>Oregon
>not Homer Simpson
wut

>Ferris Buehler
>Buehler

>with the exception of animals and homer, they're all whites
Racist much

Why isn't Maine part of Canada?

The Simpsons aren't set in any real state.
One of the thirteen colonies that rebelled.

>Indiana Jones isn't from Indiana
>Garfield's not from Ohio
>Frank Underwood's not from D.C.
Pretty sure this is a joke.

>Barbie is a New Yorker despite being the quintessential California girl with a Malibu beachfront mcmansion
Caught me off guard.

>bobby munson
Robert "Bobby" Munson, is a fictional character on the FX television series Sons of Anarchy, played by Mark Boone Junior.
>ramona quimby
Ramona Geraldine Quimby is a fictional character in a series of novels named after her by Beverly Cleary.

That doesn't really answer the question. Culturally they seem a lot closer to Canada than they do the rest of the US. And isn't there some weird historical treaty guaranteeing them Canadian statehood were they to apply?

>Chilly Willy
>a penguin
>Alaska

Wait...

>culturally
Neither the US, nor Canada, have any semblance of culture.

Strange that they did not used St Lawrence river as natural border.

where are de black people at?

>Kansas
>not Superman

>There are only five fictional characters from South Dakota

Superman is from Krypton not Kansas dummy

>Culturally
Dude you really see difference between American and Canadian cultures?

>The Simpsons aren't set in any real state.
Matt Groening himself confirmed that it's set in Oregon

But he grew up there
Just because he's adopted doesn't make him a non-Kansan 2bh

If a cat is raised by dogs is it a dog?
He's not even human

It's a cog

It's based off of Portland, Oregon and Springfield Massachusetts

It isn't set in any real state you dummy

Cute

Not that user but the quote was misunderstood, he said that he put the name of the city as a Springfield, a town in Oregon, but that the gag of the unknow location of Springfield is in there.

Fuck off Lex

>Implying I'd be as much of a fucking sperg as Lex
Begone thot

If that's true, I stand corrected, but I remember a joke in the movie where Ned Flanders says Springfield is near the border of five states, then names the states and they're all over the country.

Fair enough (excluding Quebec). I wonder what the borders would look like if each state were given a choice as to what country they wanted to belong to.

>Implying they'd want to be governed by foreigners

>its white peoples fault no one likes niggers
wew la

They wouldn't be foreigners if they received statehood..

>Euros
>Giving Americans anything beyond contempt
Yea, nah

Absolutely retarded statement.

Why would I have contempt for America?

Could you elaborate? I'm to dumb to get why it's dumb.

>Why would I have contempt for America?
Quit playing dumb

>And isn't there some weird historical treaty guaranteeing them Canadian statehood were they to apply?
Well sorta, after our Independence war, the 13 colonies used the Articles of Confederation(AoC), which was our constitution for about 9 year. Turns out the AoC was a bit of a clusterfuck so there was a convention to make the Constitution we use today. But yes in the AoC article 11 stated that

>If "Canada" (as the British-held Province of Quebec was also known) accedes to this confederation, it will be admitted.[17] No other colony could be admitted without the consent of nine states.

Since the AoC was replaced there is no longer a guarantee of Canadian statehood,

>natural border
Because it isn't a great one, if you control the south bank the north bank is as good as yours, had we been given that border, British North America would have been American by the end of the 1800s

Clark Kent the famous journalist is from Kansas

Now, this is a character I can get behind for Kansas
But Superman? Nah nope. Not Kansan

I'm completely earnest.

That's pretty neat. It's interesting to me how even back then seemingly irrelevant event came to shape the world in such a definitive way. In many ways the entirety of America is a culmination of many such small events.

what the hell, that assassin's creed fag is from south dakota?

I don't know
It makes me so fucking mad

have to admit the only one mentioned on wikipedia that I knew about was that guy from supernatural and that's only because the fanbase for that show is insufferable and I've heard them fawning about sioux falls. it's really fucking weird that there are people out there treating sioux falls as some kind of pseudo mecca

based alaska

>the entirety of America is a culmination of many such small events
Same could be said of any history, but yes the history of America right after the war is a fairly interesting time

Some of the proposed plans for the new constitution were crazy, such as Hamilton's plan. He basically wanted to copy the British System including "The plan also gave the Governor, an executive elected by electors for a life-term of service"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_Convention_(United_States)#Proposed_plans

>fawning about sioux falls
Never heard this but it sounds gay
At least it isn't people coming to RC and thinking SD is some barren wasteland thanks to Warehouse 13

>Same could be said of any history
Yes, you are absolutely right. My own country's existence, for instance, rely on a noble narrowly escaping capture through a toilet. I suppose what I really meant to say is that the events leading up to it becoming a stable entity are of particular interest by virtue of its relative recency, modern-day global dominance and, at the time, radical ideas underpinning its inception.

>Nebraska
>Wizard of Oz

wow I didn't know bettlejuice took place in connecticut. I'm proud of my state and my fellow nutmeggers today.

Mainers don't want to be part of Canada. They're American as fuck.