I'm going through a real depressing rut lately lads.. I have no one to talk too about anything...

I'm going through a real depressing rut lately lads.. I have no one to talk too about anything. The 3 friends I have wouldn't understand or care, they have their own careers, girlfriends, problems etc. I don't even know why I'm so sad lately. My shit job, my car problems, my lack of self confidence, the loneliness of always coming home after work to my small apartment with no one happy to see me. No one at all. My life is a blur of sleeping, eating, video games, masturbating, and watching TV. I have no ambitions, no drive. I feel worthless. I don't want to die, but I don't exactly enjoy living either. How sad is it that I'm now venting on Sup Forums? Sorry lads. I just need to put it all out there

Attached: 1570352301529.gif (372x262, 1.72M)

Don't worry user, you always have us to talk to. How about you start by specifying more on your lack of ambition or drive? Does it stem from your feeling of worthlessness or the other way around?

Attached: 1555520739946.png (1200x1600, 1023K)

I didn't pay attention in high school. I come from a poor family in Vermont/New Hampshire. My mom raised me on her own, she has no college education but she tried her hardest to support me. So I never made the right grades for scholarships and had zero financial support for getting my own higher education. Now I'm 23 living in the same town I graduated high school with nothing to show for it. I have $97 in the bank account. Rents due, I need work on my car, and I can barely afford my car payments as it is. I have an opportunity for a new job that starts at $12 with full benefits and the chance to move up and earn more (unlike my current dead end job) but I get so nervous about starting something new. So as much as I'm willing to try switching jobs I'm just as afraid of it. The only true positive I have is my work ethic. I never call out, Im reliable and quiet. But I'm so quiet and anti social I think it rubs my coworkers the wrong way. I'm not some pyschotic weirdo. I'm just quiet and shy. And it doesn't help me meet women. I can't begin to explain how little self esteem I have.

What is of value in life?
Money?
Career?
A stable address?
Doing the 'right' thing?

Or is it happiness?

Ultimately, happiness is the only metric by which you should assess your life.

I've done a lot. I've traveled and fucked and drank my way across the country times over. I have precisely two pieces of life advice to offer anyone in any situation. They are:

1) If you're not happy, it's time to do something different.
2) Anything you've given serious thought to, just do it, as you'll always have more regret for the things you haven't done than the things you have done.

Get a different job. Get drunk in a bar and talk to strangers. Sell all your shit, get an RV and drive to a state you've never visited. Take a week in Mexico any party with hookers and coke. I jest not. Life is squandered if it is not enjoyed. You are not enjoying yours. Do something different, regardless of any preconceived notions of expectations or societal norms you may possess.

I wish I knew you my fren, Id take you fishing.
You post nice cat pict. so you good with me. I hope things get better for you.

I am the person who wrote the post below yours. I was born in NH and raised in rural VT, though I've been all over since then. Where are you now?

Is this pasta? It's enlightening sure but how realistic is it really? I'm deathly afraid of change. Change is frightening to me.

I live in a small town in Grafton near the border of Vermont

Life's been screwing you over for a while, hasn't it? So are you going to take the job or not?

Attached: 1568264320881.jpg (3000x4000, 854K)

No, I just typed that for you and it is true. I grew up in a small town and change was also foreign to me at one time. Now I can't imagine how I ever lived such a small life.

Do something different.

It starts out paying me what I'm making now and it's dirty work. Waste oil heater cleaning and landscaping in the summer, there's alot of traveling around as well. Alot different than what I'm doing but I don't mind learning new skills. I'm just a shy and awkward guy at first so it causes this stigma whenever I change jobs. Honestly I should try it because this current job I have will probably take me back if need be. I'm just afraid of the change.

Attached: 1570473705509.jpg (720x720, 28K)

Yep I've been there

i was reading something the other day about making friends. it was a quote from "how to make friends and influence people", something to the tune of "if you have five friends at your deathbed, you've lived a fulfilling life".
in high school and college, you might have had many acquaintances, but having smaller quality friends is how you get by as you get older. i'd take four quarters over a hundred pennies any day of the week.

Get a fucking cat.

My life is very small. I hang out with very few people and do very few things. Basically 90% of my life is spent at work/home

You're bullshitting me man. Come on. I'm not stupid

I don't want it destroying my stuff or making my apartment smell. I also can't really afford any extra commitments

What about 'do something different' are you not processing?

You have no idea the places I've been

Join the army

no one is going to change your life for you. the man you are today is the man you're going to be for the rest of your life. if you don't like who you see in the mirror, then make the change. you are the only one that has to deal with the consequences of your actions, be they positive or negative.

what you're doing now is comfortable and low risk. i don't know your situation exactly, but you do, and you know what you can do better.

it's easy for me to say, because i'm not the one actually doing it, but you've got to accept that no one will do it for you. it's going to be hard, and it's going to suck for a long time until it gets better, but think about the path you're on now and where it will lead in six months, or a year. is that where you want to be?

you unfortunately have to do things that are not enjoyable in the moment in order to reap the rewards in the future. while doing heroin may be fun in the now, it would be better in the future if you don't do heroin for six months. you get what i'm saying?

it might suck to call other people, and actively interact with them, and make new friends, but in the long term, that may be a more enjoyable life for your future self.

i don't know what steps you need to take, exactly, but you probably do know-- you're just choosing to put them off in the hope that you'll decide to do them in the future.

make a plan, and start making progress.

Attached: fuck.jpg (704x820, 78K)

I understand completely what you meant i was just emphasizing how right you are about my lack of change or spontaneous decisions in my life. I've become completely complacent and that's dangerous. What towns in NH/VT do you enjoy the most? Maybe I can get out and do some local sight seeing. Foliage season here is beautiful

Kill self on stream

If the only problem is you being afraid of change, I'm sure you'll be able to deal with that user. There are plenty of ways to cope with fear and stress, I'm sure your just uncertain of your capabilities.

Attached: 1569872219985.jpg (2048x1364, 445K)

I'm not putting my life on the line for a government that doesn't care about me. I respect the soldiers and I despise my government

No. I'm not suicidal. My brother died in a car accident a few years ago and my mom probably couldn't handle losing another kid

Derry NH is okay.
Burlington VT is nice in the summer with the lake, but is also infested with liberals.
Just see some different places and do some different things. You don't need recommendations as to where.

Also check out cheaprvliving.com. You might like it.

Is there anything creative you enjoy doing,like art or music? It's not too late to study something unrelated to high school subjects. also, see about Europe. university is free in some countries and it get you out of your comfort zone.