How rampant is the incurable disease that is vinyl siding in your country?

How rampant is the incurable disease that is vinyl siding in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3GYwu-Fh_Rw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

stage 4

Never seen anything like that here. 99% of our houses are concrete, brick or stone.

We have none, we need some

Then unfortunately, you'll never be able to live in a TRUE LUXURY HOME.

As in, an enormous, tasteless abomination of a "house" that was built with the cheapest, ugliest, most fake and soulless material-veneers you've ever seen, with the house itself having horrible balance, massing, rhythm, and any other element of architecture you can think of, along with huge, gaping, depressing, out-of-place windows with no muntins that are EVERYWHERE on the facade, a retard-tier conglomeration of employed architectural details that have absolutely nothing in common with each other, and a ---, all topped off with a massive, hulking hipped roof that's twice the size of the house and completely incomprehensible due to its bizarre, obnoxious, and entirely unnecessary amount of roof-lines.

Not only that, but the house is also located within a colossal tract neighborhood in the middle of an empty field that's packed with countless other abomination houses that are almost exactly the same as the one I just described.

>and a ---
It looks like I forgot to add something to my post. I don't remember what it was, though.

Stucco is way more common

are those white houses in america that look like tree actually plastic? lmao

Was rampant in the 80s but a cure has been found in the early 90s. Non-existent now.

Still going strong.
Looks cheap and unappealing

far too common, fortunately superior materials like fiber cement are becoming quite popular

a lot of the stucco you see is fake, especially on newer houses. real stucco is pricey.

It was pretty bad in the 60's, but cassettes and CDs killed it pretty hard.

We don't have those. It's stone or concrete here, almost always with an orange roof. Pic are average houses and a touristy stone one.

Quite common, a lot of the houses here are approaching 100 years old and somewhere down the line to remodel or cover for lot they went up.

nearly all housing in Newfoundland is either wood panelling or vinyl siding, brick just looks out of place here
plus, coming from a place with at least 95% of housing being brick, it tends to look boring after a while

Are you fucking me? The houses are pathetic abominations of OSB board and are shaped by randomly placed triangles to be "modern."
What type of Architecture do you like?
>Greek Revival
>Georgian
>Colonial
>Gothic in certain instances.

literally impossible to use vinyl siding here.
the wall would rot in 2 years.
t. 99% humidityland with 30 degree temperature flips between day and night

Nice

>fiber cement
I like my asbestos tiles thank you very much.
They keep my house chilly in 110 degree heat.

>be american
>living in plastic houses
>tornados destroy them

Never saw this

this

Not all asbestos

I live in Texas and have never seen that shit in my life. All our siding here is brick or plywood planks.

a lot of siding is concrete molded as wood, you'd just never realize it

Sounds like the average balkan house

Today, exterior wall material is hard to tell whether it is real woods or not.
This house is not using real woods.
I see this type of exterior walls well in my country. The wall is hard to burn.

It's popular in the far Northern Midwest due to its resistance to being damaged by freezing and the ease of repair and replacement. Of couse, this is generally for middle to lower income households that would rather have an ugly home than replace their outer wall and insulation regularly.

I know a guy living in a countryside that put that on the addition he build to his house because he couldn't afford to make it the same as the rest of the house

But it's not actually "wood textured" on anything. Just plain white.

I forgot my thread even existed, but I'm back now. I don't have a favorite style, but I do like some more than others. The extent to which I like a style is essentially dictated by how much of a connection I have to the kinds of airs or atmospheres it's capable of giving of the area it's in, as well as the kinds of connotations and ideals surrounding it. For example, I like Federal-style buildings not only for their top-notch use of certain details, but also because they instill a sense of Americanism, represent the libertarian ideals of the colonists, and serve as a symbol of the country in general.

When it comes to individual buildings, age is an important factor as well. What age does is give a building (and all other buildings of its style) a sense of history, and instills you with the comforting knowledge that the tiny portion of everyday life you're looking at has been there for many years, has seen countless amounts of people enter its confines over the course of its existence, with the building continuing to stand as a reference to the culture of the time-period that it was built in, modestly unchanging, giving the city or town that it's located in even just a microscopic bit of history. Surrounding plant-life is also a major factor in clearly conveying a building's age, especially in terms of fully-grown trees and the occasional vines.

That's my unfocused architecture-related thing for tonight. I'm extremely tired right now, and I'll probably make posts about different styles that I like and the aesthetics they present tomorrow.

The vast majority built since the 1980s and '90s are. It sucks in a major way.

[spoiler]What's the cure?[/spoiler]

Apparently spoilers don't work on Sup Forums for some reason.

t. James Howard Kunstler

I recently watched youtu.be/3GYwu-Fh_Rw playlist on youtube and was completely mindblown how 3rd world methods of constructing a house in the US are.

The "americans don't build shit to last" meme is true.

WTF the first thing we would do is a concrete slab.
In fact, very few houses are built without either a sill plate or digging correct foundations.

Better to pass a bulldozer over the whole thing and start anew.

Never seen any.

Hah. I have aluminum siding. Suck it!

Woodbeam homes were generally made the late 19th-early 20th century. If an owner intends to keep and perserve it, then more power to them.

In America they try to imitate the "victorian" style. It reminds them of when they were oppressing niggers freely.