/who/ - Doctor Who General

The Lodger edition

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

radiotimes.com/news/2017-03-31/doctor-who-series-10-will-see-first-doctor-played-david-bradley
radiotimes.com/news/2017-03-31/doctor-who-casts-craig-ferguson-for-christmas-special
radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-01/if-it-was-up-to-steven-moffat-we-still-wouldnt-know-peter-capaldi-was-leaving-doctor-who
careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Assistant-Script-Editor-Golygydd-Sgript-Cynorthwyol-Doctor-Who/20495
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how do you get over crippling loneliness, /who/ ?

More like the todger amirite

I shitpost

Why do they have to announce that Bill is a lesbian? like who fucking cares, they say they don't want to make a big deal of it but they are, the reason Captain jack was successful is because they didn't plaster that he was BI until the episode actually aired, so it smoothly transitioned. Here they are literally shoving it in everyone's faces. Mackie is right you can see she didn't want to do that interview, just show Bill being a lesbian in ep 1 then let the shitty newsites do their articles.

>What's everyone's favourite member of the Foreman sideshow? Mine's Melmoth the Map of Scars.
It's got to be the first incarnation for me. I love the blind prophet thing combined with the stigmata, just some really semiotically dense shit. I imagined him played by a young David Hyde Pierce.

Seven billion people out there. They're all just wondering, thinking, dreaming — like you, user. Just talk to them. A lot of them feel the same way.

You're lucky to be a human being. You get to be a dazzling, brilliant thinking creature on an equally dazzling and brilliant planet — and, yes, you are brilliant, user. So just say hello. Because, someday, you might really be alone. Everyone might be.. gone.

Some people care about that sort of thing and like to find out about it, plus the BBC likes to keep the show in the headlines. You seem pretty upset user.

Is Pearl straight irl tho?

Hey Guys
Carol Ann Ford is in her nineties, how can she come back?

Is there another clip?
I only saw the one with the interview of Pearl

She's 76.

Time to go back on your timestream and lock yourself in your basement, whilst you hook up with your granddaughter.

CG I
G
I

Susan did a lord of the rings elf on it, and decided to become human and thus aged.

If Time Lords aren't in regular contact with a Tardis they start to age. Susan has been on Earth for decades now, so her age would make sense.

It's going to be news for one 24-hour news cycle and then disappear when the next British actor gets announced as a character in a Marvel movie or some star has a blowup at the paparazzi or whatever. Only the SJW Tumblr brigade and the SIW Sup Forums brigade will still be talking about it in two weeks, and nobody else will care.

Meanwhile, it got Doctor Who one extra mention on the news, so maybe a few more people will remember on the 15th "wait, is there a new Doctor Who on?" and decide to check it out on iPlayer later if they hear good things about it.

>the BBC likes to keep the show in the headlines

>Implying people still care about Doctor "It's still going on?" Who.

But Susan isn't a Time Lord. They've established that being a Time Lord is something you have to earn and for all we know non-TL Gallifreyans age at the same rate as humans. This is also the only way leaving her on Earth with David makes sense.

You may have missed the point of marketing.

The BBC doesn't give a shit what we think about Doctor Who, because we're going to watch it anyway.

They do give a shit about the people who forgot it's still going on, because if they're reminded that it is, a few of them might watch it. Therefore, any mention in the news is good news, even if it's a news story about nothing.

>decided

He looks a bit like Adam there. Coincidence?

>If Time Lords aren't in regular contact with a Tardis they start to age
Where do you get that from? Most Time Lords aren't in regular contact with a TARDIS.

Doctor Who was just banned on a governmental level in Russia.
Wow.

>Putin confirmed as Time Lord.

Also there was that bit in Time of the Doctor where the TARDIS was gone for like 100 years or something.

Why?

lel

It's a joke I imagine.

because companion is gay

Source?

Not to mention that Eight went for 120 years without a TARDIS in the novels and over 800 years in the audios, and he still looks like pic related…

But then I guess once you accept the novels, you've already got the whole plot about Susan stuck on Earth having to fake getting older to not arouse suspicion, so the question doesn't come up in the first place.

Read doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/Loz ; NuWho has copied a lot of plot elements etc from the stories of a Dr Who author from the early 2000s. Steven Moffat in particular has stolen - sorry, "borrowed" - a lot of shit from him, and even if most of it is probably coincidence, it's pretty fun to joke about. I'm pretending that in the S10 finale, Moffat has decided to steal the major element of Miles' book "Interference", where the Eighth Doctor accidentally causes the Third Doctor to regenerate early. If 12 did that sort of thing to 1, it would match the First Doctor rumors and also be FUCKING GOAT

I want there to be an story where the mastermind behind the events of the episode(s) is the 7th Doctor who set up the events then erased the memory of it from his mind so that a future Doctor could stumble upon what's happening and get involved. I can't really think of a reason why the 7th would do something like that but I'm sure it would be GOAT.

But they are near Time Lord tech. Susan as far as we know is not near any Time Lord apparatus, and so probably aged, this is what happened to 11, he went 200 years without aging because he was exposed to the Time energy or some shite in his tardis, but when he was on trenzalore for 300 years without his Tardis he got old.

We met in fancy dress that's how it was to be but I never was prepared to cope with all your idiosincrasyes

And in the cold light of the day
Things don't always look the same I wondered were you really ill or did you always look that wayy

I feel having Bill be a gay black Woman is a perfect throwback to the first doctor. I mean the fandom is always quoting his famous line "get that faggot nigger off my ship Susan"

Was thinking say BBC let Netflix make a Doctor Who Spinoff, but it was Meta-Crisis 10, he somehow got a regen cycle/became Timelord, his Tardis grew etc, he'd face different threats to our own universe, become a much darker Doctor, (more adult themed) rose dumped him, David Tenant would stay one series then another actor would take over. Could just say Donna's personality traits faded and the Doctors took over complete control again.

