It's kino

Got home a few minutes ago. It's fantastic. Every negative review on RT calls the movie sexist and says it's derivative of The Matrix.

Go see it right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ntz1Nq5D2QE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

agreed brother

Hopefully this will be the movie that teaches Reddit to think for themselves.

Thing is that neither of you have ever thought about film on a different plane than surface level.

2017 the year professional critics opinions has less value than a pile of pig shit

You're a bit too short-sighted to be an expert on the surface level of anything.

I got back from it too. It's mediocre at best. Weak plot and development. Amazing visuals.

A lot of the story falls apart if you give it a second of scrutiny.

Why can't GITS get a good new movie?
This was a waste of 16 bucks, and I hate that haphazard shit they pulled, fucking Kuze-Puppetmaster fuckmess. It's just a pretty movie and nothing else.

although, that Batou was pretty spot on.

You're a retard who walks into a remake of a movie he's already seen and thinks that if it isn't identical, the changes must mean nothing.

I've seen the original. I own it. I've watched it many times. This movie is not as deep no but it makes the best of what it is.

it looks derivative of Total Recall(2012)

The mystery/intrigue on her origin angle to me is a very very boring place to take this story, so it just doesn't interest me.

In general it just looks like it's falling flat to me, but we all like different stuff.

The best thing they did was mix in from the other shows and movies. It worked out. all the bitching is uncalled for.

how can it be derivative of the matrix if the matrix is derivative of gits?

it was shit!!!

this is a meme right

Got home a few minutes ago. It's shit. No wonder Crunchyroll was giving away the tickets for free.

Stay home on hang yourself (or alternatively watch a good movie).

>FTFY

Your wrong, but TR2012 is pure shit.

Because the original GitS was actually original, but it doesn't matter because the Matrix wasn't derivative of GitS anyway.

so does GiTS(2017)

I just came from it it's better than Blade Runner. and I know BR came first. This is the Aliens of Cyberpunk.

Because critics are ignorant as fuck

Hello Pajeet!

Most of the negative reviews I saw on RT the other day said it didn't quite have as much meat to it as the anime.

That was pretty much my own opinion of the movie.

shill

Who here is never going to see this movie regardless of the reviews?

If it made the best of what it is, it would have actually tackled some of the philosophy proposed by the source material. It wouldn't be the bullshit cop drama that this shiny piece of shit was.

Does she rip her arms off trying to open the tank? If not, I'm not going.

I'll probably see it on Saturday

confirming this movie was absolutely fucking kino in imax 3D. i am really impressed and buying a second ticket

yes i saw the original

yeah, that military suit that the major wears in Meme is one of its better outfits aside from the trenchcoat thing it wears in Angel's Share, or whichever episode it is in 1st Gig wherein Aramaki and it are in the United Caliphate for an anti-terrorism conference, and afterwards Aramaki goes to give some old milf friend of his the D, but then a couple of representatives of the religion of peace storm the bank that she works at that he goes to see her at, and shout all all who awkward dindunuffinmuffin 'cause reese's break sit breaks it

her primary outfit in 1st is fucking retarded and seems really out of place overall

Got home a few minutes ago. It's terrible. Every negative review on RT are true.
Don't go see it .
>49% Operator Shill we are going down set course to Rupert Sanders dead career

>my poor taste makes it kino

Yeah, no.

Much better than the anti art piece of trash cartoon, but still a garbage movie

If you're going to shill at least pretend to have good taste

It's come full circle. better that Blade Runner and the Matrix.

>:(

>Yeah, no.
Ja, nej.

if this makes money how much dick will kanye suck to be main actor of akira

Any faggot saysomething that this ain't kino I'll fight you irl

Https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7qUNx5_UBbI

She does. I actually smiled when I saw her synthetic muscles get bigger just like in the chink cartoon

>RT

>that Batou was pretty spot on

fucking this, he pretty much saved the movie for me along with beat takeshi as Aramaki

I mean of course it doesn't. Nobody on this earth should've gone in expecting it to. But it does enough of its own original things and keeps the rest faithful, so what's it really matter?

Now this is shilling

*raises paw*

beat takeshi makes any movie better.

shill #1328719319

I may only see it sometime after it's streaming online on NF, or released on BD because of Batou and Gabriel, the latter of whom is unlikely in the film, or even referenced in it at all, but whatever, you can't always get what you want, right? Also, his Lancia Stratos is so awesome, it was my favourite car to use in Forza Motorsport.

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks this "sjws hate it so you should go see it!" routine is just a new type of shilling.

i also suspected that

I agree. I fucking loved Batou and how they made him so close to the anime version.

Also I loved how this film was so less action and so very dialogue driven.

>so less action
>very dialogue driven
Wait, what, really?

There's maybe three real Hollywood action scenes in the movie. A few short fistfights or maybe a shot or two fired throughout, but otherwise it's slow paced.

>Wait, what, really?
Yes there is hardly any action at all. What you think this is an action movie? No.

It is pretty much GitS apart from the deep philosophical dialogue.

Where is that pic from? I doubt its from the remastered version since I have watched that

what is GitS without the deep philosophical dialogue? I thought maybe there was a chance that the film would follow the original more closely than the trailers made it seem, in order to attract more normies to the theater. Is that the case? or has it actually been turned into Robocop?

You talk like an IA

How much time does it spend setting up a sequel that will never be released?

>You talk like an IA
I take that as a compliment

Movie has tons of references to the anime. Just go watch it

>How much time does it spend setting up a sequel that will never be released?
It doesn't. The ending is perfect as it ends as a standalone in case no sequel ever gets made.

