Star Trek: VOY

Just finished watching through VOY last night, and I'm still upset about the Seven/Chakotay pairing. Completely, 100% out of nowhere in one late episode, then put aside for six episodes, and randomly brought back at the very end. All that might have been OK anyway if only they hadn't had the EMH literally get down on his knees and tell Seven that he loved her in the second-to-last episode and been teasing a Janeway/Chakotay coupling the entire freaking series, or even if they'd acknowledged these things and given them some proper resolution. But no, we're just stopped to accept that they got together for no reason and everybody was happy about it

It's just a prank, bro.

It's best to pretend the last season of Voyager doesn't exist.

>being surprised about a show full of bad writing having an arc that is badly written

voyager is absolute dogshit, literally the only redeeming parts about it are the brilliant doctor and seven being eye candy, the captain is shit, the crew are shit (maybe aside from tuvok), all the alien races they find are shit, the side characters are AWFUL - neelix in particular, the worst episodes in voyager are some of the worst episodes ive ever seen in a tv show like that ep where tom and janeway turn into fucking lizards and have babies...

even the two parter episodes in voyager - two parters being historically some of the greatest episodes/arcs in the star trek shows - are complete shit and what they did with the borg is unforgiveable

deep space nine and tng are so far above voyager and enterprise that it is astounding, and from what i have heard and seen from the new series, that isnt going to be changing anytime soon and that really, really sucks, i love star trek

This is 100% true, and yet I still love the show.

What's wrong with me?

to be fair whenever it was randomly airing on tv i would watch it but that is simply because i love star trek as a whole, i imagine its the same with you

the real difference being i would never, ever rewatch voyager whereas i rewatch ds9 about once every year or so

I went straight from voy to s1 of ent and was pleasantly surprised at how much better ent was

The only decent characters were Tuvok and the doctor. Every other character was complete shit.

The worst episode IMO was when they mixed Tuvok and Neelix and had Tuvix...Fucking dumb.

Best was year of hell.

Enterprise really started to get good around season 3.

If they went right into the Klingon war after the last season, it would have been great.

you are dumb

>The big question everyone seems to have about the Voyager finale, “Endgame,” is this: Did you buy relationship between Seven and Chakotay (Robert Beltran)?
>Ryan: It’s not that I didn’t buy it... My problem with that relationship was that it came out of the blue. They had started the set-up of the relationship a few episodes earlier, in the episode (“Human Error”) where Seven was experimenting with her humanity on the holodeck. And so she sort of fell in love with Chakotay there. They said something like her could never have these sorts of relationships because she would die, or whatever. The next episode that we shot after that (“Natural Law”), Seven and Chakotay were stranded on some planet together. We specifically asked the producers – Robert and I – “Now, are we going to play this? Is this going to go somewhere? Because, obviously, we’d need to carry something over from…” And they said, “No, no, no, no! Absolutely not. Don’t play any of that. Nothing’s going to happen.”
>So, after that one episode we never played any sort of attraction or anything between the two characters. And then, out of the blue, all of a sudden, they’re dating (in “Endgame”). That was a little annoying, especially when you’ve specifically asked about it and they said, “No, absolutely not.” Then, suddenly they’re in love. That was a little… It’s one of the frustrations of network television. And it’s how you learn, also. You have to try to be the babysitter and the protector of your character.

That was Voyager for you

>In the Voyager relaunch book series, Seven broke up with Chakotay, moved in with her aunt, and attained much undesired celebrity. She eventually joined a Federation "think tank" with The Doctor.
Oh, that's nice.

>In the Next Generation relaunch novel Before Dishonor, Seven of Nine had become a civilian instructor at Starfleet Academy specializing in cybernetic technology. When Janeway was assimilated to become a new Borg Queen, Seven joined the crew of the USS Enterprise-E to reactivate the planet killer weapon with the assistance of Geordi La Forge and Spock in an effort to attack and destroy the Borg ship attacking Earth.
>To defeat Queen Janeway, Seven of Nine merged with the planet killer and began calling herself "Seven of One".
Fuck you, TNG novels.

comfy space adventures with a loyal crew are always fun, even when they're written terribly

>moved in with her aunt
Literally why. That sounds like it was written by someone who doesn't know that there's no currency in Trek. Why would she go live with someone she doesn't know? Why would a Starfleet Admiral want to live with a Borg?

No other Trek besides it and TNG on tv at the moment.

>When Janeway was assimilated to become a new Borg Queen
>the assistance of Geordi La Forge and Spock
>"Seven of One"

Tuvok is indeed great.

