Watch shin Godzilla

>watch shin Godzilla
>youtube.com/watch?v=p8f2pMxXJwA starts playing

I think I haven't felt this kind of ecxitment during a movie since seeing the Rohirim charge in Return of the King.

What did you all think of the movie now that the fixed subs have been out for a few days?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LHlbHer8r9g
youtube.com/watch?v=a744A2obkS8
my.mixtape.moe/qjpkvw.ass
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=911742
youtube.com/watch?v=BKCEiNk198E
youtu.be/mdU8dyjgXU0?t=1m21s
youtube.com/watch?v=N4EscsCBMkE
youtube.com/watch?v=uirF6FDKxSU
youtube.com/watch?v=72a7F1SF8Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=CiY5j5QvcdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-RvaOY5bTcg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's cool until you see Godzilla. Cool again when he uses his beam. It stops being cool here.

I am convinced that the issue of notoriously crappy CG in japanese movies goes beyond budgetary constraints. Japanese CG consistently falls at least a decade behind compared to american movies or even tv ads.

Maybe Japanese VFX artists use different programs or maybe hollywood studios or corporations hold the rights to important techniques like those methods for creating textures and explosions and such.

It's not Anno's fault there is not a SINGLE japanese movie in existence with passable cg.

post yfw cranes

pretty good desu, just finished watching it

when he finishes evolving to using his beams are great

Maybe their cgi is just how Japs see the world and to them it looks real and ours looks fake to them. I don't know how to go about asking a jap this.
>hey japanon, do you see the world differently through those squinty jap eyes of yours?
>sword to the fucking kidney

Godzilla's atomic breath was the only visual effect in the movie that was superior to the 2014 legendary counterpart. I wish they'd used more miniatures they looked so much better than the cg it's shocking...

Is it the 34.89 gb version that is good and has eng subs?

>getting excited for a movie like a child

Something wrong user?

I had the 5gb version and it was fine

No, this is not really a matter of perception. CG can be measured in numbers as in how many details are rendered into a cg object (like the pixar movies animating such and such many more millions of strands of hair for their female characters with each movie: there was an intersting comparison done with the characters from Brave and Tangled and how much CG had improved during that time frame.)

Anyways, you'd have to measure but I'm fairly sure the cg in shin godzilla is equivalent to something like the T-Rex (or maybe just the diplodocus) from Jurassic Park which came out in the early 90s...

Which type of cg you prefer is completely subjective but I'd wager people find modern cg more appealing than old cg, even the Japanese.

that's the remux, there's an encode that's around 12gb with the same quality

I thought Shin's cg for Godzilla was way better than 2014. It really looked like they used an actual suit at first.

Why would you consume any form of medium if you don't have an emotional response. If art can't evoke a feeling in you or you consider such a reaction childish, just stick to science like maths and physics...

Did anyone else really enjoy the bureaucratic satire at the beginning when the government reacted to Godzilla's first attack?

>anno directs movie
>reuses eva music
BRAVO

I think the complaints about the CGI are getting a little out of hand. In select scenes they are weak. But overall it's quite great when taking into account the relativity low budget. Shin Godzilla cost $15 million to make. Your average blockbuster falls between $150-$200 million.

No. This isn't the movie eliciting a response if youre excited before you see it.

Yeah manchildren pollute the world

Let's not kid ourselves now
youtube.com/watch?v=LHlbHer8r9g
looks about as terrible as
youtube.com/watch?v=a744A2obkS8
from a movie which came ou more than 10 years ago and cost a few hundred thousand bucks.

hough I'd say few shots look as bad as the one I posted. Maybe they ran out of money for rendering - that shit is expensive and takes forever.

But the Godzilla scenes still all work great and I enjoyed it much more than Legendary Godzilla so that really shows that the quality of cgi has little bearing on the overall quality of a movie...

They are only interested in economical CG that won't break the bank, as long as it fits the style of the picture. Japanese art and media has always been relatively unconcerned with picture perfect realism, and Japanese audiences don't expect CG to be flawlessly real. This goes back to the days of old plays where their special effects would just be guys in suits that match the background waving streamers around.

>before
Well I wrote during so I don't know where you're getting this from. I don't really understand the argument anyways, I usually don't watch movies completely random, instead I watch those I expect to be good.

