Christopher Nolan and Sofia Coppola Urge Fans To Watch Films in Cinemas, Not On Netflix

When you use Netflix, you hurt Hollywood's bottom line.
Be normal and go to the theaters. Pay these artists what they deserve.

>Presenting their forthcoming films at CinemaCon, the annual convention organised by the National Association of Theatre Owners, the directors said that they hoped fans opted to watch them at movie theatres, where they were "meant to be seen." Nolan made his comments during a presentation of his second world war drama Dunkirk, at which he previewed footage from the film. "This is a story that needs to carry you through the suspenseful situation, and make you feel like you are there, and the only way to do that is through theatrical distribution," Nolan told the audience. "I am depending and relying on all of you to try to present this film in the best way possible." Coppola echoed Nolan's comments during a Focus Features presentation for The Beguiled, a remake of the Clint Eastwood civil war drama starring Colin Farrell and Nicole Kidman.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JBx-vydxfKU&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

oy vey, go watch our movies in theathers and give me your shekels

Films do look better in theaters, desu.

For her, anything.

>I WANT MORE MONEY
>GIVE ME MORE MONEY
No, thanks.

Hollywood needs to die

Some of Nolan's films, for sure. Really no difference for her's.

name one good netflix movie.

I'll wait.

>paying for movies
>paying for netflix
top kek

Why does anybody use netflix anyways ? Do normies in the west don't know you don't have to play to watch movies on the internet lol ?

I'll go watch a movie in theaters when you make a movie worth watching

She ruined Godfather part III, i think i'll do opposite of whatever she says.

>Go to Movie Theater
>Have to pay Singles Fee to get in
>Theater still makes me pay for two tickets because "You're so big you fill too seats." Fucking fatshamers
>Popcorn costs $15
>Coca Cola costs $8
>Total cost to see one American flick $48 bucks
>Get shot in theater

>Netflix
>Just $15 bucks a month for a ton of movies and TV Shows
>Has a top selection of Anime
>Progressive titles like Gracie and Frankie and Dear White People
>Get to watch in comfy bed while I eat my Pizza

Can't fight the future Hollywood cucks. Technology always wins.

I might consider it if the sounds weren't so fucking LOUD.

Shit is like that watching at home now, too. I hate that about modern movies. They're barely enjoyable. Any dialogue that isn't screaming is almost inaudible unless you turn it up, then the sound effects and music are fucking ear shattering levels. It's fucking terrible.

netflix is mostly trash, but maybe if you make films worth seeing for $14, I'll go see them

Give me money. Money me, money now. Me a money needing a lot now.

>Pay these artists what they deserve

If actors earned what they deserve, they'd be paid a few thousand dollars per movie.

I don't get paid 10 million dollars for every project I do. Why is acting in a movie considered to be worth so much more than other jobs?

>Pay these artists what they deserve
'0'

Just saw life at the cinema (6/10) and visually it was pretty amazing aside from the lights weren't as dim as I'd have hoped, definitely better than watching it on my laptop, and I ate before going so didn't get scammed by £8 popcorn. Reckon sci fi is the only worthwhile cinema experience

>Films do look better in theaters, desu.

too dark, they skimp on light projection to save money

every project you do is a kfc family bucket though, these people work for studios who make fat stacks of millions

Because 98% of actors are getting absolutely jew'd out of the actual profit of the film they are in. Even stars don't usually see anything close to what execs make. It's a lot of money, but in the grand scheme actors are wage cucks to people making hundreds of millions.

Netflix is cinema evolution.

Yeah fuckinright because its the way they were "meant to be seen". its because they make more MONEY per film in theatres

Cinemas need to fucking die, it's an outdated concept.

You should watch movies either alone, or with group of friends you know, not with some subhumans you don't know that behave like fucking animals.

I agree filmmakers should make more money but that's not my problem.

In the upcoming decades only major blockbusters will be allowed in cinema. I'm not joking.

If the movie doesn't have at least a 100 million dollar budget, it's not going to be shown in cinemas. This is the way of the future. Get ready

This is 2017
You can have a badass sound system and a 70 inch TV at home, and these are not even particularly unfeasible goals. In fact, you can make your own god damn popcorn, it's easy and it'll turn out better than in the theaters for one one thousandth of the price.

