All jokes aside, is Samurai Jack the greatest animated product ever produced? Even better than Golden Era Simpsons?

All jokes aside, is Samurai Jack the greatest animated product ever produced? Even better than Golden Era Simpsons?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/103825326
youtube.com/watch?v=0tokBFnNGAU
youtube.com/watch?v=ppSzERE1r4I
youtube.com/watch?v=WZdTJ_t3bug
youtube.com/watch?v=j7b25SGv9dM
youtube.com/watch?v=OwxfQsd4pw4
youtube.com/watch?v=J1QOx0511Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=DlJiphrbLyg
youtube.com/watch?v=eQATBFIZ13o
youtube.com/watch?v=Rtzy_RJQ7G0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

SJ is pretty good, but that honor would have to go to another

GOAT taste lads

Batman Beyond for another chosty animated show.

For eastern shit i'm still at a loss, i'm not brainy enough to tell the good stuff from the bad stuff like some of the clever folk on here as I thoroughly enjoyed Cowboy Beebop and Outlaw star. Also Super Jail for an honorary mention.

But for straight up atmosphere and cinematography Gendy is the absolute grand master

Batman the Animated Series.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

on the west? sure
worldwide (and counting movies)? not even close

better than golden era simpsons? no
but it is very good, certainly up there

Everything in the DCAU is gold. Shame WB dropped the ball so hard after Justice League Unlimited.

Overrated.
I recently watched it without nostalgia glasses on and 99% of the filler episodes are shit.

>Shame WB dropped the ball so hard after Justice League Unlimited.

Batman Brave and the Bold was great though.

If you're 10 years old and ignoring the rest of the world, sure.

Am I just not getting it? I never watched this as a kid but with the new season I decided to finally give it a go. I'm at the end of season 2 and I've still yet to be amazed by anything. I'm not saying it's shit but I just haven't seen anything nearly worth the praise that literally everyone I know to have watched the show heaps on to it. Are the first couple seasons known to be worse or something?

True, but most of their recent endeavors have been incredibly lackluster, not to mention the terrible art direction.

>gendy is the grand master
Wew lad
You must be extremely sheltered.

How can it be the greatest? A lot of actual anime is better quality.

It's just memeing. It's not bad, but from a cinematic and animation perspective, SJ is just very flat. Lots of close up and stilted fight scenes that lack depth or a dynamic camera don't help either.

>avatar

shit taste aside Samurai Jack, BTAS, Beyond, Justice League is debatable, Young Justice, and Sym Bionic Titan.

DC animation is on point too bad about the movies

This
There's better animated stuff from Japan from a couple years back.
vimeo.com/103825326

No. It's a goofy, ugly piece of shit for weeb retards and the most r*ddit thing I have ever seen.

Yeah, but Space Dandy is an OVA, not TV animation. They had more time and money for production.

Xaolin Showdown had a lot of potential but ultimately fell short because Disney didn't want to do anything not childish with it

>Beyond

Yes, its criminally underrated because of how good BTAS was

>new episodes are still being made

wtf. I thought this was one of those two season and done shows.

>from a cinematic and animation perspective, SJ is just very flat
>muh artificial shaky-cam
>muh anime fight scenes
Kys. The reason SJ is so good is because it's deliberate and takes its time with scenes, not to mention its uniquely stylized art direction.

Xiaolin Showdown was WB

Somehow the ones where they survive are the worst.

I rewatcehd it recently.
Earth book is kino, Avatar at its best. Fire book is good too but it has some filler episodes at the beggining that are meh, except for the one about the dance, that one was fun.

Come and join us!

>Space Dandy is an OVA
No it isn't, its tv anime.

Go away Sup Forums, nobody likes you

Samurai jack ran for 4 seasons and has only come back like 12 years later to get a true ending with almost all the major players involved sans Mako who died years back, it's 10 episodes (3 aired so far) that will finally end the show properly

Obligatory Shinobi fight
youtube.com/watch?v=0tokBFnNGAU

>Am I just not getting it?
You're just a pleb, don't worry.

Whoops. Did they air on its Disney then? Anyway that makes me even more diddapointed

The best

youtube.com/watch?v=ppSzERE1r4I

You're an idiot

It raised the bar when it came out in 2001. More than BAS did. The new season is the best yet.

Cramming Cyborg into the Justice League felt forced. Why him?

That spot is already taken bub

The new season is really fucking good. 10/10 animation. Watch it.

But that's the best WW and batman design of all time

>Cramming Cyborg into the Justice League felt forced.

Superboy Prime pls go

I liked the cartoon version better, stayed more faithful to the source material while giving characters time to develop.

Are you kidding? There was literally no character development in the 2003 version.

sure is redditory here

That's not Evangelion.

CGI clone wars had better character development, but 2d clone wars had Durge and a better grievous, so I'm torn.

What the CGI series did to Grievous was a crime.

Durge is pretty cool

Imo it is OP.

this nerd is right

Overrated. It's peaks are incredible, but there are a lot of stinkers, the average episode isn't that good.

The overall design and direction are stellar, but the average episode just doesn't hold up as well as memory leads us to believe.

Incredible show. It took a while to get it's stride, most of season 1's mediocre, and pretty bad compared to later seasons, the first actually good arc isn't until the Geonosis arc in Season 2, but god damn were seasons 3-6 fucking incredible.

