Another GS title on Sunday

>another GS title on Sunday

unbelievable

cilic will win it all la

Has anyone in tennis had a more fortunate career?

Dominates when the "best" opposition is Phil Poo Sis, Roddick and Hewitt. Gets regularly BTFO when decent players emerge like Djoko and Nadal and then when they get injured he pick up majors beating shit like Cilic.

>15 year spread of major titles
>literally holds all records of the sport
>came in way before Claybabby and Slavshit and will outlast both of them

How long have you been watching tennis, Ahmed?

Longer than you, DaShawn

ChungGOD will win

It's almost like Nadal and Djokovic had to sell out their bodies like whores, tearing every muscle, to even reach 50% of what Federer has done

Their keeping up with Federer results in their bodies being in shambles, destroyed. The price for coming close to the GOAT, who will largely outlast them.

It's almost as if you're posting absolute fucking bollocks, nigger.

Just goes to show how shit this new generation of players is, Fed won't quit because he knows we're fading into a mediocre competition.

how come talent in tennis is so bad right now? he shouldn't be winning shit right now (neither should Nadal). In the past your career was over at 30 years old but now everyone is so shit that a 50 years old like Roger is able to dominate easily.

Federer never needed his physicality so he will play until he's 40

Nadal is done for, he sold out his body last year to win a couple more titles, now his knee exploded, game over

Doubt that

>me on the right

Hi rafa.

Federer is just an outlier. The most talented player ever. 2 or 3 standard deviations from the mean.

The talent today isn't the greatest compared to other eras but it is pretty normal.

Do your Jap impression

It's fucking awful.

Very good post.

post of the decade

Being a contender for slams at 36 is not fortunate. Longevity is a testament to his greatness.

It's fortunate that the opposition consists of shite like Berdych and Cilic.

>Murray, Nadal and Djokovic being injured while Federer who's far older is still in perfect shape? Pure luck! It has nothing to do with their style of play!
imagine being this delusional

Says the silly thick nigger who thinks Djoko and Nadal have only achieved 50% of what Federer has

99% of players are physically incapable of being a factor at 36 regardless of who the competition is. Sampras was surpassed by players like Roddick, Safin and Hewitt (you know, Fed's weak competition) when he entered his 30s. That's how it goes. I guarantee you Nadal and Djokovic aren't winning shit at 36 no matter how bad the competition is because they aren't capable of the longevity of Federer. That's an achievement.

Sampras was surpassed by Federer, you fucking idiot.

And it's not even that Federer has maintained a high quality of tennis as he's no where near as good as he was years gone by. Tennis is just of a diabolical standard now and the players who kept him silent for 7 years seem to endure injuries all at the same time.

>2000 US Open final
>2001 US Open final

And Federer has maintained a high level for the most part. That's why it took a much younger all time great player like Djokovic to prevent him from winning a bunch of slams in the years preceding 2017.

wtf i'm a SwissMissile now

Federer reached only five majors finals between his Aus win in 2010 and the one in 2017. Five, out of 25 he played in. lmao. You Fedfags are deranged and your insistence an exaggerating the quality of tennis at the moment is embarrassing.

This is completely true.

Djokovic, at his peak, was a freak of nature, dispatching Nadal and Federer. But it's not just Federer's longevity that is a credit to his genius and talent, it's the fact that he could reinvent his backhand and change rackets so late into his career, thus defeating his greatest rival 4 or 5 times in a row. On top of that, basically inventing the tweener (it existed before, but wasn't used seriously in matches) and SABR, bringing back serve and volley to counter the hopeless baseline grinding.

Nadal's entire game plan against Fed, as was (and is) most players', is to go for his backhand and wait until he fucks up or there's an opening. With his new backhand, this game plan doesn't work as easily. On top of that, Federer can rely on an insane level of experience and tennis intelligence, especially now at 36.

Let's not forget:
>never retired from a match in over 1300 matches
>consistently voted the players' and fans' favourite
>holds record for weeks at n1, consecutive weeks at n1, GS total, consecutive finals, semis, and quarters, and most Wimbledons
>two fucking sets of twins and god-tier family values
>pays taxes in his home country
And last but not least
>if he wins this AO, will be the oldest world n1 in history.

Yeah, in Schwyz.

1st for Tennys will be back

Actually, what's deranged is how far people like you go to denigrate greatness. You can't even bring yourself to admit that being the best player in the world at 36 is an achievement. Truly pathetic.

Switzerland is baby-tier tax evasion
He could have gone to Monaco or Dubai or whatever.

You must be a retard if you think that isn’t better than Djokovic or most other players on tour. He’s paying federal taxes, which are the same wherever you live in CH. Basel is rich enough without his taxes.

The lengths you’ll go to to deny his GOAT status are quite pitiful.

You people are not even a fan of tennis, you're a fan of Federer and every bit as fucking mental as the cranks that follow Serena.

>consistently voted the players' and fans' favourite
Fucking cringing at you thinking this means shit.

>if he wins this AO, will be the oldest world n1 in history.
He won't be world n1 if he wins this AO. He'll still be 155 points behind Nadal.

>Nadal's entire game plan against Fed, as was (and is) most players', is to go for his backhand and wait until he fucks up or there's an opening

Truth. Nadal is a one dimensional player.

Why would he move there when he can stay home with favourable tax arrangements?

You hate Federer so much that you think it's inconceivable that someone can be a fan of the sport and a fan of Federer. And you're calling others mental.

i'd love to hear what you have to say about serena

I hate Fedfags, not Federer.

who is your GOAT male tennis player

Chang.

right, you have no opinion, just an epic contrarian. typical UKfag

Serena Williams.

Probably Pete Sampras.

G.O.A.T

but could he do it on a could rainy night in stoke la ?

Before I say thats the most retarded thing I've ever read can you explain your reasoning.

Sampras never even won the French. Federer has 5 more major wins and is on his way to 6. Pete Sampras' biggest achievement was his Wimbledon record and Federer broke it last year.

What metrics are you using?

Hell, the only thing that stopped Federer from winning an additional five RGs (05-08 and 11) was the clay GOAT, the most dominating man on a single surface. Sampras was null on clay.

Guga

>Sampras never even won the French
And Federer only has it because Nadal was injured.

cool post andy.

Soderling beat Nadal fair and square. If you want to say that Nadal was actually better and would have defeated Federer then we may as well not even play these events because apparently the results don't matter and this random brit knows who the best players always are

Nadal was injured. He'd been carrying injury since Madrid. I don't expect you to know this because you were probably only a babby, but what you do know is that a fit Nadal wouldn't have lost on clay at RG to either Soderling or Fed.

If he was hurt then he shouldn't have entered the tournament. If a player is healthy and doesn't take part in any sport then that's okay with me but if they push to play I give them no slack

Isn't health*

>If he was hurt then he shouldn't have entered the tournament
Absolute fucking state of this argument.

Its like im really on TW forums!!

Less Arabs.

>was perfectly fine for 3 matches
>injured in the 4th
>h-he shouldnta even entered if he was just gunna get injured

He should have retired then.

Why did you list this? I agree that Fed is the GOAT but how does paying tax make you a good person?

because they claim to be from a country yet the first thing they do it jet to monte carlo when they find even moderate success

see: djokovic, raonic