Pam is...kind of a bitch

Pam is...kind of a bitch.

Her character is legit just the worst person ever. Jim supports her literally every time she wants to do something, whether it be art school, or joining Michael Scott Paper Company, or being a salesman. She fails literally every time because she doesn't work very hard in anything. The only way she got her job as the office administrator was by cheating her way into the position. Then when Jim has a chance to get in on the ground floor of a multi-million dollar corporation, pursuing his dreams while giving their family a better life 2 hours away in Philly, she attacks him until he makes it feel like it's HIS fault. In the Finale, some fan calls her out on it and Jim's like "No, no. That was my fault." From the NBC's "Where Are They Now" blog, we know that once they moved out to Texas, Jim let her pursue her art career AGAIN by letting her go to New Mexico and leaving him alone with two kids and a full time job.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U1PHpkdvNOs
youtube.com/watch?v=glFrp-CmNVA
youtube.com/watch?v=Om11M9LYJak
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>She fails literally every time because she doesn't work very hard in anything.
reminds me of myself haha

Pam a dumb cunt, but Jim is a dumb cuck. They deserve each other.

Everyone on that """show""" deserves to die anyway.

Jim and Pam were the worst. They just sat on their asses all day judging everyone. I hate their sense of humor too.

Michael and Dwight would have been awesome to work with, if you're not a judgemental prick.

Ryan was another character the hip young demographic of viewers was supposed to relate with, full of "my boss is a retard along with everyone but me" jokes, but he turned out totally superfluous hence pic related.

even best girl?

There is no best girl, only trash.

If I could murder this actor and get away with it, I would do it.

He inspires a completely irrational hatred and agression in me. I want to beat his face until there is no face anymore.

>implying that's best girl

it's a matter of taste friendo, but your taste is bitter sweet

>implying you wouldn't even bang angela

/thread

ITT Dwights

You didn't post best girl though

youtube.com/watch?v=U1PHpkdvNOs

compare this

to
youtube.com/watch?v=glFrp-CmNVA

Why is UK so shit

ITT People who have never been in relationships

Dwight did nothing wrong.

>Andy's arc of getting her back with her was great
>The next few episodes is them fucking it all up

Jim is a fucking cunt

Yeah I disliked Pam, and Jim had his moments, but he was so smug.

>it's another Sup Forums hates chad Jim and relates more with autistic asshole Dwight episode

Is it possible to ever discuss this show without it devolving to this? Is there anyone on this board who doesn't see themselves in Dwight?

I feel that with Jonah Hill, Jessie Eseinberg and Paul Dano.

maybe it's just difference in culture
I'm British and much prefer the UK version, for me it's much more subtle.
Both are great but they're very different shows, the UK one really hits the spot

Jim was genuinely a horrible person, though. Laughing at others misfortunes and personalities just so he can show off to an engaged woman all while being smug and judgemental

>muh feelings
NO!
delete this thread!

They are different, I think the british one made me laugh more. I like them both though.

Yeah I really enjoyed both, I sometimes found the American one a bit hamfisted though

>I'm British
I bet you think men dressed as women is funny

Jim was a lazy homewrecking piece of shit.

the only chad on the show is roy. jim is literally a beta cuck, roy pounded prime pam for over a decade and she only left for jim's scrawny ass once she was old and used up. and jim was happy to have her lmao

B-but Pam gives a good succ

Comparing British and US versions is stupid because they are completely different shows

British version is a typical British self-satire grounded in depressing reality. The US version is a wacky weekly sitcom. Not that one is better than the other, they are just two completely different types of show

The English version feels more realistic and less energetic. That`s probably why i don`t like it.

inferiority complex

you'll find tons of americans who prefer the british show and tons who prefer the american but you will NEVER find a brit who prefers the american version because you're all so insecure about america. it's pathetic honestly.

Naw, most Americans are just plebs. The UK one is better.
The American version has to pretend that Jim and Pam are "the good guys", while Michael and Dwight are cartoonish caricatures because Americans won't pay attention to anything with nuance.

what are you talking about? The UK version of the office is clearly more subtle than the US version to me

Women are a meme gender. Accept it and move on

Hmm Wendy.. Hot n Juicy red head

>British version is groundbreaking, insightful, and unlike anything on television
>American version is a basic single cam sitcom

I agree, the two are completely incomparable.

The British version just gives you bad feels

It's better though

You mean it's a ripoff of the American film Office Space shot in mockumentary style which was popularized by the Canadian show Trailer Park Boys?

