Nocturnal Animals Car Scene

One of the most tense fucking scenes I've ever seen holy shit, really great job by Tom Ford tbqh

What the fuck should you actually do in this scenario? What's the best possible course of action? Seems like there's really nothing that could be done

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W_AoiGVVjrY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I kept going back and forth on if they would actually do something or not

was that the intended effect or do i have autism?
i mean sure they ran them off the road but after that he just seemed kinda drugged out and actually willing to help fix their car

I would go completely apeshit and probably get my family killed.

Easily one of the most tense scenes I've seen in recent years. You knew it was coming, yet I couldn't help but be shocked and feel sick the entire time. When they drove off and all you heard was silence while Jake seeing the faces of his wife and kid..damn man, it was gut wrenching

Realistically you just don't pull over, also tires don't go flat from someone side swiping you. But in the movie's scenario you're basically fucked and your hot redhead wife and daughter are going to be raped. Nothing you can do about it really.

>One of the most tense fucking scenes I've ever seen holy shit, really great job by Tom Ford tbqh
Watch more movies. This is literally ripping off a number of Sam Peckinpah or Paul Schrader movies.

I think the only thing to do in this scenario when it doesnt look like its going to swell is to pull down pants and shit on the road

I think once you realize they're about to force your wife and daughter into the car you just try to grab a nearby object and start hitting them as much as you can, they didn't seem like they had all their wits about them anyway

Main thing I'd be afraid of in that scenario is that they know they're in Texas so one of them could easily have a gun

Didn't they basically ram them off the road though

Short of chimping out on three grown men, which doesn't have good odds and requires a certain type of person, it was pretty hopeless. I was hoping to Christ he'd just sack up and cave one guys face in and spook the others off or something but it wasn't gonna happen.

I couldn't tell until Aaron Taylor-Johnson confessed at the very end if it was all legit or not. The cop seemed like a lunatic with his own agenda, there was no real proof besides his word that they did it, they all kept proclaiming innocence without bothering to hide anything else, the whole situation just seemed so suspect.

so am i autistic or not?

No, that's the definition of tension, you don't know what will happen next

No, I think the uncertainty is what makes it so effective.

Yeah I was going back and forth on the whole thing being hallucinated by Jake Gyllenhaal's character in the novel and I'm kind of glad it wasn't that to be honest, would've been weaker if they went that route

All the criminals being super nervous and saying they were innocent over and over made me wonder that as well

Oh fuck off. Sam Peckinpah is a hack. Throwing around names doesn't impress anyone. This is a great scene

>Sam Peckinpah

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I discovered that this user has emigrated here in the past six months, from Reddit.

my god this scene had me on the edge of my seat for the entire length.

I showed the movie to some friends and even knowing how it played out, it had the same stunning effect on me.

>Sam Peckinpah is a hack.
How is he a hack, kid?

they ran him off the fucking road, of course something was going to happen.

Sup Forums is dumb as fuck, if a serial killer broke into your house and you saw him standing over you, would you wait and see what happens?

>other movies BTFO
>how can they even compete?

How often does things like that happen in Texas?

You should not drive a shitty unreliable meme car into the middle of nowhere desert with your wife and daughter without being armed.
>fiction inside fiction inside fiction
It was a shit flick.

How do you know he is a serial killer?

Agreed and it's very telling that this scene is literally the only thing people remember about it.

he's wearing a MAGA hat xD

This movie has made me think about getting a gun to put in the glove compartment desu senpai

I liked the movie generally, there were things I thought detracted from it but overall I thought it was good

only numale faggots found this scene tense. It was generic and predictable with an annoyingly written character who acted like a retarded bitch in order to lazily emasculate him. That movie was pure garbage with some of the day scenes being decent at best.

SLOW MOTION DANCING FAT LADY INTROSPECTIVE ART

RE
VEN
GE

>LOL visual irony
>ART

this

michael shannon gave a good performance though like always

Amy Adams is shit and would be better off reading bed time stories so I could fall asleep to her boring voice while not looking at her ugly face.

>That movie was pure garbage
Spoken like a true pleb.

So sorry I didn't use the dime store novel title of this flick. Faggot.

RE
E
E

Also, might get flak for quoting Cinemasins but
>all bad guys are rapists cliche
Get a gun anyways but most improved don't be a liberal numale douche bag and drive into the night in the desert without having a back up plan. Stick to a busy motorway. Don't attract attention. Beat your daughter more so she doesn't act like an entitled cunt and cause trouble.

Your best weapon is the one between your ears. Tom Ford is a hack.

Tom Ford is the choice of closeted faggots everywhere.

1v3 and my family is in danger, I probably pick the strongest dude, go ape-shit on him and hope for the best.

The only other plan would to try to get clipped by the cop car, so he has to stop. Maybe you don't die, maybe you do but you save your wife and child.

