ANIME IS SAVED

>40% on Rotten Tomatoes

Hollywood found out the hard way. Now they'll leave our medium alone. Eat that pavement, Hollywood. Death Note's imminent failure will close this chapter and we won't receive the non-stop fucking that comic fans and videogame fans have had to endure.

Death Note isn't hollywood though
it's netflix

>Weeb adaptations are shit
>western adaptations are shit
Is anime just a shit medium?

reddit confirmed.
All movies with bad reviews are /ourmovies/.

Anime was never threatened. Movies were. I'm gonna see this movie tommorow and we will get a definitive review. I'll also add a paragraph dedicated to the future of live action anime adaptations.

Baby Blues is outdoing it.

Its not, Beauty and The Beast is, Boss Baby is, Power Rangers is...this shit is DOA.

>my review and the future of anime
Why is your opinion inportant to us?

>movies were
You kikes threatened yourselves. Can't wait to see your degenerate industry and medium die.

Do you even know who the fuck you're talking too?

Prance off, sissy newfag

>Power Rangers is
>38% on RT

Just like BvS and Iron Fist it isn't being judged by the movie's own merits, just a bunch of political masturbation from "thought leaders" on disney's payroll. Sad! Undoubtedly people will look back at this film in 15 years and wonder how these scores were possible.

>Responding to such obvious fucking bait
Stop

Its actually higher than Gits...

If they made an actual good anime that even normies like such as Cowboy Bebop, that would actually be a Hollywood hit.
Ghost in a Shell is popular among anime fans but normies may have never heard of it.
Hell, make a fucking Pokemon movie and that'll break a billion.

Fuck off to Reddit, tripfag cancer

>we
>our
>us

Jesus Christ

They need to make anime inspired movies.

Take the aesthetics and vibe of Cowboy Bebop and make that into something. Don't make the same damn thing otherwise it will be garbage.

Kys your opinion is redundant

the dubbed version of the movie used to play on late night tv along with akira
a fair amount of normies know it

>daily reminder that the West does anime better

Sure thing buddy, now go back to your containment board

>ANIME IS SAVED
Motherfucker have you seen how much of a fucking disaster Arise is? Current anime is just as bad as Hollywood shit.

>dood asshole kids lmao

Underworld got low scores as well and it turned into a whole franchise.
This movie can, too.
I liked it. 8/10 - the original is an 8/10 as well.
Both did things good that the other did not and vice versa.

>Death Note's imminent failure will close this chapter and we won't receive the non-stop fucking that comic fans and videogame fans have had to endure.

Hollywood's been doing this for over a decade now. I don't think they'll ever learn.
Remember Dragonball Evolution?

Did you even watch it?

Of all the websites I thought Sup Forums of all else would not listen to critics and their review scores. Are you guys seriously that retarded?

>Anime was great
>Adaptations are shit

Let's rethink this

Just saw it. They literally say the movie title in a sentence several times. Meme writes itself

How did that ever hit a screen. Fuck.

Only the money matters. I doubt Hollywood exes know what RT is

>literally
Waiting for this meme to end. It's societal and brainless. Sorry to quote you, you probably weren't aware you typed it.

>a terrible adaptation based on a terrible adaptation of a legit bad manga was panned!
>that means anime is saved somehow

literally what is wrong with you?

Nigga, most of cowboy beebop is traced from Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee movies

>now they'll leave "our" medium alone

No chance. No property is safe, as long as Hollywood is fueled by franchises and the foreign markets.

Well they didn't figuratively say it.

Major is a cool design though/

>Legit bad manga

Is this nigga serious?