Yeah real innovative lmao

every single character is a cunt in this show

Felt good when she went back to college and failed. I think.

wasn't the humor of the show supposed to mock that double standard? like some people laugh because they relate to pam and jim but the real message is that they are awful people.

didn't watch it a whole bunch though so maybe I'm wrong.

yea dnno why everyone is a fucking pussy beta cuck who cries themselves to sleep every day

And those disgusting fat slobs...

Test

What the deleted scene where Michael shit's on everyone?

I don't know why Jim was perceived as lazy. Office work is shit.

US version is cartoony and wacky
UK version is more like mockumentary
I find the latter funnier

I was fine with Pam until she flirted with the idea of fucking Brian. Whore.

Kevin was the only pure one.

The only similarities are that they're set in an office, and its contemporary with Trailer Park Boys.

?
They literally did the same skit word for word, and the UK version was fucking abysmal

>Michael and Dwight would have been awesome to work with, if you're not a judgemental prick.
Spotted the NEET. Michael was a terrible boss and when your salary depends on a terrible boss no amount of comedy could compensate.

>Michael was a terrible boss

Michael was a great boss actually. The Scranton branch consistently turned a profit while he was boss. It was when Robert California took over that business went to shit.

Michael was actually a shit boss and it's a common business tactic to keep the incompetent people in middle management and keep them from progressing. It's why Michael didn't get the promotion in whatever season it was

Nah, Office Space was what innovated satirization of bland white collar paperpushing jobs. The Office was just a cheap ripoff coming off the hype around Office Space since that movie was a huge cultural thing right around that time. In the US, at least. That's why it probably seemed innovative to British plebs, probably just hadn't seen the film yet. Either way, not groundbreaking content in the slightest.

Also TPB started doing mockumentary in 1998.

both very good tbf

>Then when Jim has a chance to get in on the ground floor of a multi-million dollar corporation, pursuing his dreams while giving their family a better life 2 hours away in Philly, she attacks him until he makes it feel like it's HIS fault
To be fair it was a risk and they made a decent living in paper, she didn't see the need to rock the boat.

>Office Space 1999
>The Office 2005
WOW user! YOU ARE SO SMART! A 6 YEAR DIFFERENCE IS TOTALLY RIGHT AROUND THAT TIME! :D

Shut the fuck up if you don't know the subject matter.

The UK Office aired in 2001 you philistine.

And by the way Office Space came because of The Office the 1995 series. Which is different than the 2005 Office series.

youtube.com/watch?v=Om11M9LYJak

Still one of my favorite cold opens. I wish they gave him more screen time after Carrel left.

>Michael and Dwight would have been awesome to work with, if you're not a judgemental prick.

Kek if you seriously believe this. Michael is a terrible boss and a terrible person, that's the whole point of his character.

Which came about because of the UK series from the 70s.

Question:

Were your other senses heightened when you lost your sense of taste or is that just an urban legend?

70s - UK Upstairs Downstairs
95 - US The Office comedy sitcom
99 - Office Space
01 - UK The Office
05 - US The Office

>Andy becomes manager
>immediately changes his entire established character to become michael 2.0

The worst sin the show committed. Along with all the blatant flanderization (Kevin especially gets that badly)

The US Office got better when it stopped copying scenes from the UK version and became its own thing. Not saying that the UK version is inferior or anything though, I like them both.

Upstairs Downstairs has literally nothing to do with office life at all though.

>Set in a large townhouse in Edwardian, First World War and interwar Belgravia in London, the series depicts the lives of the servants "downstairs" and their masters—the family "upstairs"

That has nothing at all to do with the dot com era white collar office life that The Office and Office Space comment on. America was what got the ball rolling on that whether you like it or not, Brits just latched on.

>have to fill out TPS reports at work
>it really does fucking suck

But she can rock the boat with her art career? Pam really is up there with worst female characters in sitcoms. That bitch from breaking bad comes to mind as well

for me Lily from HIMYM is one of the worst

Imagine a boss who is always joking around with his co-workers, he goes to the secretary's art show, and it's easy to get on his good side. You just have to laugh at his jokes and you could get out of doing work. But really he was just a chill boss.

>that's the whole point of his character.
if we're using the story line to predict what would happen if you have Michael as a boss, then remember how much his co-workers cried when he left.

That was kind of cold during the disposition when Wallace told him he wasn't even really being considered for the job. But Wallace wasn't an idiot and yeah Michael being promoted would have been a very poor move for the company.

