How fucking good was this movie? Also anyone else hyped for Dunkirk?

How fucking good was this movie? Also anyone else hyped for Dunkirk?

It unironically inspired me to join the USMC. Watched it about 4 times now.

Almost watched it with brother when it came out who was going through medical training but watched Assassins Creed instead. Wonder what would have changed, since he decided to drop out of being a medic

If he liked Hacksaw Ridge then I'm sure he would continue on being a medic. Don't listen to Sup Forums's constant "f-f-f-flick!!!!"

But then he also could have died because DUDE WAR WITH RUSSIA LMAO

Still wish we watched it because it's way better than Ass Creed

Cheesily predictable hollywood war movie with all the associated tropes, no effort to humanize the opposite side, almost no depth. Decently realized so it's not a torture to watch. Its only redeeming quality was that the main character was heartwarming in its kindness. 5/10

At least 7/10 because of Mel, 8/10 because the Nazis rekt the Allies

What MOS?

>no effort to humanize the opposite side
They kind of did by having that one nip be receptive and not spaz out to Desmond's treatment.

I'm a poolee at the moment. Might go into something tech related.

>How fucking good was this movie?

Absolutely awful. Every single character was miscast.

No? I've never heard that criticism for this movie before. Why would you think that? It's not like this is one of those movies where strong passionate performances are a necessity for every single side character.

Just realized they're fighting japs and not nazis

>mel
>miscasting

Oven dodger plz

did anyone else absolutely LOSE IT when

a) garfield fucking BICYCLE-KICKED the grenade
and
b) garfield dragged vaughn on the sled while vaughn fucking LAID DOWN suppressive fire on the japs?

made the movie worth ticket price imo

Any leaks on the exclusive imax extended trailer for dunkirk?

Chekt

Haven't heard of any leaks(?)

>Just realized they're fighting japs and not nazis
How the fuck do you miss that? It's literally given you to that they're fighting Japs.

Because typically WW2 is associated with Nazis. Why tf did we fight the japs? Clearly Pearl Harbor was a false flag

>Because typically WW2 is associated with Nazis.
Yes but the movie literally had nothing to do with Nazis
It's been stated they were going to Okinawa and the term "nips" is used like 100 times in the film.

and that's besides the fact that japanese men were clearly fucking shown 1/3rd of the film so i'm confused how after you seen the movie you JUST realized they weren't nazis.

Those nips forgot the 5 Ds

movie about a medic inspired you to join the only branch that doesn't have medics!?

I don't want to become a medic but I like the military aspect.

I hated this movie because of all of the loud gunfire noises and explosions. The story was okay I guess

at least do something that will carryover into civilian life, none of my jobs and schools gave me college credits I could really use. I got like 34 credit hours of IT tech "electives" really bullshit move by the universities i went to.

I don't know about every character, but Vince Vaughn as a drill sergeant was unintentionally hilarious.

Degenerate

It was pretty shit, I imagine it's the first war movie you've seen.

It's amazing that Gibson can be both an enormous anti-Semite and have this shit movie nominated for Best Picture.

Not really, he's on a short leash but got accepted back into the fold.