Guys youare not going to belive this but i actually fixed roundabouts

guys youare not going to belive this but i actually fixed roundabouts

i call it the highway roundabout, every intersection should have this ASAP

Thank you, in patenting it tomorrow

What is this monstrosity?

Rolly polly passing thru ollie

How does this fix the roundabout other than making a sweet jump ramp on the east side there?

>requires multiple times the construction cost and just forces everyone to drive a longer distance to get to where they need to go
nice.

how is this not just a roundabout

in congested intersections you need huge roundabouts, not with this. it saves space but gives you more road between exits so traffic flows better

This seems to have no practical difference from proper roundabouts whatsoever.

you would probably need to make the radius bigger than a conventional roundabout to account for the grade of the road

this wouldnt happen
also no need for roundabout ettiquete
curved ramps m8 no different than a clover intersection, theyre quite small and clovers require 4 of them.

I came to this thread expecting an american flag desu

I don't see how the length would significantly alter the amount of congestion there. The problem seems to stem from having multiple lane roundabouts in the first place.

I admire your creativity though

lol
i need to run it in a traffic simulation program to check it lol. maybe ramp should be inside out that way you dont do a full revolution for the first exit. the point is that for each exit you jump one exit so traffic from previous doesnt block yours.

Here's a better solution: no cars

Fuck you communist

Sounds good.
You should get working on that right away.
I'll be working on making everyone be nice.

ohio has roundabouts and it fucked me up the first time i got to one but they're definitely better than standard intersections

Do these changes make sense?

no because now if you come from B and have to take the 2nd turn in a normal roundabout (the one opposite of you) you have to go 1½ rounds

-
the ultimate solution which will cause less accidents and drain your infrastructure budget

So it will cost really a lot?

>that way you dont do a full revolution

would drive on/10

You would need to make the radius bigger because the ramp would be too steep.

What's a there fun traffic simulators

Roudabouts work if:
1. People generally obey give way laws
2. There is enough land to build it
3. Traffic is not too heavy and at least moves 5-10km/h

Other than these conditions, a controlled intersection is better or a hybrid roundabout with traffic lights at the entrances.

I've actually given this question this thought before, to the point of scribbling some diagrams down and trying to work out the topological constraints
Turns out the rest of Sup Forums have exactly the same type of autism as I do