>Flick comes out
>It's shit
>Nobody in the West likes it
>It's still a financial success thanks to China

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YhCHw0Ovqf4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you don't like how the system works, move to china.

S-so this is the power of ``conscious consumption"

>flick comes out
>I don' care to watch it
>West doesn't like apparently
>Still don't care
>It's a financial success thanks to China
>I would never hear about that if Sup Forums didn't whine about/celebrate that, but still don't care
>sequel comes out because it was a financial success
>No fucks given still

It's allowed as long as I don't say otherwise, but idc to do so.

Prob because chinks have consumerist mentality and eat capeshit up.

>Flick comes out
>It's shit
>Nobody in the East likes it
>It's still a financial success thanks to America

Why is this allowed?

Did it fail? I thought it was really good.

why do people give this movie's goofy-ass wire work a pass?

That's why:

youtube.com/watch?v=YhCHw0Ovqf4

The real issue is the acting.

Chink critics ripped it apart and claimed that stupid burgers can't tell the difference between good and bad acting if it's happening in another language. They're right.

So if CTHD is so bad, what's a similar Chinese movie that's actually "good"?

They only get a certain number of Western films every year.

>Cowboy Bebop
>Trigun
>Umaru
>Big O
>Nichijou

Japs have fucking awful taste

It's global capitalism. The wealthy probably identify more with the wealthy of other countries than the working class of their own country.

Is the Fast and Furryious movies the only cancer both universally adored by the Chinks and West?

The Chinese cinema market is incredibly new so they don't have a large variety of movies to watch over there. Not to mention, there are not a lot of cinephiles over there with experience watching good movies and bad movies. I'll take a long time before the Chinese consumer matures enough to differentiate bad films from good ones.

very little wire work in this scene. The bamboo and rooftop hopping looks so fucking dumb but scenes like this are great. Good choreography, great camera work, great editing. Parts like this are fine.

Welcome to capitalism.

kinda this
the chink suck dick at making big block action movies, they only had experience in drama and social commentary.
that's why their audience ate garbage like transformer, fast and furious...
we just need to wait until their movie makers figure out the right receipt

Bitch, what do you have against capitalism? Especially when it's supported by communists. They ought to lock up your sorry ass up in jail for treason.

this isn't very good

Compared to what?

wouldn't you like to know

2017 flicks like Resident Evil: The Final Chapter and xXx: Return of Xander Cage

Wow China

so you're talking out of your ass then

Their eyes can't shoot lasers.

>what is a fantasy kungfu

its a good movie, but no trope asia hasnt seen lots of before back in the heyday of hongkong kingfu flicks

another side issue for chinese viewers was that you essentially had 3 chinese speakers with quite distinct accents on the show (i guess 4 if you add jan's lover, Lo). Zhang Zhiyi had a beijing accent, Fatt a hongkong one, Michelle a very strong malaysian tone and for guy playing Lo he was obviously taiwanese

its not a bad movie. Im chinese and I think its very nicely done. But you can check out movies like The Bride with White Hair, A Chinese Ghost Story, Swordsman II

Xander Cage had Kris Wu and Donnie Yen in it. Why wouldnt it not do well in China? It was made specifically to do well in China.

And for Resident Evil, Milla is a well-known asian-o-phile having previously dated East Asian guys. I guess Asian men want to see her in action ...

bride (1993)
swordsman (1992)
ghost (1987)

>Milla is a well-known asian-o-phile having previously dated East Asian guys.

Same Asian guy as above, Milla at at some premiere together

>I'll take a long time before the Chinese consumer matures enough to differentiate bad films from good ones.

The average consumer will always be retarded. If that explains China, how do you explain the west?

because transformers and fast & furious didnt make tons of $$$ in the US or the west also?

RICED

Because the opinion of USA and Europe doesn't matter anymore. You guys are sinking into irrelevancy

You mean it's barely a success in China because the Chinese government takes 3/4ths of any profit it made.

as if pathetic Americuck entertainment is any good made by mongrel subhuman