It would never happen but it would be interesting seeing a parallel Doctor, instead of regenerating into Matt Smith, his 11th/second incarnation) would be someone completely different.

I think a lot of it is not coincidence; Moffat genuinely enjoys taking scenes from the novels (not just Loz's) and then reworking them so they end up meaning something different.

And I'm not complaining. When it works, it often makes the novel more fun to reread, like Fitz's speech about how the Doctor inspires people to be like him after seeing Rory give the same speech in Vampires of Venice, but at the end Fitz is predicting Trading Futures while Rory is predicting The God Complex, and they're both right.

Of course it doesn't always work—Clara pretending to be the Doctor only to be caught out by CyberDanny in Death in Heaven is just nowhere near as cool as Fitz doing it in Trading Futures and actually defeating the Onihr. But still, the fact that sometimes it fails is no reason to not try it.

Reminder that the Doctor is keeping K9 in the basement.

>The Doctor walks into the basement to fetch something
>K9 rolls forward, slowly — the room is completely silent save the sound of his motor and wheels, and the clanking of a chain that's tied to his collar.
>K9's voice is muffled by a metal muzzle as he says
>"Walk, Master?"
>The Doctor gets what he needs and leaves without saying a word.
>K9's head bows and he slowly rolls back
>"..Affirmative."

More like it's a throwback to the Waris Hussein (gay black man who directed An Unearthly Child)

It was here in the outer limits it was oh such a long long time ago I was so happy happy in the outer limits I just never wanted to go

>American series
>Doctor regenerates into a new actor

post dreamboys

Hey now, Waris was a gay Pakistani director, not a gay black director.

And it's not like everyone involved was gay. Sure, the director and the script editor were, but the female Jewish producer and the asexual foreign writer weren't.

Go to conventions, sci fi events, video game tournament or RPG clubs and meet up with fellow autists.
Worked for me.

in bongland anyone not white is called "black"

David Tennant's looking rough.

>post dreamboys
Well, we missed the 6 trips, but still, two dubs in five posts:

My dad got his dick sucked by Capaldi at a rock concert in Glasgow in 1982.

radiotimes.com/news/2017-03-31/doctor-who-series-10-will-see-the-doctor-trapped-on-earth

clickbait

/fa/ meet up

He's not trapped, he has a mission of Earth and is working a lecturer, but most of the stories take place in different times/worlds.

It's real.

It's real.

Use a trip so people can't just copy your username when they post fake links, as they have been doing.

radiotimes.com/news/2017-03-31/doctor-who-series-10-will-see-first-doctor-played-david-bradley

ITS HAPPENING

He's trapped for part of one episode.

Just like Blink, which the article explicitly references as a similar example.

Making the headline a little misleading.

Nice numbers

It's real.

Radio Times can be such wank, Capaldi makes a tiny comment like that and they try to spin it out. We know for a fact he's off to fucking Mars or whatever this series so comparing it to Pertwee's era is ridiculous. If he's trapped on Earth for whatever reason it's not going to last beyond the first episode.

The deposit cleared.

>reports suggest that queen will feature in the finale episode

BRAVO MOFFAT

Fuck offerino!

It's not real.

>Sources say the actor, last scene in Mark Gatiss' An Adventure in Space and Time as part of the 50th Anniversary celebrations in 2013, will emerge from the university cellar where he has been kept all series dancing to a popular rock hit in a shocking series twist which will be resolved in the upcoming Christmas special; Peter Capaldi's last outing as the Time Lord.

Fuck.

He's real.

>a popular rock hit
Outer Limits, or Bela Lugosi's Birthday?

radiotimes.com/news/2017-03-31/doctor-who-casts-craig-ferguson-for-christmas-special

It's real. But this is not an in-universe source according to wiki policies, and therefore we cannot use anything in it.

>Jan Švankmajer
Pure kino maker

take out everything after the last forward slash in the url to find out tomorrows news

It's not real.

kek

>radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-01/if-it-was-up-to-steven-moffat-we-still-wouldnt-know-peter-capaldi-was-leaving-doctor-who
wait what

How much recycled shit do they have lined up in advance!?

recycled shit he's said in an interview already

Anyone wanna be a Dr Who script editor?

careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Assistant-Script-Editor-Golygydd-Sgript-Cynorthwyol-Doctor-Who/20495

huh. that's pretty weird.

Who wants to bring down the government?

Why would they put it in Welsh if any viable candidate would have to be fluent in English?

>careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Assistant-Script-Editor-Golygydd-Sgript-Cynorthwyol-Doctor-Who/20495
In case any Welsh people come across it and want to share it with people they know?

>The Ideal Candidate

>The ideal candidate will have practical experience of television production and a demonstrable interest in television drama, and experience dealing with drama script writers.

>You will be a confident Researcher, with research experience, and evidence of an inventive, rigorous and pro-active approach to research.

Do you think shitposting on /who/ counts?

>KANZO: It's okay. Not going to hurt you. Don't run.
>implying the soldier isn't Jimmy Savile

What did you mean by this, assistant script editor? Erased!

>doctor who is back in 2 weeks
still doesn't feel like it desu

Same desu

new cyberman design confirmed for 2018

Chibbermen

>So you've gone into geriatrics, then?
>Ah, Doctor Jones. Haha! It's been ages!

How do we refer to each Cyberman?

We already have:
>Cybusmen
>Mondasians / Telosians
>Iron Men (2013)
>Flybermen (2014)

I propose the following:

REVENGE = Campermen
2018 = Chibbermen
EARTHSHOCK = John Nathan Cybers
MOONBASE = Moondasians
TOMB = Hivermen