What do you think the reasons are in modern society as to why people feel their lives are very unfulfilled and...

What do you think the reasons are in modern society as to why people feel their lives are very unfulfilled and unrewarding?

Would you say it's specifically a cultural/societal thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1YzPxwn0fUr
desuarchive.org/int/thread/81040741/#q81042702
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Materialism, atheism, long lifespan, no wars

>unfulfilled and unrewarding
Were lives of our grandparents generation so fulfilled and rewarded?

Because we were with them?
Would our lives be fulfilled and rewarded if we get married in early 20’s and have grandchildren before 60?

i don't wanna work and everything is expensive

Mouse utopia experiment

Probably yes

Lack of community due to mass urbanization.

it isn't, it's just that the internet has made us more connected. one persons bitching is heard by hundreds of thousands now instead of just a group of friends/family. now that one person connects with another person who is bitching and now everybody who previously didn't have an outlet for their frustrations now have a collective voice in bitching.

fucking internet.

The internet is also making beauty standards higher than ever before and also universal. The internet is also making people crave for the instagram/Hollywood life more than ever before.

This is why suicide rates are rising.

Do you feel similar in Japan, assuming you're not a proxyfag? I wondered if this was more a Western thing.

It’s easier to compare yourself to others now with social media

I am. And I do, or presume so.

On the other hand, in our grandpa’s era men could drink alcohol as much as he would and beat his wife and children if he would like to.
He could treat whole his family and it’s assets arbitrarily.
Maybe it was so fulfilling and rewarding for grownup males.

Smartphones.

degradation of personal responsibility, potential for better life, and family/community

The malaise before these were a thing though.

Bump for based gimmick so OP can't have his feelings hurt

Also humans are designed more to persevere and not prosper

>degradation of personal responsibility,
Agree with this.

Everything is shit. I don't want to be in this society.

silly cunts self-diagnosing themselves with mental heath problems, personality disorders and developmental issues and then using these things as an excuse when convenient.

Could be worse. You could be a nigger

>Also humans are designed more to persevere and not prosper
and this is the why africans have achieved nothing.
oh... you said humans.

Haven't achieved anything

But on a personal level I am more than alright, don't need to vent on an anonymous forum to find self-assurance and an identity

If I am responsible for black failure, how much have you contributed to white (or whatever you are) success?

>oh... you said humans.

>no response
Think I have my answer....nothing

Misery and suffering is a very natural human condition. That's what the majority of life is, and the rest is finding ways to alleviate it.

You mean you didn't take one of those online tests that diagnose you a special snowflake?

Loser.

>>Australian Buddhism.

Lol

People here especially those in the west find suffering in menial things, they project an image onto themselves (for instance by virtue of being white ) and then whine when they can't confront their failures and imperfections as adults

Easier to assume you're a racist success than an individual failure

*racial success than an individual failure

>Misery and suffering is a very natural human condition
But is doesn't need the define you. There's more to this that simply the same sort of experiences our forefathers endured.

*to define

I'm not sure what is implied by this
It's stupid to trivialise people's sufferings, especially if you're generalising using a Sup Forums shitpost
>there's more to this
? more to what ? like what ?

>more to what
This contemporary attitude to thoughts of being unfulfilled, failure, lacking meaning and purpose.

>It's stupid to trivialise people's sufferings,
That's what you think when you experience it, but every assessment of human psychological pain is a trivialisation, because you assume an emotional self-importance that hinders your attempts at practical solutions

>? more to what ? like what ?
Probably means dumb stuff like leftist self-discovery journeys or revitalizing yourself through these 100 Sup Forums approved ways!

tad bit angry are we

It's called coming to terms with your own mediocrity and realizing you're not special

The very reason for this Man up

At what? Shitposting?

Don't bait him bro or he'll flip out again for 8 hours until you apologize

His thread this time is actually good

I don't think you've quite understood my postNever mind.