I liked it OP but it did have flaws. It needed more world building, they thrust us into this world without much expansion and explanation. I mean we're fans so we know the world going in but to a normal viewer they are confused and say it's like robocop.

Good.

I'm so tired of failed franchises.

>I'm so tired of failed franchises.
Same. Just like Amazing Spiderman 2's ending with the beginning of a fight scene which cuts to black, hoping to show us more when another sequel is made but it never did and the story was never resolved (unless you watch the alternate ending where Peter meets his father).

>they thrust us into this world without much expansion and explanation.
Because you need to watch the anime first before seeing this to better understand the world

>I'ts fantastic.

I get it user, I'll stay away, thanks for a subtle warning.

>the big twist in the live action adaptation is that Major's ghost is actually a Japanese girl put inside the body of a white android woman.

Fucking DROPPED.

Are red surgical robes super unique? The face thing looks like a generic 'creepily look at someone whilst they try to ignore you' thing.

Go away tumblr. You have to go back.

Are you an SJW? That twist was perfect for this American adaption.

references to the anime? are you trying to sell me the fucking movie? I asked straightforward question, holy fuck you shills are disgusting.

>ye you'll love it it has all the references to ur favorite anime you dumb weeb just go see our movie!

LOL i was actually going to, but now i think I'll buy tickets to something non-disney and movie-hop to this. fuck you viral marketing faggot, you could not be any more obvious

Inquisition m8. Plus it's aesthetic.

I'm not tumblr. I'm fucking sick of idpol invading every aspect of our culture.

>WAAA YOU MENTIONED HOW MANY REFERENCES THIS MOVIE HAS TO ANIME
>I HOPE IT BOMBS NOW
Wow how autistic are you

This Asian guy was like the Japanese version of Suicide Squad Joker

did i say I hope it bombs? I asked you if it fucking follows the plot of the original and you, being the viral marketing faggot that you are, dodged my question and opted to answer with

>it has tons of references to the original user xD! just go see it!

I'm letting you know that your terrible viral marketing skills just cost the movie 2 ticket sales, its about YOU personally being a faggot, not whether or not the movie succeeds. get a real job you fucking lowlife faggot shill

sanders couldn't execute this scene or major talking to kuze in his hideout

SHILL THREAD
DO NOT REPLY
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SH1LL THR3AD
D0 N0T REPLY

It's whitewashing trash at it's worst. I didn't pay to go see a movie that doesn't cast asians in a role made for an asian actress!

user we all know you were never going to see it in the first place. Cost the movie 2 ticket sales. Fucking kek

Pic related, it's you.

wait there was a club scene like this in anime version or tv show?

no clue, just in the context of the film

you are a shilling faggot and you are fooling literally no one.

>no clue
... well there isn't user

You can probably print tickets from the hole in your butt, cant you?

Not even OP or the people posting about the film. Just wanted to go out of my way and say you are a colossal faggot and you should take off that greasy tin foil hat

same guy who doesnt like white woman in lead roles?

>no tachikomas
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Wow, you got a real Sup Forums picture there fellow 4channer ;)

Reply to your own falseflagging post is sad, senpai

there weren't any in the original movie

>no tachikomas
Do you like Arise? I hope you do :)

Fuck weebos who don't like it

Kinda sad they aren't in it

Kek someone is a tad bit buttblasted. Turns out I don't just lurk here, something you ain't ever going to experience.

STOP SAMEFAGGING THREADS YOU FUCKING SHILL

It's not a bad movie
It just isn't exactly like GiTS.

The movie can be both of these things at the same time, without being bad. I know it's a hard concept for people to grasp, but...

>An inert, insulting appropriation of what is one of the 20th century's most influential works of pop art.
>Do people even have selves? Are identities and souls just a bunch of clichés spun out by teams of screenwriters? If these questions interest you, do yourself a favor and watch the 1995 original movie.
>Ghost in the Shell is a movie that could have been a clean sweep, but the only elements that work are those that are directly taken from the 1995 and 2004 iterations, and even they are twisted into meaninglessness.

Just a few excerpts from top critic reviews. No SJW bullshit to be found. Get the fuck out you shill

>deep philosophical dialogue

Do ghost in the shell drones actually think that movie has this?

>Sooo deeep mannn!
>inb4 you just don gettit!

Fucking retards

why bother posting shit like this? as i said before it is blatantly obvious to anyone with half a brain that you are a fucking shill. You're not fooling anybody faggot.

Better than the overhyped pseudo philosophical pseudo intellectual garbage who was the first Matrix is not that hard desu.
"UUUUUUUUUUUH! IMMA QUOTE ALICE IN WONDERLAND!!!! IMMA SMART MOVIE!!! UGGAH UGGAH ARRRIBAAAA!"
It has a reason why every dumb idiot I know loves this movie, it's not smarter than Transformers 4, it's a fucking dumb movie who pretend to be smart for throwing references and philosophy quotes without any real context in the room. Actually, BvS was exactly the movie Matrix was, unless BvS at least just works with picture symbolism instead of direct said things so that even the most retarded idiot understands what they meant.

>tfw BvS is a smarter movie than the Matrix

Yeah because shills can call you a fucking faggot that sucks scum out of their mother's warm frothy clunge while thinking "Damn, Major's english dub was so fucking bad in the original film. Still wish she would BRAAP me"

Armond? is that you?

It's pretty shitty, but has excellent visuals.

youtu.be/Ntz1Nq5D2QE

dude nice you dropped a BRAAP! that's a real Sup Forums meme! fuck I'm convinced you are actually just a normal 4channer just like myself!