>Maybe they ran out of money for rendering - that shit is expensive and takes forever.
They ran out of time. Anno scrapped most of the practical stuff late into production and the effects team suddenly had a much larger workload. The visual effects were farmed out to various studios, some better than others as evident in the final product, and even then it barely got completed in time.

>Anno scrapped most of the practical stuff

What a shame. Why'd he do that?
I'm getting flashbaks of pic related, I kinda hope the Godzilla practicals were sub-par, it would just be too sad otherwise...

The fact that you picked a godzilla movie to watch you subhuman man baby

Serious question, do you consider the original King Kong to be trash as well?

probably because you have to actually direct practical effects and he was ""stressed"" and ""depressed"" ie lazy.

We aren't talking about op choosing to watch that and my opinion on it has no bearing on his manbaby status

Post the last three movies you watched user. I consider myself to be pretty pleby but somehow I doubt you're doing much better...

This is the model they had, but I understand why they went with CGI. Consistency of all the special effects shots, being able to do stuff a puppet can't do.
They still used a lot of miniatures they mixed with CGI monster, the destroyed pagodas and other things.

halp, went to the archive to find the subs the nice user made, but the link to the correct rip on nyaa leads to nowhere (deleted) and it's the same for the mega link for the updated subs.
sorry for asking, but I just can't find them anywhere.

Here's a file I have on my computer called [subanons-ZQ 1080p] Shin Godzilla v2.ass, I think it might help you my.mixtape.moe/qjpkvw.ass

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=911742

You say that as if it is mildly comparible to other things polluting the world..like pollution.

thanks mate
that's the older version

Why would they think sticking cranes in zillas mouth would work if nukes didnt? the ending was silly otherwise it was really good

That music is a complete rip-off of this. It distracted me throughout the whole movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=BKCEiNk198E

Where were the qt girls? I thought this was Japan goddamn it!

Eh, most people watching the movie associated it with Evangelion anyway
youtu.be/mdU8dyjgXU0?t=1m21s
There were cute girls, user

Why are Japanese composers all hacks? At least when John Williams rips off someone he rips off Gustav Holst.

Wasn't Shinji Higuchi directing all the miniatures and practical stuff anyway?

He probably was, although that doesn't matter, in a big studio movie such decisions are usually made by more than one person.

>There were cute girls, user
This.

Are there good subs out yet?

ye

The thing is, I haven't seen the movie yet but I think that Godzilla now looks like an actual radiated monster. Short hands, small head, tail bigger than its body, he actually looks genuine.

Nah it's very good throughout.

Exactly this my non-autistic friend. He looks like a damned, disgusting creature, as he should.

Thanks user, but why the hell haven't they released a proper international version? God damn it Japan.

Just finished it, was pretty good, although I wish Godzilla did a bit more in the final battle. I was hoping he had another trick up his sleeve.
Also is there any idea what the tail is at the end? Did the origami guy assimilate himself into Godzilla somehow?

I love how they kept switching boardrooms.

an image I made 4u

Did you actually watch the movie in a language you understood?

Also how can you not realize the parallels to Fukushima

>Also is there any idea what the tail is at the end?
It's his fifth form. He was trying to get away by dispersing into an army of Godzilla people but got frozen up.

>sequel featuring Anno's very own Giant Godzilla Warriors never ever

WE DU NRAT WRANT NUCRERE BROMB
TIRD RONE, FAWK USA

Oh, that's not what I was hoping for. I want him to be one huge monster, but I guess the Japs have seen that for half a century so they want something new.

I've yet to see this cuz I can't find one with subs.

>You know, I had a-
>-Yes

What is the correct course of action in this situation?

Way to go, USA.

Congratulations you're now officially a blind sheep.

And why is he a blind sheep?

Time to stop pretending this is a bad movie.

The soundtrack was amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=N4EscsCBMkE
youtube.com/watch?v=uirF6FDKxSU
youtube.com/watch?v=72a7F1SF8Vk
Are these based off songs from the original movie? It reminds me of 1954 somehow.

The first two are original songs and the last one is a song Akira Ifukube used in a lot of the movies he composed.

youtube.com/watch?v=CiY5j5QvcdQ

youtube.com/watch?v=-RvaOY5bTcg

yeah, that's what it is. thanks