The Office is on par with The Big Bang Theory to me. I just don't understand what's so funny. TBBT has its stupid ZIMBABWE autism man, TO just has *looks at camera with a 'can you believe this' look*
I don't like anyone on either of these shows, they're all assholes.

Not even best ginger. At least that unfunny English broad had the best booty in the office. Erin was all around meh.

Have you seen Alyson Hannigan host on Penn and Teller's Fool Us?

You'll be comparing her to her performance on HIMYM and complaining how she really deserved all of the Emmys

He does it without consulting her. Like she did with the michael scott paper company. They're both shitty.

Replace Upstairs Downstairs with Fawlty Towers.

>
>To be fair it was a risk and they made a decent living in paper, she didn't see the need to rock the boat.
It was a continuing theme of the show that their industry was dying. There is nothing safe about staying on a sinking ship.

>Imagine a boss who is always joking around with his co-workers, he goes to the secretary's art show, and it's easy to get on his good side. You just have to laugh at his jokes and you could get out of doing work. But really he was just a chill boss.

You mean like majority of bosses?
Michael sucks as a Manager for the Sales Team. The regular hourly employees though he's like so many regular bosses that already exist in the real world.
But for the sales team who work off commission, he's a constant distraction.

This might be more to your level of job experience.
Imagine being a waiter or a bartender who works for tips mostly. Yeah you get the $2 an hour or $3 whatever it's went up to per hour, the rest you make in tips.
Now your Manager is constantly distracting you and taking you away from your customers.
Not only that but his actions actually make customers walk away.
You wouldn't be making tips aka commissions and you'd not be able to survive.

The show rarely dealt with competition and all the sales team were pretty chill with how much they made. Which is pretty unrealistic in a sales office.

>Jim
>chad
Hahah literal omega detected. Watch any scene with Jim and Roy. Jim and Charles is the best though. Holy fuck that arc felt good. Jim is so uncomfortable and awkward around black people too. He's such a beta its not even funny.

>Ryan was another character the hip young demographic of viewers was supposed to relate with

You're a literal retard

>implying Dwight wasn't alpha as fuck

>cries like a faggot constantly
>autistic family

>Knows martial arts
>Has his own land
>Knows how to be self sufficient
>Has a strong seed
Pretty alpha to be fair

Don't even understand how you idiots are saying the uk version is less wacky.

>discipline him
>OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH KINKY

alright, explain yourself

See now, you can't go directly by the antics he does as if thats the whole story
Because they clearly liked him as a boss, and their branch was the only profitable one

Plus there were other times when he stayed up late going good work editing a video or w/e

So the story is a little deeper than Michael is just a fucking idiot.

>cucked Andy, had one night-stand with Pam's friend, owned a commercial building at one point

In the uk version I enjoy that he sort of feels annoyed and feels like he brings him down to his level. It shows a weakness. You don't have to be a cunt because he is.

The us version is just about making dwight looks stupid which is actually funnier. Lacks that extra layer though.

Michael is an idiot.
It doesn't matter that he has a heart of gold.
He is offensive as hell, over steps boundaries, and in the real world would have been fired long ago after several lawsuits.

Yes, the show made it where the employees forgive him.

BJ Novak clearly wrote himself to be an insufferable hipster

The kind of guy who feels he's too good for everything even though he's now working at a bowling alley

I'm American and was able to pay attention to the british version.

You don't even make sense. If we couldn't pay attention to the original why would any American have seen it and want to make a new version?

It baffles me how stupid yuropoors are.

>when Jim has a chance to get in on the ground floor of a multi-million dollar corporation, pursuing his dreams while giving their family a better life 2 hours away in Philly, she attacks him until he makes it feel like it's HIS fault. In the Finale, some fan calls her out on it and Jim's like "No, no. That was my fault.

I've been saying this shit for years. I like it though because it's a genuine look at how girls act, and its painted in a way that makes her not seem like a bad person so normies didn't get all pissy about it

you're thinking of Season 4+ Ryan. Look again at the picture I originally posted and remember how he was a holier-than-thou college student in the first seasons. Next time you watch the first 3 seasons remember my words

>no nudes of pam

What's the fuck point

Haven't watched the whole thing, but I fully expected her to bitch about the house Jim bought from his parents.

Isn't it already in season 3 though where he gets the managing job, grows that hipster beard, does all the hipster company 2.0 ventures that fail and frauds a shitton of cash from dunder miflin?

You might be right for seasons 1 and 2 though