I like the Hirogen, even if they are just the Predator

Annorex and his crew in Year of Hell are interesting, but their actual race aren't

>VOY's 2 parters are shit
Equinox is great
Year of Hell is great
The Killing Game is kind of fun

I'm not trying to say that Voyager is good, or even remotely holds a candle to TOS, TNG and DS9, but its genuinely not as bad as people make out. It's definitely bad, but not THAT bad. When it had good episodes, though they are few and far between its perfectly enjoyable.

Seven was a good character, even if she is jut Hugh Mk. II

Depends how long she was around her for, and what kind of relationship they had before she moved in. If she'd been there for 5 years and became close to her aunt I could absolutely see it.

The latter is thanks to Peter David, who is infamous on Sup Forums

Because Voyager might be shit, but it amazingly entertaining shit. I had so many laughs at that show, and gosh darnit, I even started to feel something for these losers.

Except Neelix, I hated Neelix.

He was infamous for calling out gypsies as scum in public, otherwise most people like his work in comics.

>DS9
>Worf is added to boost ratings
>Instead of taking over the show, the writers make it a point that every episode of season 4 would focus on each main character

>VOY
>7 of 9 is added to boost ratings
>She takes over the show and every episode is about her

The jews always push their race mixing s m h

> get a semi job caretaking a famaly member for pay.
> Littarly huge chunks of time of doing nothing.
> Get bored, watch tv.
> Oh hey huge chunks of StarTreck Voyager

Even though I tend to miss some parts or chunks of episodes while im not at there place Im allready getting how fucking bland all the chariters are. Janeway hardly gets any screen time thus trying to get into her fucking head is near imposible thus flustration over trying to figure out this fucking chariter and just over all hating them.

I hardly remember most of any of the chariters names, The Doctor is the only one that is remotely intresting and hes a mother fucking hologram. (That can physicaly interact with people somehow but okay, Maybe because of the actor playing him is fucking great.)

Half clingon chick is boring as fuck and so is her bf whats his fucking face. Tuvac is okay but they hardly focus much on him. im Okay with Neelix, he seems to be one of the rare chariters that try to bring life into this boring snooze-fest of a fucking show.

The jailbait elf alien chick is meh and just serves as a McGuffin, Seven is an intresting concept of a chariter but good god she is only there for the TnA.

They are scum though. Blog post time

>Be me age 20 at uni
>Have part time job at a cinema
>gypsy couple walks in with their little kid, must be about 2 1/2 - 3
>Kid goes over to the pick and mix sweets
>Starts taking them out at eating them
>"you can't do that mate" I tell him as I look at the parents
>Gypsy dad says "you'll have to tell him off, he won't listen to us"
>youfuckingwotmate.jpg
>kid takes half chewed sweets out of his mouth and puts them all covered in slobber back into the pick and mix tub
>Manager sees this, allows them to carry on through to watch their film cause its too much hastle to kick them out given that like 3 or 4 years before a staff member got given brain damage from a beating because some gypsies got kicked out and waited for them to leave to get revenge

Fuck. Gypsies. They act like scum, try and nick stuff or kick off to get free shit knowing that no-one wants the hastle that comes with them, but wonder why everyone fucking hates them. Scum.

Voyager was so bad but I still felt compelled to keep watching.

Enterprise is such a slog. I'm still stuck on season 2.

>even the two parter episodes in voyager - two parters being historically some of the greatest episodes/arcs in the star trek shows - are complete shit
Mostly true, but the Year of Hell episodes are some of the best episodes in the entire franchise. The "reset switch lol" at the end sucked, but the episodes themselves are very well written. Equinox was also a good two-parter.

>The Killing Game is kind of fun
Only until you actually think about it and realize that it was stupid as heck.

>the most contrived setup in the history of modern Trek
>characters we don't care about doing shit that doesn't matter
>ends with Janeway freely violating the Prime Directive
Wew.

Very true, but then I'm a sucker for cheesy as fuck over the top Nazi episodes.

Its fun, not good

>Tuvac is okay but they hardly focus much on him
This is one of the most irritating things about Voyager, good characters such as Tuvok are criminally underutilised while bland shit characters like 7of9 get entire seasons dedicated to them.

>ends with Janeway freely violating the Prime Directive
Every captain disregards it whenever it's convenient for them, it's one of the most inconsistently applied rules in Star Trek.

If the author is writing star trek fan fiction (and not even of one of the good treks) there's a very real possibility that they live with their aunt

Janeway was great, you guys just hate women as usual

Prime Directive violations are a quality multiplier.

>watch an episode
>it's good
>captain violates the PD at the end
"Holy shit, this is amazing!"

>watch an episode
>it's bad
>captain violates the PD at the end
"Holy shit, this is terrible!"

