Cold turkeyed off my bipolar medication. Stopped taking 600mg seroquel, withdrawals ended a few weeks ago. Quit lithium...

Cold turkeyed off my bipolar medication. Stopped taking 600mg seroquel, withdrawals ended a few weeks ago. Quit lithium, so far no physical or mental withdrawals. I feel good. AMA.

Attached: 693164A8-887E-47B0-890B-52C6F611C906.jpg (400x266, 16K)

Why

Seroquel was killing me. Better to have bp symptoms than to be on an anti-psych (google extraptramial side effects)

Lithium so I can trip on shrooms without seizing

I take an anticonvulsant which I don’t plan on stopping, so I’ll still be medicated

M y uncle did the same thing about 6 years back went on a manic streak and never recovered. Wound up dead by suicide after having it all and having lost it. Do you have a management plan?

I have about 1,000 300mg seroquel IR tabs so if things get serious I’ll just pop those for a while

My mania only gets baaaad if I take a high dosage of an antidepressant

Mania feels awesome btw, although the depression is a killer

Also I’ve been diagnosed since 17 with Type I and I’m 27 now, I’ve got a good handle on living with it and I never had much to lose in the first place. I’m cool.

LOL. Retard. Enjoy your epilepsy

I take lamotrigine so I probably won’t seize

Bipolar is basically epilepsy except your mind goes crazy instead of your physical body

This.

>Type I

No, you don't have a good handle on living if you're stopping your medication cold turkey. You'll either experience a full blown manic episode or a severe depressive episode within the next month and you'll wish you kept taking your medication.

If you wanted to stop your medication, you should've done it the smart way and had your PNP or psychiatrist ween you off of it over the course of a few months. You're in for a horrible ride OP, and may God help you when the episode hits.

>I never had much to lose in the first place.

That's your fault.

>I take lamotrigine so I probably won’t seize
>probably won't seize
>probably won't
>probably

You're a goddamn idiot.

what happen to the nigger?

Thanks for telling me things I could find on Google in 20 seconds, also remind us which medical school you attended?

Don’t give me that “I’m an RN” shit, you guys go to school for 9 months at community college

>hurr durr I have common sense you you’re an idiot

Okay buddy, please give me your take on dystonia, tardive dyskinesia, and akathesia. Also describe the relationship between D2 and 5HT2A antagonism and how it relates to increased prolactin levels.

Also read my post closer next to before retorting such predictable sense of living bullshit..

>I’ve got a good handle of living with IT

not I’ve got a good handle of living.

Want my email so I can educate you more?

Isn't this what they talk about when people quit meds even though ir was helping them? How do you know you're not just in a decent state of mind in between mania? That's some risky shit but good luck OP

Fuck seroquel.

Ever been on gabapentin?

Looks like I struck a chord with you because you know I'm right.

whats your favorite color?

Dangerous stuff. Lithium is actually good for you but the anti-psychs (especially first generation) will tear your life to tatters

Gaba or seroquel?

Valproic acid, lamotrigine, and I guess cymbalta I’ve taken which are close to gabapentin

>Lithium is actually good for you

Nigger please.

Pink and turquoise

I'm a psychiatrist. I have no recommendations. Godspeed you magnificent son of a bitch.

But, Lamictal is probably an okay mood stabilizer. Enough to keep you on the rails.

On cymbalta and gaba right now. Dont think theyre doing anything other than make me feel kinda shitty tho..

I've withdrawaled off of alcohol numerous times. Fucking sucks every time.

Sorry wrong post, seroquel is dangerous, gabapentin works differently so it isn’t as bad.

Great for your brain

Shit for your kidneys lol

I guess I should clarify

I didn’t cold turkey off seroquel. I tapered from 600 to 300 to 150 to 75 to 0 over about 10 weeks. Quitting from 600 was physically just impossible. Couldn’t sleep, sweats, shakes, flu.... although I know alcohol withdrawals are worse!

I can deal with the physical shit but the anxiety and non-stop panic attacks suck. Your insides feel like they're going to war and you constantly think you're about to die. You get hypochondriac levels of anxiety and it fucks with your body.

>I didn’t cold turkey off seroquel.

I sure as fuck hope not. What I'd really like to know is why you didn't just ask your PNP or psychiatrist to take you off of your medication instead of doing it yourself? If a prescriber denies a patient from coming off of a medication (the exception being in hospitals) then that's grounds for a malpractice lawsuit.

Real talk OP. If you can't handle your current meds, try something else. What you have is a medical disorder that needs to be treated with, what else, medication. Coming off of your meds will ruin you, and if you're alright with that, then you reap what you sow.

I have no sympathy for your retardation.

Sir, with all due respect to your education and experience, I’d rather cycle between mania and depression than be in an anti-psychotic. Obesity, dystonia, pseudoparkinsonism, extreme apathy, physically dependent on it to sleep, no sex drive, horrible horrible excruciatingly painful anxiety when the drug kicks in about an hour after taking it.

For me in my life I make that call to not take an anti-psychotic.

I think lithium is better for manic depression because unlike seroquel it addresses BDNF

I won’t stop lamotrigine because of SJS chances and I understand this

Ween off dude. Drink a little less every day and the anxiety will go away.

>implying all of these side effects happen in all patients

This thread is bait.

When I was in detox, I had someone in my room detoxing off of medication just like that. They couldn't stop kicking their legs and their stomach was in an immense amount of pain.

Real talk OP? Are you 15? Go to bed it’s a school night.

I didn't tell you not to do it, faggot. It's your life.

If the meds are ruining your life more that unchecked mania, then do your thing, bro.

>having nothing of value to contribute

Attached: 8fdf50abb03c250c9547796a687f849ab25bcf544d1a0e88d601a396aefebfbb.jpg (300x360, 19K)

You’re all fags. Here’s my girlfriend’s vagina which I’ll fuck shortly. Mentally ill or not, suffering or not, I still win. Goodnight, OP out.

Attached: 087ED0E7-C0BF-406C-965C-C5F913768106.jpg (1024x761, 47K)

>getting buttmad over truth
>can do nothing but "lol fags"

Enjoy your downward spiral, OP. If you're legit and aren't trolling us (and I hope, for your sake, that this is all bullshit), you're in for nine layers of hell. May God help you.

Seroquel has very nasty side effects. I've seen almost all of those in one of my friends who has been on it for several years. Not uncommon.

Bro, did you take up a new hobby of collecting human corpse? Cause your collection is piling up.

That's the trade-off for psychiatric medication. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. You minimize the side effects if you're under the care of professionals that are knowledgeable (and more importantly, care) but it's something you have to accept if you want your symptoms under control.