When did you realize the average movie watcher is a complete brainlet that is unable to process the actual substance of...

When did you realize the average movie watcher is a complete brainlet that is unable to process the actual substance of a movie?

>if we kill him we're no better than them

The average movie goer thought it was fine. It was the critics shitting their pants all over the place. It's their fault.

>liking capeshit.

Sagegoesinallfeilds

You weren't even on Sup Forums during The Dark Knight days, outsider.

Wow Disney really does pay off Rotten Tomatoes

It's funny cause I can't remember shit about Civil War but I still have most of the scenes from BvS in my head

Modern movie audiences are just so bought into the corporate crap that they want the safe, producer-infused shit Marvel poops out more. I enjoy Marvel movies and think they are nice flicks, but BvS is much less of a predictable fart

>When was it decided superhero movies shouldn't be any fun?
The people who review our films, folks.

Subversive, political and socially aware art gets panned.

Corporate, safe, meaningless flick gets praised.

Art is dead.

>[Civil War] blasting a decidedly non-cartoonish plot and the courage to explore thought-provoking themes
Are we still pretending that online movie reviewers aren't just an extension of Disney PR? That shit is straight up false advertisement. Especially when a film that actually does that gets panned.

>we can solve the worlds problems by punching people
>thought-provoking themes

Pretty much sums it up

>6/10 rating
>"I rather liked BVS"
>its rotten

>Modern movie audiences are just so bought into the corporate crap
Yeah, not at all like the paragons of indie virtue and anti-consumerism, Warner Brothers and DC. Are you idiots really THIS delusional?

John Beifuss is our guy right there. Fucking Leonard pleb piece of shit.

BvS was the creation of people, who had a shared vision and created that.

Civil War was the creation of endless focus-tests and reshoots and also a last-minute cameo by Spidey because hey why the fuck not

One is an actual film, written by an actual writer, directed by an actual director and acted by actual actors. The other isn't. It's just a corporate mess of shit.

DC has product placement and other traditional things, but Marvel puts out stuff that's obviously from an executive boardroom and not a passionate writer

Except BvS is clearly created out of a spark of creativity, a vision, an idea.

Civil War is anything but that.

>also a last-minute cameo by Spidey
This would sound a lot better if it wasn't for the Flash and Wonder Woman

Except they didn't reshoot the film because of them and were obviously part of the script from start.

Where the fuck is my Dredd sequel, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>the average movie watcher is a complete brainlet that is unable to process the actual substance of a movie

You were saying?

Great, they planned ahead on hocking their action figure toy line.

When I talk to people about Passion of The Christ.

One of them didn't have an army of butthurt Marvel fanboys downvoting it though. Look at the IMDB score of MCU movies. Higher than Andrei Rublev.

You tried.

>IMDB scores
>Avengers score: 8.1
huh, really makes ya think

Snyder is cinema's death, whoever denies it should not have the right to talk about movies and shit

Cinema has been dead since Star Wars.

probably, still Snyder isn't helping in rebuilding its dignity

You're right. Kevin Feige is.

a lot of criticism of BvS comes from DC fans

>Batman shouldn't kill
>Superman shouldn't kill
>combining Death of Superman with Dark Knight Returns (two of the most famous and loved DC comic stories) and bungling both storylines

No it's not. Does "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" sound like a title a fucking artist would come up with?

Yeah I'm sure it's DC fans spending 12 hours of their waking time sperging out in BvS threads and not the Pakistani shills at all...

Yes.

Jesus christ, not a single one of those reviews try to be objective, like at ALL

it's either literally company wars or just "it was too dark" which basically amounted to the company war opinion.

No wonder BvS got bad reviews all over the place, these reviews are real garbage. Is there any website that actually only allows objective and good critics to review movies who go into details about the movie on its own?

These people have a double standard at its finest. They like marvel movies, which are the manifestation of mediocrity when it comes to film making but hate on everything DC is involved in. Pathetic, like 80% of this board who usually use shitposting as an argument

Armond White's review is the only one that actually sought to understand the film past company wars.

In the NYT review, the writer went on a huge sperg about how BvS is a display of power and isn't fun at all. Basically they want films to treat them like children who hold them and whisper into their ears and say "everything is fine with the world, close your eyes and carry on".

Minus the quips/jokes in the airport scene these two movies are actually really similar in tone and plot. Even the color grading is a similar muted tone.
Yet one gets called the greatest CBM of all time and the other the worst.

Really activates my almonds

the only good reviews are by older men
there isn't necessarily any consistency in how they value the movie, but they actually address the surrealist/fantasy/le symbolism/themes meat and potatoes stuff etc you know, the actual movie

richard brody was a fucking find for me though

BvS is like when your little brother puts on a play after they saw some shamadingdong movie but they like batman so you get this hammy dark hilarious video game abortion.

It's post-modern

I love the part where they stop the movie for five minutes to watch some Youtube clips featuring characters from upcoming films. That's a way better method of introducing characters than having them show up, interact with others, and affect the story in any way. Only a true kinographer could come up with such a brilliant idea.

>literally not an introduction to the characters

Makes for a perfect tease. Both Wonder Woman and Flash are related to the story in BvS. And they managed to make the film focused on Batman and Superman while also hinting at Justice League.

Beats last-minute reshoots in front a green screen any day of the week.

It's a happy meal kids toy

If it's so good then why didn't the Martha scene happen on a live stream shot on a cell phone?
You just memed yourself into a paradox DChild

>96% based off of 27 reviews
>8.4 IMBD based off of 25,000 ratings, as opposed to the Avengers million plus
This is definitely a widely seen film that the average movie watcher has seen.

xD

You got me there Evansposter ;)

brainlets like you exeggerate that simple shit substance it has, as if it was so deep.
not dcfags acknoledged it and moved on from this shit old movie

Learn to spell before posting on Sup Forums, Pakistani.