No all of here movies look better in theaters in film school they had a few small big screens we could use for viewings and I managed to see most of her films on them and I think there's something nice about watching hers on a full screen, especially with how stylized they are.

I do neither, I hate Netflix and I get getting out of the house.

well, make something worth watching and i'll happily go to the cinema again.

its not the 80's now, friendo's

If Hollywood stopped making reboots and capeshit i would probably go to the cinema more than once a year.

When Netflix can produce Beasts of no nation and Hollywood gives us a Ghostbusters reboot....what the fuck do they expect

sure, the worst actress I've ever seen (Godfather III) can afford to go to the theater whenever she wants. She even gets in when the no-singles policy is in effect because she's a fucking vagina owner and the rules don't apply to her.

I go see good movies at theater and save the shitty ones for Netflix

>muh shekels

You're not fooling anyone, (((Hollywood))).

This thread sums up why we need a /cine/ or at least a /film/ board.

>you hurt Hollywood's bottom line.

>Go to the theater.
>Autismo checks his phone every 5 minutes
>Guy actually answers his phone in the theater
>Kids won't sit still
>Kid with autism rocking in seat
>Scumbag with his feet up on the seat
>Actually hear the sound of the movie playing in the next theater
>Fat fuck ruffles his fat fingers in his popcorn for the whole movie
>Black people talking

The theater experience is fucking awful and it deserves to die

Jokes on them, I don't watch them on Netflix

I'll pirate them and add it to my Plex server

Mein Negga

yeah I fucking hate it too, it's like they're trying to force emotional response from special effects and action scenes
I stopped watching movies when my roommates are asleep because it's not worth raising and lowering the volume all the fucking time while you're watching
when will they stop this and what's the name of it

>Theaters are where movies are meant to be seen.
Then don't release them to Netflix, Blu Ray, etc.
>B-but muh shekels ):
Then don't bitch.

"high def"
"blu rays"
every movie I've got to ride the volume control.

Somebody could probably figure out who you are based on just that picture.

>Go to cinema.
>Projectionist dosent even focus the film, nor is it even on screen "Half of it is on the curtain!"
>Cut movie at credits, never show the bonus section during or after credits.
>Chair is sticky.
>Kids screaming.
>Cant afford the popcorn and drink.
I went with my girlfriend once, and got 2 popcorns, 2 drinks "THATS $50 SIR" I shit myself.
>Horrible experience ruined every step of the way.

or
>Stay at home.
>Pay $5 or whatever.
>Have my own snacks.
>Watch it on my big screen fucking TV with my speakers "THAT MIGHT I ADD! DON'T FLUTTER CAUSE THEY GOT BUSTED IN 1998!"

How do you take screenshots?

I'll give up Netflix and torrenting if Sofia Coppola casting couches me

a bigger screen won't help if your movie is shit

>that picture

Considering the average movie theater sounds like this youtube.com/watch?v=JBx-vydxfKU&feature=youtu.be

I think I will pass

you dirty fucking weasel

>Christopher Bravo Nolan trying to talk about how he immersion of films needs to be kept alive
>while presenting his pg-13 ww2 film starring Harry Styles and Meme Hardy wearing a mask again

Not to mention the fact that nobody at a theater seems to be able to focus the fucking projector.

>Trying to appeal against convenience

Morons.

Pls go Sofia.

I watch all new American films with subtitles on. Can't do that in a movie theater.

Can't pause it to take a piss either

This bitch and that jew be trippin.

>he's a piratefag

Nah, if the Oscars are too white, and Hollywood is too white, and America and Europe are too white, then sorry "liberals," my money is too white for you.

Take some chances and do something original and I might agree. Until then, fuck Hollywood.

>Coppola echoed Nolan's comments during a Focus Features presentation for The Beguiled, a remake of the Clint Eastwood civil war drama starring Colin Farrell and Nicole Kidman.

There's your problem

Shut up you filthy, thieving gypsy

Theaters need a better business model. As in, people won't come out and spend $30 on popcorn and tickets anymore.

In all seriousness, what could they do? Double as arcades? Then the malls wouldn't attract so many creepers.

