Why are these movies so popular in China?

Why are these movies so popular in China?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9the6PLLuVc
artstation.com/artwork/lLWNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Most of the people seeing these films are the first generation in China to ever be able to see films in a theater. Naturally they're "wowed" by the visuals and think that's what good movies are supposed to be.

It's just a matter of expectations. We've had movies in the west for a century, so we aren't as easily impressed.

This, and they're also easy movies to understand if you don't speak English all that well.

But the movies are popular in the west too

Then why did OP ask specifically about China? Shouldn't it have been phrased like "why are these movies so popular?"

sorry... I'll make a better thread next time...

I feel like such a faggot.

because they like use and throw shit

It reminds them of the sweatshop toys they used to make. Now they've come to life.

Chinks have no soul that's why

Ironic racism is just racism

Honestly, Transformers is still better than Marvelshit. Atleast it's fun seeing Optimus wreck shit.

I don't think they were being ironic at all.

>Honestly, Transformers is still better than Marvelshit.
No, they're not better than anything. These movies turned your brain into mush.

No, it really isn't.
It's just boring and generic.

The constant clinging and clanging sounds like their native tongue.

Ironic tripfags are still fags

They're /m/aggots. Pacific Rim also sold like hotcakes there.

They also adore Iron Man. Japs too. So much so that Marvel makes special posters for Avengers and Civil War that give Iron Man a focus.

The fight between Optimus and Megatron in the forest in TF2 is still more entertaining than anything in the MCU. And Bay teases some hot teen on camera all the time whereas in Marvel we're stuck with piggy ScarJew. Transformers is the lesser evil. And we in the west shouldn't whine about their tastes when we gave Marvel a billion for making Civil War.

Chinks love robits

>The fight between Optimus and Megatron in the forest in TF2 is still more entertaining than anything in the MCU.
No, it's not. It's mindless and retarded.

Stop trying to hide behind bullshit excuses like "b-b-b-but capeshit is even worse! :(".

I honestly agree, transformers have those "damn that was fucking nice" scenes, you know those really satisfying scenes to see. Marvelshit has none of that.

>why is giant robots blowing shit up popular in insert Asian country here
Because they're fucking asian? Newsflash: liking robots is not just a Japanese thing.

All Asians relate to soulless automatons causing mass destruction.

Chinks love stuff exploding. That's why they invented fireworks & blackpowder.

You sound chinese. Did you make my iphone?

EXPROSHION!

It's a spectacle. It's blockbuster cinema. Yes I will most definitely point out the hypocrisy of shitting on Chinese taste when westerners gave Disney a billion for a CGI airport fight that was rendered on a PS2. Michael Bay is way more talented than anyone doing Marvelshit.

transformers has better music btw

>transformers have those "damn that was fucking nice" scenes
But you can't tell what's going on most of the time, it just look like trash piles crashing against each other. I think you honestly like this bullshit.

>Michael Bay is way more talented than anyone doing Marvelshit.
Again.
Not. Fucking. Relevant.

Nobody but you is talking about some comic shit.

China wasn't allowed to watch American movies until recently. So these big dumb blockbusters that have been around for decades in America have become trite and cliche, but in China they're fresh and new.

They really aren't that popular. The only one that did well over there was AoE.

>This, and they're also easy movies to understand if you don't speak English all that well.
Do you seriously think they aren't dubbed in China?

Of course it's fucking relevant when half the posters ITT are shitting on chinks for wanting to see Transformers when westerners themselves are gaving Marvel billions for way shittier movies. It's called hypocricy and double standards.

you're just dumb lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=9the6PLLuVc

hearty kek

>transformers fan trying to call anyone else dumb
Have we reached the peak of post-irony?

You sound like one of those anal retentive zack snyder fangirls that spam "capekino" threads every day. It's hard to discuss how trashy these movies are when we host the target audience right here.

I wonder if Power Rangers and Ghost in the Shell will be profitable in China.

Age of Extinction even had an entire subplot about American industries relocating to China to make cheap knockoffs

>flying into buildings full of people

ROBOT OF MURDER

>half the posters ITT are shitting on chinks for wanting to see Transformers
To be fair Chinks and Japs also want to see Marvel movies. See

What does any of this have to do with marvel? I think you're a bit obsessed here, m8.

you keep bringing up new shit points when you get disproved rofl

I am not a fan of transformers ,havent even seen the 2 newest transformers and I was like 14 when I saw the first one which is prolly why i enojoyed it.

>marvel shill

I wasn't that user, just saying that Chinamen also like them.

I have no problem with Marvel or DC or Transformers. I watch all of this shit.

>you keep bringing up new shit points
Those fights look like a shaky-cam nightmare of a junkyard fighting itself. You're here honestly defending the transformers movies, lad, let that sink in for an hour.

>I wasn't that user
What did she mean by this?

you're defending marvel movies, which is even more hilarious, bet you are balding and wear a captian america tshirt

>you're defending marvel movies
The thread has nothing to do with marvel, we're discussing the transformers. What happened to you, man? You used to be not so crazy.

Why do you get so defensive when Marvel gets called out as the trash it is?

Soulless movies for soulless creatures

I'm trying to stay on topic. Why even bring up a different series? That doesn't make these shitty movies any better. You sure are apprehensive about your capeshit.

>giant robots

gee i wonder why

Marvelshit is also popular in China. But not as much as Transformers.

Robots are the purest form of life.

The vast majority of Chinese moviegoers are illiterate peasants and to them CGI is basically witchcraft. And there's a billion of them so even if they hardly pay anything to see it, they make up for it in volume.

Americans should not criticize anyone on taste in movies.

EYE Divine Cybermancy?

I think it's more a case of DC movies not being marketed in China for some reason. I think suicide squad wasn't allowed there for all the factory suicides or something.

No just some OC artstation.com/artwork/lLWNo

Seems GitS inspired.

I live in detriot. I went to the opening night of one of the first transformerm movies, cant remember which. ANYWAYS there was a big fat black girl in front of me who spent at least 30 minutes talking about how she wanted to suck optimus primes dick and how she would be his slut. I think its a series kept alive by black people.

Eye would be so deliciously difficult to adapt

Would work as a Nolan-tier clusterfuck headed by a random drugged up French guy writing the dialogue.

>I think its a series kept alive by black people.
Then you're a delusional retard.

>big fat black girl in front of me who spent at least 30 minutes talking about how she wanted to suck optimus primes dick and how she would be his slut.
Sounds like /m/