Is it true that you need to be slightly mentally retarded to like Disney's MCU?

Is it true that you need to be slightly mentally retarded to like Disney's MCU?

slightly is an understatement.

The Netflix shows are fun to watch

They're actually doing superhero stuff unlike the movies and there's no quips every minute

Friendly reminder: if they have you arguing with each other over mere movies, then they have already (((won))).

>The Netflix shows are fun to watch
I wish this were true, they're actually boring as shit, haven't seen iron fist though which i was kind of looking forward to.

Iron Man 3 is the only good MCU movie. But also the ones retarded fans hated the most.

>slightly

I'm rich.

wat

Daredevil was good but weak at moments, and Jessica Jones was alright but really weak at times

yeah, I think these shows would benefit a fuckton by slimming them down to 8 or 10 eps, it seems like they make that amount then squeeze in another 2 hours of filler and inane shit for some reason.

Did IQlets clap during this?

>boring as shit

Daredevils fight scenes and Punisher cameos were pretty cool. JJ was boring as shit though.

Ironman 1, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, The Avengers, Ironman 3, and Winter Soldier are the only good movies they made. The rest are still very enjoyable but with a lot of flaws.

They're not enjoyable at all. The humor is so bad it makes Transformers look sophisticated in comparison. A dancing tree it not humor. It's lame. It's not funny. It just makes me embarrassed. And killing off big characters as a joke is not funny either. It's downright insulting.

You're definitely correct in that it has made a joke out of films in general but I just don't think about the stuff too deeply when I watch them. I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking when I go in.

this is the problem with 90% of Sup Forums

I seriously doubt more than 40% of Sup Forums has watched a non-english film in years, this board is full of retards.

Which ones would you recommend? I have nothing going on and would love to expand my taste a bit.

>he just defeats the main villain by opening his hand
>he opens his fucking hand and calls it a day

IM and Winter Soldier are the ONLY good ones as they have the most decent action, cinematography, and less quips than any other Marvel film. Both Avengers was a joke, EN wasn't that great as the Hulk, and Iron man 3 is pretty self explanatory

I doubt it considering Sup Forums is largely opposed to the MCU and this board is severely fucking brain damaged with some of the most retarded posters I've ever encountered in my 6 years of using this site.

Both Marvel and DC make shit popcorn flicks for the ADHD generation.
Capeshit is seriously ruining Sup Forums and I honestly hope admins make a splinter board.

Fuck u

i'll post some lists you can just choose what sounds interesting

>I just don't think about the stuff too deeply when I watch them. I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking when I go in.
Really? Are we at a time now that its considered pretentious and entitlement if you don't want more adam sandler tier flicks? There's nothing wrong if superhero movies are just entertaining action movies I get that but these mcu movies are absolute garbage like jack and jill just with cgi.

I'd recommend The Hunt, Irreversible, Stalker, Memories of Murder and Floating Weeds

Pick any of these since they are pure kino

Fuckkkkk Farewell my concubine is so good

>he is too newfag to have browsed this board during TDK
Capeshit didn't become a problem until Marvel arrived and added -shit after Cape.

>The Netflix shows are fun to watch
Daredevil is ok the rest of them are AB-SO-LU-TE unwatchable trash

Thanks for these. Saved all of them.
The Hunt was fantastic. My grandpa introduced me to that and we watched it together. Thanks for the other recommendations user.

I have literally been here since 09 dont make me pull rank on you soldier

>Capeshit didn't become a problem until Marvel arrived
No wait
*Until Disney arrived

Marvel was fine pre-Disney.

TDK was released summer '08. I remember this board as it was yesterday. Daily discussion threads. There was nothing wrong with that since the movie was regarded as fairly well-made. I don't believe superhero movies are inherently bad. But Disney has devalued the genre so much. It's tragedy. Fox and WB are doing better atleast.

>*Until Disney arrived
makes you think what could have been if... first half of Ironman was the comics kino

You should read up on what they did to Iron Man 2. Mickey Rourke was going all in as the villain and then Disney arrived and butchered it all. He got so pissed that he swore never to work with Disney again. And of course Favraeu's chef rant that we all know.

IM and Winter Soldier are trash, IQlet.

>mummmmmmm 64 slices of american capeshit

What will "Phase Four" be? When will all this end? I'm so tired. Please tell me it will end. I just want it to stop. I'll take any other fad that's not capeshit. Anything. I just hate fucking nerds and normies so much.

So don't fucking pay attention to it then? Jesus Christ it's not like your physically being forced to go see them at gunpoint

But I hate to see normies and faggot nerds satisfied.
I refuse to change, I don't give a fuck.
There is no escaping this kind of thing anyway. It's everywhere.
I'd have any other genre over this. I'd rather see cowboys everywhere than Redd*t incarnate everywhere.

Oh well you're just going to have to deal with it my man. Just avoid it as much as possible

Why there are so many polish directors on this?

How in fuck do these movies rate so high among critics seriously?

Like both the Thor movies are certified Fresh and both movies may be some of the worst movies I've ever seen in a cinema, I actually walked out on Thor 2 and that's saying a lot since I've only ever walked out on like 4 movies.

The marvel movies are all bland formulaic dogshit that look like fucking ass so you can't even watch them for the aesthetics. No good music, terrible colour grading etc.

How in FUCK do they all get such critical acclaim?

(Not a DC fanboy, I legit think Snyder is one of the worst directors in Hollywood and all the DC movies fucking are dogshit beyond the animated ones)

After legion i don't think i could watch all these banal Disney pleb trash.