Be open all night, charge less for supermarket candy and cheapest crop in the world, corn.
that's why I know me and my friends don't go. shitty hours, expensive prices, not allowed to bring in your own food or drink. they mark it up because they don't make much on ticket sales. well fuck you for having a gigantic building and running the air conditioner.

>not watching movies in your own comfy home theater

This.

But just add headphone jacks so you don't have to suffer the apes honking behind you and you can turn the volume up or down

I wonder when was the last time she was in the cinema to watch some other movie besides of one of her own.
It is such a ignorant thing to say.

>>not watching movies in your own comfy home theater

laughingwhores.png
>he bought a projector
DUDE FUCK BLACK LEVELS

Why do they film on film if film is so expensive and doesn't project correctly?

>Be open all night

Then they'd have to pay the employees more. They need to think of something that won't cost them much, but still attract people.

The entire process of buying tickets/candy could be automated with ticketmaster and vending machines, and they could prevent theater hopping with some kind of digital verification of the customer's ticket at each theater door.

>Complaining about "hurting Hollywood" when your movie is a fucking remake.

When you pay your employees $9 an hour, that's one ticket, per employee, per hour. I'm sure they've got a lot more customers than that. hell, a soda is $4.50, sell two and you get an hours work out of them.

>going to a cinema
>going outside
nah

But the employees already aren't doing much of anything. It would be bad considering we need jobs more now than ever, but purely from the perspective of the theater, it would be better to stay open all night, automate most of the process and pay nobody but janitors and one person to make sure nobody is trying to break the machines or sneak in without valid tickets.

I would gladly pay extra for a theater that has proper setup,decent lineup and is open at 2AM.

>a soda is $4.50

Plus no one has any business selling soda for that much. Refills or not, that's not a good model.

The business isn't entitled to stay afloat if it can't make some more innovative changes other than overcharging.

>Pay these artists what they deserve.

I would if movie weren't shit nowadays, only time I payed for was for Nightcrawler and Raid 2

>decent lineup

The lineup is just whatever's out at the time, that won't get people to come out.

>Singles Fee

Is this real or it's a meme?

Late night there wont be normies anyway so they can play classics or current movies that they wont dare show in prime time.
Its a shame that no such places exist.

Because it's a simple way to practice elitism

>muh black levels!
>not knowing anything about proper home theater projection

KEK

That sounds like it could work.
Also apparently this is a problem. So, they're just really stupid and blaming everyone else for their inability to stop hemmhoraging money.

>hasn't seen lost in translation
>or somewhere
>or virgin suicides
>or the fucking bling ring

hemorrhaging*

Not that guy but Somewhere was pretty good.

the bling ring was trash tho

B R A V O

I would but I cannot stand people talking over movies. Midnight screenings are cool though.

Are you real or a meme?

I live in Canada and we don't have this bullshit

I don't think I've ever had any one of those things happen in a cinema. One time there was an autistic kid making weird noises but other than that, nothing bad has happened.

>paying

I'm so glad I found an arthouse cinema a quick train ride away from me. Tickets are cheaper, film choice is much better, classic films every week, and the people who go are respectful and never speak a word during the film.

It's heaven.

No movie is worth $14 plus food, not even the best movies.
The only times i go are when friends pay for me and even then it's a waste if i pay for my own food.

Netflix is better, but you still pay for it, and even though you can start a free trial account every time another runs out it's still a bother, and then if your internet isn't perfect the quality shifts down to like 144p, so fuck it too.

Torrenting movies in BDRemux quality and watching them with comfy subs laying in bed at night with main lights turned down and only the table light on while smoking or eating is the only way movies were actually meant to be seen.

Only theater I'll go to is Alamo Drafthouse because it's actually an enjoyable experience. Other than that, most theaters suck. A crunch bar isn't $5, fuck you.

Lmao, they need to make better films then.
>paying to watch a Sofia Coppola or Nolan movie in theatres

Yeah, they like to Jew them out of dvd sales and streaming too. Fight Club didn't do well in theatres, but did pretty well on dvd and rentals etc., heard Norton didn't see shit from those profits.

Computer enhance! It's over user, Weinstein already ordered agents to your house five minutes ago.

>Get shot in theater