2018 Winter Olympics

What are you guys looking forward to for the Winter Olympics?! Are you all hyped up for Canada's upcoming domination?

>Alpine Skiing
>Short Track Speed Skating
>Men's Hockey
>Women's Hockey

>Canada's upcoming domination
lol
guess who always leads in overall medal count (pic related), ya fucking leaf

>Overall medal count
>Not #1 in Gold medals

Japan will win the skiing jump. And the snowboard. And hanyu can win gold. Japan will do well in all the skating.

And I want to see best Korea do their best for the dear leader.

>best Korea
there's only going to be one Unified Korea team at the Games, senpai

No. Only in women’s ice hockey. All others are separated.

I have $110 on Canada winning fewer than 8.5 gold medals, get fucked leaf

>yfw a bunch of 16 year old kids from a country founded in 1776 wins the gold medal

Kicking your ass in hockey for Jim Johannason

I also have $100 on the UK womens curling team. Cant be the only one with positions on olympics on Sup Forums right?

>What are you guys looking forward to for the Winter Olympics?!
Mikaela becoming the GOAT

Luge
Bobsled
Fast ski
Ski jump

Winter Olympics is goat because there is so many dangerous sports

I won't probably watch much of it, but I always like to tune in to some curling, speed-skating and maybe shorttrack or biathlon.

All the Skiing, Curling, Hockey M&F

Not so fast, rice man. Kamil "Crippling Depression" Stoch, "Model Man" Dawid Kubacki and the Lutheran Retard Piotr Żyła will sweep ski jumping resulting in Kasai committing seppuku at Okurayama.

Kobayashi is your only good skijumper, he has a chance for medal, but Stoch and Fraitag are the favourites

I'm just waiting to see how many defect, and how many turn out to be spies (may overlap).
That's a lovely picture.

It's a we'll know fact that Michael Phelps ate 10 pc. chicken nuggets before he won gold in Rio.

Who's championship decision will make the difference in PyeongChang?

every member of the women's USA hockey team will eat three (3) Rodeo King burgers from Burger King before winning the Gold Medal game

Hokkei, meme sports like snowboarding and zero gold medals for Binland.

>not the snowboard team who actually do rodeo flips

>American """"""cuisine""""""

No Rooskies
No NHL
No interest

>Canada
Who?

I unironically literally believe Norway will get atleast 17 gold medals this year. Screenshot this post.

This

>not posting female curling
pretty gay tbdesu

that is a stupid bet, we're due 4 from hockey and curling alone

>What are you guys looking forward to for the Winter Olympics?
waifus

stay away from Mikaela, cabrón

I think your little island sent an autistic kid to the ski jump once. They made a Disney movie about it.

>japan winning snowboard

Which event, USA has Men's and Women's Pipe locked down

>tfw there's gonna be Big Air

And you stay away from Anna, or else...

I'm really hyped for the ski jumping, nordic combined and crosscountry skiing. Also biathlon

is there a Deathmarch at the Winter Games? what's the longest cross-country event?

50km

Hope we get fucking nothing, most of our medal hopes are Scottish.

Cross-country escape from Pyongyang.

Lindsey Vonn winning gold, and then kneeling at the podium in protest of Trump.

USA is winning Gold in Hockey this year, screencap this you stupid fucking leafs

>not having a picture saved to post

You're joking right? Do you have any decent players outside NHL?

funny part is this probably will get someone more 'fame' than winning a gold sport in ice twirling will in their whole lives. this would actually be a good career move

what the fuck is the NHL's problem not letting their players play in the Olympics? it has the world's best players and the league needs all the exposure it can get

ask /hoc/

The Jews in New York got buttmad that Canada kept winning gold over and over. They can't promote sell the game in the desert if America sucks at it.

IOC wants to have its cake and eat it too. They refused to pay insurance on the players (who do get injured and miss the back half of the season) and refuse to give NHL ad revenue or content permission.

NHL doesnt want to shut its season down for 2 weeks (its the only american sport that does for tue olympics) without compensation for its owners

but this is the winter olympics, so fuck off with your summer golds

Biathlon
Also some random shit >we win

>guess who always leads in overall medal count (pic related), ya fucking leaf
>pic related
this, but unironically

You know we’ll fucking destroy you, right?

the US have had the most medals the last two Winter Games, Olaf

>Like silvers and bronzes matter

Congrats, you had the most first and second losers

>2014
Norway
>2010
Canada
>2006
Germany
>2002 in USA
Wait for it... Norway kek

Try again next time :3

Also only gold does count

>sour grapes
the United States is objectively the most athletic nation on Earth. the entire team are contenders while you guys have a few good ones and the rest are also-rans

>n-no only gold medals count
lol nice. keep moving those goalposts, senpai

>n-not winning also c-counts, guys!
small nation mentality

>skeleton
>biathlon
>snow bunnies

Not fair, you had two teams for a while to inflate the numbers.

>imagine caring about participation medals

THE STATE OF THE STATES

The six games East and West Germany competed as separate teams obviously can't just be added onto Germany's medal tally. You had twice as many athletes allowed in every competition and twice as many teams in every team competition, a huge advantage, especially for a country with a big population that normally would have far too many talents to fit them all in one team. As for Soviet Union, they had many medal-winning athletes from outside Russia, so again, no way to correctly include these medals. Pretty much every team event was boosted. IOC's list is the only relevant one. Blame yourseves for not being able to keep your countries in one piece.

>Japan will win the skiing jump.
*blocks your path*