It's not stupid to trivialize suffering if it's of your own making. It's not really suffering, it's just basking in your own insecurities.

>flip out again for 8 hours
Eh?

Then to simplify terms and arrive at equal ground, define fulfillment for me in your own perspective

Last thread a Brit chimped out for 8 hours and followed me around wanting an apology, complaining about me while claiming he was posting to annoy people

I apologize if I jumped to conclusions and assumed it was you

>Were lives of our grandparents generation so fulfilled and rewarded?
Doubtful.

It's very common to assume the social ailments of today were not the social ailments of yesterday. We know of poets and writers who tell us about how they lived their life feeling empty and that they were missing out on something.

People have felt alienated, unfilled, and everything else probably for as long as there have been "people."

lol

You do realise there's numerous Bongs on Sup Forums, right?

Yes I do but like the old recognizable poster days I like to attempt identifying people beyond the flag through signature writing

He's a mentally deranged """"""autistic"""""" nigger with a fucking huge chip on his shoulder who got arseblasted about being called a nigger for acting like one and now goes into every Babsthread sperging out at every Britposter.

calm down it''s only Sup Forums

I am sorry for saying I'd kill Barbara for being a coalburning slut m8 let it go it was a fucking shitpost among thousands

I wouldn't believe you if you said you had this much attachment and affection for your mother

Too much information, stimuli, ego death

>degradation of personal responsibility

Doesn't mean anything

You should tell your nigger pet that then. Every fucking thread lmao.

>People have felt alienated, unfilled, and everything else probably for as long as there have been "people."
This is true, but in a modern context there exists reasons that our grandparents and there's never encountered.

Think I remember now. Doubt there's many Sudanese on here.

The post that triggered him

Don't know if he's a feminist or Hungarian immigrant

At least on the surface. Name one reason that is qualitatively different.

>typical nignog behaviour. no one is surprised

Did this upset you?

Job s

No I pushed him further because he's an idiot unaware he's the one getting annoyed in his own thread

He stopped his whine posting in the thread after because he was scared of looking foolish

I have a feeling he's not ethnic British, his English writing is too shit

>jobs are a modern phenomena

Also

>employment difficulties weren't existent in previous generations
Come on m8

So did you get offended by being called a nignig on Sup Forums? Jesus,m8 if you can't take abuse on here go back to Plebbit

Not really

Just enjoyed watching him sperg out and claim the higher moral ground, while claiming he created the thread to annoy 4channers

Also been here for 5 years and comfy

Well you certainly seem offended and upset. Fuck is there not a Babsthread you haven't lost your shit in?

Sorry, I pressed "post" before finishing.

You asked what is "qualitatively different", job security is as are the opportunities, cost of living, home ownership, competitiveness, expectations, the measure of success, globalisation.

Looking at your reaction here, and in that thread, it's you that is the one getting really annoyed. Who are you trying to convince? You want people to take you shitposting seriously? kek.

You mean like how he followed me to the Africa thread, the plastic dolls thread and others to claim 'he won' and got his 'deserved apology'?

Wouldn't be surprised if he accused me of the same, he's a bit of a diva and talks like a schoolgirl gossiping about outcasts, no wonder only the apology did it

>You want people to take you shitposting seriously
I don't want them to chimp out and bitch across the catalog because of unwarranted self-importance

>job security is as are the opportunities, cost of living, home ownership, competitiveness, expectations, the measure of success, globalisation.
Lol what happened in the Weimar Republic then?

Doubling down on your stupidity

>followed me
Lol. No one is following you anywhere you mental bastard. I've just looked at the last bunch of Babsthread on desuarchive and your sperging out in every one FFS.

Like you're doing now?

>the entire world was the weimar republic

I'm done with this angry assblasted nigger

Yeah right, post them here one by one

And post the Africa thread where he claims I was 'ripped to threads'

Show me where in the catalog

Classical goalpost moving

>This is true, but in a modern context there exists reasons that our grandparents and there's never encountered.

