This is a question for non-European...

This is a question for non-European, non-Americas flags; how does you're cunt cover European and related history and how interested are people in your cunt generally about it?

Not much different from American and European countries. Here in Korea, it seems people tend to be more interested in Korean history than Euro-American history, which is natural.

>malta
>arab

kys

Aside from WW1, WW2 and the Middle Ages (which was coverely very poorly), not at all. I think it's pretty ridiculous that we didn't even touch on other important periods like Ancient Greece, Rome, the Renaissance or the Reformation, but for the most part European history is pretty irrelevant to typical Australian, who really doesn't give a shit about European history outside of the world wars.

so you don't study history at school or yous tudy abos history? lmao

I don't think that american history is covered at all and European history is only covered in broad strokes as a part of the world history course. Europe is also mentioned quite a bit in the russian history, but mostly in context of wars with Russia

That's really weird honestly. So do you just retread Australian history over and over or do you learn about other places?

>Ancient Greece, Rome, the Renaissance or the Reformation

wait you're saying you didn't learn about any of this in school?

WE WUZ-ing

I already know the answer, but did anyone mention us?

>we didn't even touch on other important periods like Ancient Greece, Rome, the Renaissance or the Reformation

dont believe you

The parts that are directly relevant to American history (mostly early modern England) are covered, and you get a little in the one year of high school/maybe an additional year of middle school that gets spent on world history. After that you either take AP Euro (rare) or don't learn anything else

Here, for instance, we would cover in depth the Hellenic world and Alexander the Great. Meanwhile if we were talking about east Asia we would hear "Qin Shi Huangdi...irrigation...uh...Legalism". Is it like that there, where you'll learn a lot about Korea in the year 700 while about Europe it's just "Charlemagne...feudalism...uh...Christianity"?

But what did you bring to the History in general ?

five years of high scool

1st year= assyrians ,egyptians , greeks, romans

2 years= middle ages1, barbarian states

3 year middle ages 2, birth of the national states till the discovery of murrica

4 1500, 1600, 1700

5 french revolution, brief history of the american revolution, very brief history of east asia, brief history colonialism, ww1 ww2

Overall 90% is about western europe (esp, in the order france,germany/austria, uk, spain), excluding north europe

>A bit of Greek history in elementry school
>Jews in the middle ages
>A little bit about Napoleon, which leads to...
>The enlightenment period, which leads to...
>Napoleon's emancipation of the Jews, and...
>19th century European Nationalism, especially Greece, Germany, and Italy, which gives context to...
>Early Zionism in Europe
>Then obviously WW1, WW2, and the holocaust

Swedes and you raped Germany in 30 year war

It was great banter

Probably about half of the topics we covered were Australian/Abo related. Other topics were Ancient Egypt, America (the fucking civil rights movement), and obviously the Middle Ages, WW1 and WW2 like I said. Probably a few others that I don't remember, but they must have been unimportant topics.

Now that I think about it the Renaissance might have been covered briefly, but Rome, Greece and the Reformation were definitely not topics.

>but Rome, Greece and the Reformation were definitely not topics.
>Australian education

Yes yes but how much can you tell me about the tale of the Rainbow Serpent?

Checkmate, Yurodumbs

I think the map is showing language groups not ethnic or political ones

This map massively overrepresents minority languages and also puts them inbplaces they shouldnt be (Catalan that far up in France and nobody speaks Breton that far East anymore)

Do they even speak Breton anymore?

A few, it could be the biggest native minority language in France since around 200 000 people speak it. But we have trouble tracking the Occitan speaker count so we do not know for sure.

It formed the world by slithering around or something. Thats bout it.

One battle through thousands of years, is it really worth mentioning it ? No real social drama beside that too.
Also weirdly the treaty of Westphalia is not really tought in depth to us at school. Maybe because our positionning was questionable.

That's actually kind of depressing since according to wiki there's 4 million people in Brittany. But maybe most of them are in the region that would have spoken Gallo previously anyway.

it's really shallow. it'll probably only focus on the major events of recent times like Nazi Germany, French, Russian Revolution etc.

Barely anyone speaks Occitan anymore, just like nobody speaks franco-provençal languages anymore besides a few patois words here and there. The only regional languages that really subsist are Breton, Basque, Corsican and a bit of Alsacian (maybe a bit of Niçois ?). Our republican school made an efficient job at erasing regional particularisms.

Which is still wrong
In trentino 99% speak italian
In south tryrol 90% speak german

This

Here in Norway we only learn about our viking history. Nothing else. I had to learn about the ww1, ww2, and ww3 from Sup Forums. We didn't even learn about ancient greece and late middle ages, nothing about the industrial revolutuon. We didn't touch upon charlemangne forming poland-lithuania commonwealth, or the tsars in china either.

Is there a lot of resentment of that from outside nationalist groups that would support their languages' existence, or a lot of indifference?

Literally a non issue on the national level. Paris has been kind with regional languages, and schools started to get funds to teach these languages,as a third language.
There are no real regionalist movement in France. They're fringe and irrelevant, and have no political powers (regional government have no legislative power, it's all centralized).
The Jacobins won. The people of France are all united under the tricolour flag. Whether we like it or not, that's a fact

Yes of course. I hope Scotland will become independent after as well, i'd like to see an extreme balkanisation of Europe

oops, wrong thread

>Netherlands
>no German minority
>Ukrainians, Belarussians and weird brown goo in Poland
>Ukrainians in Slovakia
>No danish minority in Germany
>That many catalans in France
>Galicians are somehow portuguese
>Russians and Ukrainians occupying 1/2 of our north Romania
>Bulgarians past the danube in the north
>Hungarians somehow more spreadout
>Bulgarians in Albania
>eastern ukraine not russian
>Antioch is ar*b
Who made this map, this is so innacurate for any period of time.

I doubt you have that much viking history to teach about, unless you have extremely few history lessons