I was freaking out during it kinda its bs this didn't get nominated for best picture
You'd need a gun or something
but fuck
butt fuck
that's a scary situation
just how its filmed, with you knowing whats going to happen, its like watching a disaster film with a tsunami wave going slow motion, like how the hell do you stop it, survive, let alone, save your fucking family

The thing I probably disliked the most about this movie was the weird noir-ish feel Tom Ford kept going for in the real world version of things (though oddly it was in some scenes and not others, like the scenes with Amy Adams in her artsy lifestyle were slathered in it and then the flashback scenes with her and Jake Gyllenhaal didn't have anything like that at all), felt more suited to a mystery than the type of movie this was. Like there's this scene where she's in an art gallery she presumably owns or is an employee at and the tone is so different and weird from the rest of the movie, and not weird in a surreal yet flows well sort of way, just weird and surreal in a way that doesn't match up with everything else.

Overall the real life portions were probably the weakest part of the movie in general, the novel was the strongest partially because it was more consistent tonally and partially because of Michael Shannon.

You can throw something at the cop car as well

This scene was tense?
It's like you've watched maybe 50 films in your lives

You are autistic for needing others to proclaim your autism. Your reaction to the scene was quite normal tho

>it was more consistent tonally and partially because of Michael Shannon.
and it was still a Peckinpah/Paul Schrader ripoff.

He's American, why didn't he have a gun in his car? If I was a yank I'd never go on a fucking road trip across such a large country without a weapon.

you mean shit on your wife and daughter, so they would get grossed out and leave you alone

The girl deserved to be raped though. Dumb little disrespectful shit.

>only numale faggots found this scene tense.
This.
the scene wasn't tense, he got cucked immediately and it was apparent he had no control of the outcome from the way he spoke.
when you see savages you have to become savage. he failed miserably.
and he was the one saying earlier in that scene how much he liked "muh Texas"

I couldn't even watch the opening scene of this film I completely skipped it, realising I can watch ISIS beheading and gore but I can watch fat pieces of shit

>tfw the based chink WEB-DL copy cut that part out
based gooks

just dont stop your car and you'll be fine, him stopping his car was where he fucked up, you have nothing to gain from stopping in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of random people

was there a raep scene?

nope off screen

>uber faggot designer makes better movies than actual directors

Both of his movies are solid 8/10. Damm.

In one of the Death Wish movies the teen girl gets her breast sucked on. That was kind of hot.

His mistake was hitting the car. He was being road bullied and should've known to keep his distance.

I wonder if she did any other movies.

This is what some people do for fun. They bully people and watch their reactions and pretend that the victim is unreasonable. I grew up in that kind of environment and it is hell when somebody decides to pick on you. Here is an example

>you know my sister?
>yeah
>is she hot? would you like to fuck her?
>no,man
>what,you calling my sister ugly?
>no,I mean...
>so what,you wanna fuck her now,you pervert?

Then the gang would "egg" the bully into attacking.

The bully (in this case Aaron Taylor character) wants to torture somebody so he tries to find the reasons to escalate. Here is a perfect fictional example

youtube.com/watch?v=W_AoiGVVjrY

Tony wants to prove he is the baddest guy there so he beats up a guy over a made up thing.

Realistically I'm 200lb of lean muscle (lifting since 2007 + kickboxing in HS) so I would fuck up these dyel rednecks especially if my family was in danger.

Shame you weren't in the cockpit of one of those 9/11 planes,you could have prevented a tragedy

so why didn't he show up at the dinner in the end?

Those guys had guns.

>SLOW MOTION DANCING FAT LADY INTROSPECTIVE ART
In case you didn't notice that introspective art was created by the protagonist who wasn't exactly meant to be cheered on by the audience.

petty revenge in contrast with his novel's kind of revenge.

>shoot closest one in the face
>watch others reactions
>shoot them in the back like a coward
>go to police and inform them I just took a couple of criminals out
>rape my wife

Literally every father's nightmare.

When Michael Shannon is like '... so they didnt have a gun...', that judgement hits so fucking close to home.

do a 360 and walk away

The daughter her reminded me of my sister

>she and my brother are driving to the beach
>some beach bum appears in front of them out of nowhere so she has to brake
>she starts honking and shows him the finger
>the guy gets angry and goes to open the doors (they were locked)
>the light turns green and they escape

Women like to start shit without a backup plan and that's why I don't go with her to places because she starts shit and gets me in trouble.

did they fug?

Yes and a black guy joined in while saying "how can whites even compete?" and then she farted.

you ruined it

whats so cliche about it?

I think it's far more cliche to have a bad guy who is somehow above things like that but also perfectly fine with killing as if it's somehow more justifiable

> americucks dying
> tragedy
heh

>dyel rednecks
aaron has a great bod no homo