>never encountered
>our grandparents
What a colossal bitch

vocaroo.com/i/s1YzPxwn0fUr

I'm too lazy to type out my response. Listen to this if you feel like it.

What Africa thread you fucking nutcase?
Go to desuarchive and search your flag lmao. You are the only Sudacunt on here and you've been sperging out in every Babsthread bleating about OP.

desuarchive.org/int/thread/81040741/#q81042702

>no one cares about him IRL!
Lol. Go enjoy his and the other Brits bitching

>Show me where in the catalog
I never mentioned anything about the catalogue. I'm talking about you in this very thread "chimping out and bitching", you fucking idiot.

We evolved to live in tight knit tribal societies. This mass society devoid of any kinship and hyper individualistic materialism is unnatural and causing mental instability.

>moving the goalposts again
Here you go Also every comment that makes you feel bad isn't necessarily an attack on your character and person, stop with the self-delusion

And you getting upset at shit posting? I think you're thin-skinned for here,m8

>e-everyone is against me waaaaaah

What goalposts am I moving, what are you on about? I'm talking about you in this thread. I don't care about the catalogue or some other thread. I'm talking about you deluding yourself into thinking people should take your obvious shitposting seriously, you overly sensitive whiney creep.

Are you confusing me with this user?

>more projection
You asked for it, you got it

Oh and it's acceptable shitposting now and not behaviour that ruined OPs thread You are literally devoid of integrity or any consistency

Write whatever you want to save face, free speech is a thing here

>I'm talking about you deluding yourself into thinking people should take your obvious shitposting seriously
Tell that to the babposter who keeps throwing fits over it

>no wars
No wars in the western first world, specifically

I only see you doing it here ITT tbf.

>integrity
>on Sup Forums
Lmao have a day off,m8. You take this place far too seriously. You're losing your rag in every Babsthread simply cos he called out your niggerish behaviour.

Sure you do

If he can't take the consequent replies like a man then you don't need to defend him, his thread has no special importance, the British flag doesn't mean no-one can ruin your threads the same way you do to others

All your responses have also been nothing but 'no u' recently, step up

Literally the same response you give Germans, Americans and other Europeans when you can't handle getting your banter shot back at you

>insulting Babs is unacceptable behavior
Sure, mommas boy, defend the slut like she's your sister

Why are Brit's such pretentious divas?

Germanons in the UK thread yesterday were right, you can't handle what you dish out and claim autism or project when you can't weasel your way out of the hole you've dug for yourselves

No one is defending her. You were called a nignog for acting like a nigger and have spent the past 3 days letting everyone know how upsetting it was, you fucking poof

I think this Sudanlad is having a mental breakdown :/

>acting like a nigger
So basically laughing at coalburning gold digger is now bigger behaviour

As if no Briton has ever insulted American, German, French or Slavic women the same way. Poofter

No sick of British babying

*laughing at a coalburning
Nigger behaviour

Still no integrity from you

Stay safe Sudanlad.

Third world is hard world.

whats the point of it all?
How am i supposed to be motivated to work hard and achieve some goal when the reward is just more materialism.
In the past nearly everyone had a spouse and family from a young age, they were patriotic to a country that meant something more than a passport, they had a community they were part of.
What community am I part of? Sup Forums is probably the closest thing to a community for me and this place is a shithole

Where were you laughing in the post you quoted here >integrity
Lmao

Thanks

A reminder to everyone including Brits not to take shit from people prepared to make double standards for themselves

Because she's a coalburning golddigging slut and I don't care about your feelings toward her and neither should anyone

No go kiss some female ass for comforting if you feel bad about it

>nigger acts like nigger
>spends three days telling people how mad he is about it
Ayyyyyyyyyy

Great post, Spudlad.

Just post your entire Barbi folder on mega and Sudan will go away, and nobody gets hurt

Right Sudan?

fucking do it already reeeeeeeee!!!