He's the "name dropper", ripping character and thing after thing from the shows as a good old member berry tour de force.

In one story, all the machine intelligences from TOS episodes were fighting in two factions, and Data was on one side. He was getting his ass wiped, so he fished out M5 and turned it on and it pulled out a win, aside from one ship naturally for the showdown with Data. I also recall Lurch being in there somewhere.

Who else was good on this show?

Seven of Nine.

Janeway was alright when she wasn't in genocide mode

If you were a crew member of Voyager would you rather have Janeway or Ransom as your captain?

Peter David also wants Picard to be Kirk so badly. Whenever I read one of his TNG novels, Picard punches way too many people. And this was before the TNG movies.

Picard punched people in TNG too

I'd rather have Chakotay to be honest.

>boring
>plays it safe
>doesn't get me killed by investigating every dangerous anomaly
>doesn't murder/genocide anyone else along the way
Unironically a koo chee moya.

>Ransom
>"I will do whatever it takes to get my crew home, even sacrifice my own soul"

>Janeway
>"Won't somebody puHLEEEEASE think of the Ocampans! #NotAllBorg"

Janeway actually got her crew back to home unlike Ransom

"Die Hard in Space" isn't canon. Tuvok died in that episode, yet he's clearly fine the next time we see him.

>The High Ground
>Starship Mine

two episodes

>implying that's the only case
>implying Star Trek reusing actors means anything

rewatch the series before shitposting, this is the last (You) you get anyway so you avoid replying with lies

Janeway by a country fucking mile.

She got the entire crew home in 7 years instead of 70, with the majority of the crew intact and only had to sell her soul a couple of times. Ransom sold his away on a daily basis and fucked his ship and got most of his crew killed in the process.

Chakotay is pretty comfy, he could probably summon some sort of ancient indian spirit to protect the ship too.

Ransom's only mistake was trusting Janeway, if they never met then he would have got home first.

To be fair, Ransom only had a shitty little science vessel, whereas Janeway had the most advanced starship in the fleet.

>all these apologists advocating for kidnapping and murder

Fuck off peta, they're wild animals, it's called herding and rendering

Sup Forums on the subject of Peter David:
Apparently he forgot to pay his taxes.

captain tuvok
commander chakotay
2nd officer seska
is the only serious option.

>there's some space entity waiting for everyone at the end of their lives to suck away their soul/life essence

that episode had quite a dark turn

Was an intrepid the most advanced vessel in the fleet? I was under the impression they were sort of middling? Not big crazy everything like a galaxy class but small and focused ships for missions on home turf.

>Go to hell, you coward!

It wasn't the biggest ship or the best-armed, but it was the most technologically advanced.

>Best Voyager seasons

>Worst Voyager seasons

sorry, 1 should be in the worst

>He picks Janeway
>He's also obviously retarded

Golly gee

So let's see what janeway had
>One of the fastest and most powerful federation ship
>Impossible luck
>Ship in pristine condition at any given time

On the other had Ransom
>A ship that was essentially 8 shuttles glued together, shitty speed, limited defense capabilities
>No "well the problem solved by itself lmao ;^)"
>Ship failing, rations ending, starvation, certain death

If you weren't a complete dimwit you'd know Janeway would've killed all her crew in a year if she was the captain of the Equinox. One thing for certain Ransom wouldn't have killed Tuvix, but I guess you were all fours for it.

Bio-neural gel packs aren't an advancement. They just make it even easier for the ship to catch a virus, or come alive and murder the crew.

It's horribly racist of you to say that people from different cultures might behave in undesirable ways, Nazi scum.

But the ship was so fucked because of all the ayys he was using as fuel. The ship being broken is literally his own fault. Rations ending wasn't a problem for Janeway who negotiated with other races and got Neelix, as annoying a fuck as he was on board. Certain death was because he kept using them as fuel even though they clearly weren't happy with it.

Your hateboner for Janeway has blinded you user. And I say that as someone who doesn't like Janeway very much.

I can tell you've never worked in a customer facing role where you've had to deal with them regularly.

I know plenty of VERY liberal people who cannot stand having to deal with them in a workplace environment.

This, Ramson just wanted the easy way out and in pure Star Trek fashion he paid for it

Not even Sisko would have stoop so low

He managed to survive with a shit boat for 6 years, the dimensional ayys were only a problem for like a month. Janeway would've hardly managed 6 months in the same situation.

What are you basing that on other than your hateboner for Janeway and your own personal headcanon?

KEEP THEM AWAY FROM THE HOLODECK!!!!!

7 of 9 should have been with harry kim

>7 of 9 should have been with Janeway

ftfy

She tried, but he dropped his spaghetti.

The writers fucking hated Garret Wang though