Should women be allowed to play in major league or even minor league professional baseball?

What are the pros and cons of doing so?

/mlb/

Pretty sure they can, legally. There isn't anything prohibiting them.

Besides the part where they absolutely could not compete.

They would not meet the standards of the league or teams they try for but then you will have an owner be like "muh diversity and women revolution" and then cut her two seasons later

exactly, every major sport in the USA women are allowed to compete.

What do you mean by "should"? They aren't banned from playing. Do you really not understand why there are no women playing in professional or minor league baseball?

How about “muh rings”?

i was having this discussion with my wife and one of her friends a couple weeks ago and they were so pissed at me when i told them no woman will ever be strong/fast/quick enough to compete in a top tier professional league, like basic biological fact is sexist.

While technically they may be allowed to compete, the barriers to entry are prohibitively high given skills required. One would either have to change the rules to create a special position for women or expand the definition of what constitutes a “woman” for baseball. In other words, not bloody likely.

pros:
>ass
>tiddies
>uniforms
>record breaking stats
cons:
>the girls won't look like OP pic, more like pic related
>the stats being broken will be for lowest batting averages and errors

fun fact: venus and serena williams claimed they could both beat any male tennis player outside the top 200 ranked players. The 203rd ranked man challenged both of them. He won both games easily.

yep. and women's national soccer teams have been btfo by high school boys more than once. but it's MY fault i accept sexual dimorphism as a real thing.

Eh why not? As long they make their own women league there is no problem. Unless they want to play in man's league.

sure, when women are capable of putting up higher scores against men in sports other than golf I'll be glad to watch

>sure, when women are capable of putting up higher scores against men in sports other than golf I'll be glad to watch
Wouldn’t it be lower scores in golf?

They should play handegg. I don’t like handegg.

Legends Football League

Baseball requires high iq and plenty of testosterone, women can't get that legally. They just plain won't be good enough

>Venus and Serena Williams had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked outside the world's top 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centered around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager". The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park, after Braasch had finished a round of golf and two shandies. He first took on Serena and after leading 5–0, beat her 6–1. Venus then walked on court and again Braasch was victorious, this time winning 6–2. Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance". He added that he had played like someone ranked 600th in order to keep the game "fun". Braasch said the big difference was that men can chase down shots much easier, and that men put spin on the ball that the women can't handle. The Williams sisters adjusted their claim to beating men outside the top 350.

>thatsthejoke.jpg
also, great line. totally stealing it.

Pros: ???
Cons: rules of the game will have to change to accomodate them

The could allow players like those that used to compose the East German Olympic weightlifting teams during the Cold War.

>Men and women are better at different things.
What are women better at besides complaining again?

>What are women better at besides complaining again?
Giving birth.

Giving birth, playing with kids

>Giving birth.
Where they have a male doctor stand by and make sure the baby and woman doesn't die? Good job, ladies. Can't even get through that without us.

a lot of women eventually grow resentful of their kids because they have to spend so much time with them. they'd rather play with their phones. they're so passive aggressive.

Any social skill

>gives zero examples

Based

>Pitch was an American drama television series that aired on Fox from September 22 to December 8, 2016. The series was commissioned on May 10, 2016.

>Plot

>The series, set in the confines of Major League Baseball, sets its focus on a young pitcher noted for her screwball pitch who becomes the first woman to play in the Major Leagues, when she is chosen to play for the San Diego Padres.

>On May 1, 2017, the series was canceled after one season.

There was a TV show that explored this idea a few years ago. I believe the premise was that she was a junk baller. This makes sense and would probably be the only position and way a woman could hold that position in the mlb, because a woman can't have enough heat on any other pitches to make them viable at the major league level. Knucklers are so rare though. R.A. Dickey on the jays is the only starting rotation pitcher I can even think of who throws a knuckle ball. And if a knuckle ball was your only pitch like it would be for a woman then your usefulness would probably be limited to only throwing to a single batter or 1 inning a game. That said, if the knuckler is exceptional I don't see why a woman couldn't throw it at the pro level.

See the post right above yours.