T H I C C

Lots of modern TV anime is better than it like Space Dandy and Mob Psycho

youtube.com/watch?v=WZdTJ_t3bug

youtube.com/watch?v=j7b25SGv9dM

youtube.com/watch?v=OwxfQsd4pw4

youtube.com/watch?v=J1QOx0511Ug

youtube.com/watch?v=DlJiphrbLyg

Kino

>the world bought the prequel hate meme
>only original trilogy movies from now on
>no clonekino ever
At least we have the Umbara Arc...

I just came to this thread to say this

Grevious was always a jobber, Gendy made him too cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=eQATBFIZ13o

Genuinely the best fight in all of star wars

Wakfu

The Clone Wars was perfect because the lightsaber duels could have the speed, precision, and flair you'd expect from elite warriors with premonition without the awkwardness of human actors aiming at each other's blades in choreographed fights

Certainly the best transformers too

I will never understand how this place loves this cartoon yet hates others that are actually kinda smart, not just fighting (rick and morty comes to mind but there are others)

I guess the visuals are decent but its just meh. Must be a nostalgia thing, as a first time viewer of Samurai jack, actually watching the episodes fully, So far it's just been completely mediocre.

It really is.

I like the concept of the show, but they really didn't do anything with the story past episode 3.
almost 4 entire seasons of filler before season 5 decided to add some actual plot to the show

the fights in the first 4 seasons range from terrible to barely alright

People mostly watch it because the characters are likable and there's some nice humor in some episodes but that's it

South Park-tier """animation""".

Because Rick and Morty's animation is trash and it's a show about nothing. Shit like Samurai Jack and The Last Airbender have an entire created universe with lore and an ultimate goal for their characters.

Wonder Woman wearing a onesie is dumb

yeah naa sounds like nostaliga to me, it's trash

>rick and morty
>smart

I'm watching it for the first time and I really like it.

When it comes to animation, visuals and animation itself can taker center stage.
The show is a lot like older japanese samurai movies or spaghtetti westerns where the visuals are used to make a simple plot carry a lot of weight and power through visuals and pacing. Though when it does have goofy stuff or humor I think its handled in a much more reserved and timeless way than something like rick and morty.

It also has a very distinct visual style thats usually not found elsewhere, at least not in the west on a childrens network. Reminds me of kino like Marcel Jankovics movies:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rtzy_RJQ7G0

The only anime I've enjoyed more than SJ for art style is Kaiba. No stories have ever interested me as much. Mushishi is probably the only one as comfy as SJ.

But it took me multiple to add up to what I like about SJ. There is no one anime for me on par with art, music, story, direction and rewatchability all in one package like Jack. Jack just does it for me.

BECAUSE LIKE THE ORIGINAL CARTOON IT'S A BREATH OF FRESH AIR

ALL ADULT ANIMATION IN THE WEST NOW IS JUST PEOPLE STANDING AROUND AND TALKING

WHEN SAMURAI JACK ORIGINALLY AIRED THE MAJORITY OF CARTOONS WERE ALSO JUST PEOPLE STANDING AROUND AND TALKING

the only cartoons airing that I feel are even exceptions are Venture Bros and adventure time

I can't wait for season three of young justice

its not even the best animated product of the last couple years

I liked Batman vs Robin. The rest are okay.

looks too weeby

>Avatar
It's like you want people to realize you're still a child.

Pic related is greatest animated product.

No, it's great but not the best.

Batman: The Animated Series and the Justice league are.

To me, The Venture Bros. takes that spot

Pure cancer

>pulled into the center of the Earth
Truly horrifying, like I have trouble comprehending that.

Fucking this.

Samurai Jack is the greatest animation of all time if you happen to be male and betwwen the ages of 6 to 25 otherwise you probably have better taste

thinkgen of watching SJ and venture bros, any other recommends?

Sym-Bionic Titan, it's by the same guy who made SJ

My nigga

Personally I thought the Justice League cartoon was generally more enjoyable. Frankly I never understood the adoration for SJ, same with Dexter's Lab & The Power Puff Girls. They were good but they never really stood above even their contemporaries like Courage The Cowardly Dog or Animaniacs or Ed Edd and Eddy.

With the Justice League cartoon, the episodes generally flowed together and felt as if they were fleshing out a narrative, whereas SJ to me always seemed episodic in nature. Episodes like the one where he learns to 'jump good' literally ending on his seemingly jumping into a portal back to the past and Aku is utter surprise just for that incident to never be mentioned again springs to mind. Jack too, was a static character. Almost always stoic, a passive actor who merely reacted to whatever new baddie of the week he was put up against. There was no character arc in the original SJ, from the first episode to the last he was exactly the same.

*blocks your path*

its up there.

definatly one of the bests.

>Certainly the best transformers too
Mah nigga

for me personally?

Evangelion
Samurai jack
venture bros
king of the hill

Lmao
>implying there are filler episodes

Even the one where he's getting fucked with by the old Earth master it still shows character progression

((((((((FUCK))))))))) outta here

pretty much this

Love SJ but definitely have to agree. I just watched the series for the first time a couple years ago and was spellbound by the animation.