is this the only good anime?

Why is this the only good anime?

yes

The only good anime was Neon Genesis Evangelion and Death Note and both of those relied on western themes and philosophy

Holy shit Ive never known anyone else to have watched this. Literally my favorite anime.

go away autismo

because you're a sekret club faggot and the quality of something to you purely depends on how obscure it is.

The only thing that attracts people to SEL is the moeblob who weebs can jerk it to under a 4deep2u pretense.

there is no such thing as good anime

All anime is shit, return to your containment board subhuman.

/thread

>NGE
>western themes

What? Christianity came from the Middle East and the idea of mental collectivization is very Asian, I feel. It's a common theme in a lot of anime at the very least - Serial Experiments actually features it too.

>Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop exist
>post pretentious babby no philosophy show
>some other retard pseud follows up with Eva.
Woah, dudes, Keanu dejavu.

I always felt that Lain had significant Christian undertones. NGE had pretty explicit Christian imagery, but its message wasn't Christian, whereas Lain didn't have much Christian imagery, but I found Lain to be a symbolic Christ figure.

Today I learnt OP is a faggot and objectively wrong.
Very educational.

Christianity was not a theme in nge. Even the director acknowledges he only used Christian imagery because he thought it looked cool and nothing else.

NGE is garbage and the people that fellate it are insufferable cunts who fell for the 2deep4u pretense.

>hates anime
>goes on Sup Forums

What did these redditors mean by this?

>Lain to be a symbolic Christ figure
If you conflate Christianity with monotheism, then sure. But the role of an omnipotent God isn't exclusive to Christianity and even if it was, that doesn't make it a 'western theme'.

It wasn't just that Lain was God. Lain was God manifested as man, and lived among people as a mortal. Eventually she sacrifices herself and becomes one with the Wired for the good of mankind. In the last episode right before she gives in and merges with the Wired she has a conversation with her father, who represents God, in which she states that her reason for doing this is that she loves everyone. This is also the Christian reason given for Christ's sacrifice, to save everyone out of unconditional, universal love.

Is that some based golden boy?

I absolutely loved this series to bits and had not taken this into consideration. Good read, thanks for the post user, you've given me a lot to think about.

I'll explain it to you OP but first prove that you understood the show.

protip: you can't

Fuck. That's true, hadn't seen that side of it.

I remember masturbating furiously and numerous times to the second chapter when the girl undresses.

you know it

wtf so Lain is about religious shit? Dropped this shit from 10/10 to 3/10 so quick..

AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND

>t. Never gave any anime a chance

Hey, I don't like anime either, I grew out of it as I got older, but I'd be stupid to say there is no good anime because I haven't watched all of it.
Ignorance is bliss I guess, Mr. Blue Pilled.

Wrong

It isn't.
You can twist it that way but doesn't mean that releigion had any actual relevance in the show.
And Christ didn't die because he loved everyone, either. At least not in the strict meaning.

PRESENT DAY

Is this the show with that fat dude that get bullied and the protagonist tries to help him just to find out lately that he became a baseball player as well (in his, or the opponents team, can't remember) and that is shown using like 10 bats at the same time while training?

>hasn't watched K-ON

>And Christ didn't die because he loved everyone, either. At least not in the strict meaning.

What makes you say that? The Gospel pretty explicitly states why Jesus was sent to die. John 3:16 is literally the most famous verse in the Bible. It's what the whole idea of Agape is built around, which is a very significant Christian theological tenet.

Lain is yawncore.

Theres a lot of good anime, but they all have different levels of accessibility.

NGE/Lain is imdb "top 10 anime of all time" tier.

Shit like Texhnolyze is "dude inaccesible kino lmao" tier

Then you have really good weeb shit Sup Forums would never discover like Shinsekai Yuri thats based on jap novels.

Theres plenty of good shit out thete, just gotta get ready to dig when your appetite calls

Don't mind me just one of the best anime ever made

no

>one of

>What makes you say that?
The fact that I'm Jesus and I hate all of you faggots.

K-ON! is unironically really good

PRESENT TIME

No

>moeshit
Fuck off

Why is this the only bad mobile poster?
Why is template posting not curb stomped?

jesus christ what a dickhead

H A H A H A

I've jerked off to it plenty of times but ive never seen the show.

>The Omega Point is a spiritual belief and a scientific speculation that everything in the universe is fated to spiral towards a final point of "divine" unification.[1] The term was coined by the French Jesuit priest Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881–1955).

>Instrumentality again

Can the nips come up with any original ideas?

This isn't Reddit retard. People can't easily come here and read/comment on a post days or weeks after it was made. This is a fast moving board with temporary discussions. Calm your fucking autism and stop crying about reposts. And no I'm not op you're just being a faggot.

Fuck off OP

Good one. I'm going to continue bumping this so you have to look at it all night sweetie

you haven't bumped it even once in the past 38 minutes you liar

Yet you did it yourself you fucking cuck HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

hurt me more

Texhnolyze is far superior.

You'll be happy to learn that the MC eventually becomes a girl later on.

*best manga

There will never be another anime on this level of kino

No he doesn't

HOLD ON YOU NIGGERS

Let's not devolve into a dumbass shitfest. I want a list of actual, don't pull my chain, stop pullin my chaaaiin, solid ADULT anime. No rules, just has to be well made enough that you respect it, with themes that are mature enough that we can watch it and learn something about our pathetic lives. I'll start, feel free to change it up (in no particular order)

-Cowboy Bebop
-Lain
-Angel's Egg
-GITS and spinoffs
-Jin Roh
-Darker Thank Black (IIRC)
-Akira?
-Ergo Proxy
-Patlabor 2?

Don't fail me Sup Forums

now fuck off

A shame you seemed an honest man tbqh

These are all terrible

So's your life.

so what

IM-FUCKING-PLYING

End it mayne.

why?

There is solace and peace in the cold but sweet embrace of death.

nice english fag