Why are there so few people of color in this sport? Is the NHL racist?

Why are there so few people of color in this sport? Is the NHL racist?

Shut your little dick up and drink your soymilk. Also this is not buzzfeed

It's a result of 4 things.

1. The vast majority of American blacks live below the Mason-Dixon Line, meaning that they live somewhere were at most, there is snow about 30 days in a year and the concept of "winter sports" does not exist.

2. The majority of black Americans are lower class. You can't afford hockey gear in America when you're lower class

3. The foreign countries where hockey gets its talent (Canada, Russia, Sweden) are overwhelmingly white

4. A self-fulfilling prophecy. Hockey is a "white" sport, so black people with money never even try to play it, and therefore hockey remains white. This is the same reason that basketball remains a "black" sport even though whites are taller than blacks, and baseball remains a "white/latino" sport even though black people's natural advantage in bursts of speed would be incredibly valuable in baseball.

It's also the reason why baseball's most talented black players have names like Guerrero, Sosa, Rodriguez, Cabrera, etc. . The cultural stereotypes surrounding sports have a massive impact on what sports children choose to pursue and ultimately become good at.

get your insightful, intelligent posts out of here, einstein.

>it's an amerimutt thinks latinos are black thread

>it's a guy so embarrassed of his country he has to use a proxy failing at basic reading comprehension thread

i don't understand how anyone is still playing. all the hockey rinks near my hometown have disappeared and become warehouses. there's no interest.

Guerrero, Sosa, Rodriguez, and Cabrera's achievements are what Latinos usually hold as their success, not at all niggers. Also
>a leaf goes out to defend his fellow mutt
Pottery.

Where's your hometown?

I hope you're just pretending to be this stupid.

nice try leaf, i'm not going to let you rape me.

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaase?

Do you seriously think these players are black? Do black people utilize these players as part as baseball's black achievements? What can I expect from a leaf whose knowledge on race comes directly from Sup Forums?

>Canada
>overwhelmingly white

You can literally spend the whole day in downtown Toronto and only see 5 white people unless you’re in the financial/business district.

I didn't say latinos are all black. But so most of the best black baseball players of the past few decades, like Clemente, Ortiz, Chapman, Pedro Martinez, El Duque, Soriano, Sabathia, Castro, and so many more, are latinos.

That isn't true at all. We view black latinos the same as black gringos. David Ortiz and Jimmy Rollins are the same racially in our eyes, they just speak a different language.

I you don't think Guerrero and Ortiz are black then you have never even looked at a photo of their faces.

who is this "we" you speak of?

In baseball's historical lexicon, these players aren't at all accounted for black achievements, not at all Latinos. We don't even think fuck about guys like Bonds, Griffey, Thomas, Hunter, Larkin, Rollins, etc. when it comes to Latino achievement in baseball.
>That isn't true at all. We view black latinos the same as black gringos. David Ortiz and Jimmy Rollins are the same racially in our eyes, they just speak a different language.
>Ortiz
>Gringo
>LARPing this hard
You're embarrassing, man.

>not at all Latinos
Only Latino achivements*

>Toronto
>Canada
Ummmm no sweetie

>muh face XD
Irrelevant when we're talking about baseball in the historical and cultural lexicon.

I didn't say Ortiz is a gringo. How is your reading comprehension this bad? Are you from the South?

oh, a racist. explain a lot.

What the hell are you talking about?

Why aren’t the that many white people or Indians or Asians in basketball? Because niggers had genes from there ancestors who ran after antelopes passed down to them

Maybe a mongrelized mutt like you sees everyone aforementioned as one race but in countries like Cuba, DR, PR, Venezuela and the diaspora etc. it's all about ethnicity and sometimes consolidated into the Latin American realm for achievement, but in the end, most of these guys pull for their country above all.

>Are you from the South?
ex-Venezuelan immigrated to Florida now in college in Georgia right now. Northern moral relativist multiculturalist all-inclusive education is a meme.

Everything you typed is absolute bullshit except for the part about them pulling for country above all else.

Oh, so you're not a native English speaker. My apologies, you have a real excuse for being so awful at understanding the English language. I was born here, but my family is Cuban, so I can sympathize. My grandparents often experience the same difficulties you do.

You used a bigoted stereotype as a personal attack. You are a racist.

That's not a bigoted stereotype. The South as a group has an atrocious school system, southern states rank dead last in the OECD while northeastern states rank in the top 5.

Yeah blame the blacks and their test scores for your bigotry. Fucking scumbag.

yes, now fuck off

that's fucking ridiculous.