Post great British TV shows that Americans probably haven't watched

Post great British TV shows that Americans probably haven't watched.

Broadchurch is a serious and tense crime drama that follows a case over a whole season, and the culprit is shrouded in so much mystery during production that not even the cast members know who did it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ofk9vaKxbns
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Didn't they make one or two more seasons? How are they?

>david memenant

trash.jpg

Utopia
Misfits
Humans

although they all go to shit after the first season

They're on the third season now, which is meant to be the last one.

>when Misfits ended up replacing the whole original cast
Who thought that was a good idea?

This is England and its follow on series are fantastic, the movie is about Skinheads and racism, the follow on series deal with later decades and other subcultures.

Cant recommend this enough.

>Post great British TV shows that Americans probably haven't watched
But they have

none, British TV is fucking abysmal

Murrican here.

This is on Netflix for us. I enjoyed the first season. Beautiful shots, Merchant is great and I've always enjoyed Jodie Whittaker. The only problem is the lack of proper tension when they're infiltrating some abandoned place where a possible murder suspect may be or have been. Since here you'd have detectives sneaking through, guns drawn. But I could suspend my disbelief. Second season was alright but not nearly as good I thought. Black lawyer pissed me off but I suppose that was her purpose.

babestation and countdown

>That jawline

CHEESE...CAKE?!

and takeshis castle

youtube.com/watch?v=Ofk9vaKxbns

It gets mentioned in every thread like this but The Shadow Line is amazing
I'd also recommend The Honourable Woman which has the same writer/director and a few of the same cast members

Wire in the Blood

that's the lad.

British people are fucking awful

The second season is bad. Really bad. It follows two main plots - the legal battle after the guilty party from season one pleads not guilty, and a case from one of the main character's past that might be newly solvable. The legal stuff is a complete mess in terms of reality and just serves to infuriate the audience. The defense gets away with some absurd bullshit and the prosecution drops the ball all over the place. It's an embaressment.

The case is also plagued with problems (nobody to root for; happened several years ago; dumb characters) but is a somewhat decent mystery.

Thankfully, Season Three seems to be a clean break and it's very possible that you could watch this season immediately following season one without any problems (beyond needing to know the fate of the killer which is that he gets off in court but is run out of town). It concerns a sexual assault. I've only seen the first four episodes so far but it's got some interesting twists over the usual murder mystery (having the victim alive for one). Worth checking out I would say, although I don't know if the resolution will hold up.

The series as a whole suffers from the Dramatic Affair in which everyone was having an affair when the crime was committed and must lie about it to the police because they give two shits if you were banging the hotelier while your kid was hug-raped and choked apparently?

>when Misfits ended up replacing the whole original cast
Nathan's actor left after season two because he wanted to spin his success into a Hollywood career. This failed massively (and justly since he kind of fucked the show over hard by leaving). They replaced him with the guy from This Is England, who imo does a good job at filling the same comic relief role of Nathan without being identical. Fans are obviously divided but they didn't really have a choice here.

Simon and Aisha's actor/actress left at the end of season three as their story arc was wrapped up. This was being built up in season two so it is possible this was already planned when Nathan left.

Kelly's actress got done for some crime in between 3/4 and wasn't allowed back so she got written out. They added three new cast members over the course of season four to fill in the gaps.

The black guy left mid-way through season four but nobody cared about him anyway. Going into season five, a new character was added to the core group. He was the super raper who took away powers using rape.

I think the later stuff holds up. It's only really the two new characters at the start of Season Four that are shit. The rest of the new additions are all pretty solid.

are the women on British shows required to be ugly or what?

ACHTUNG!

I love this show. Three season anthology show. Dark horror/comedies. Only 18 episodes total.

Highlights
>Sardines
>A Quiet Night In
>The 12 Days Of Christine
>Cold Comfort
>Nana's Party
>The Bill
>The Riddle Of The Sphinx

The others are still mostly solid. They usually have a fun twist at the very least.

Us Brits mistrust the beautiful. We want our coppers to look like they'd win a scrap not a pageant.

On the BBC it's probably an aspect, if they put hot girls in TV shows it could upset the average female and the BBC is accountable to the public. ITV which is another national network that is funded by advertisement casts a lot of fit slags though, just compare soaps like Eastenders (BBC) to Coronation Street (ITV).

don't forget "The Trial of Elizabeth Gadge"

so what is it?