Be Russian

>be Russian
>spend whole days making some edgy malware
>ruining millions of normie computers globally

Are they basically taking revenge upon normies for all of us rejected by society?

It's incredibly profitable. You make about $10k a month just editing files or writing spam letters.

No they are the normies who do it to buy expensive cars and have sex with women

Does ransomware even make that much money?

>using your knowledge to screw normies for money and use it to fuck 10/10 Russian prostitutes and get some better living conditions without being wagecuck

The make about a 1 or 2 millions a month. 10k is a salary of a guy who was on the bottom in the team.

Yes

if it is that profitable, why it's always the 3rd world countries that do that? russia, china, nigeria, etc

USD? Pretty sure it's not that much senpai... Didn't even wannacry only make like just barely over a hundred thousand dollars?

You basically answered your own question.

Because you will get in prison in any western country for it. Our government doesn't give a fuck. Just don't shit where you eat.
For a few days. The spam is pretty endless. On it's pick in 2014 there were about 50k new computers pwnd every day. It's definitely not so profitable rn tho because all the guys start to close the biz after wanna cry attacks

they can get away with it in their shit tier countries

there's no FBI over there and even if the FBI or whoever gives a fuck will have to spend a lot of resources trying to catch them

I don't quite understand how people fall for it in the first place.

Why not just stick to bank malware though?

Isn't that way more profitable? I thought just Zeus alone stole millions upon millions?

> Our government doesn't give a fuck
Oh I am sure it does. Because it probably runs it. Your govt could track down and arrest anyone if they wanted to. And they do when they feel like it.

So when do you finally start your own scam? You said previously it would be easy to get away with that. How is your preparation going on?

They have all information on their pc without backup. That's it
Yeah, but zeus is one and only but the are hundreds of cryptolocker and ransomeware groups. Moreover all exploits they use were bought somewhere. If you have something Zeus level you will never sell it
Why? They don't harm our economy but only get more money in russia. It's a good thing for a country

Ransomware has to be some of the coolest shit to come out in the last few years.
Encrypting peoples information and asking them to pay for the key is cyberpunk as fuck.
I wander if we will ever see a big hit.

There was a million variations on Zeus after it was leaked though

I think you're thinking of someone else.

Well, obviously. But it's an absolutely different thing. Public viruses make much more money but only because the pie is much bigger. Nobody wants to rebuild something everyday because now some shitty antivirus grabs it by the balls easily

I just don't understand why ransomware is so popular now. How do bank trojans not make a hundred times as much money.

It's much easier to work with. That's all. Moreover you need to find bank that is so shitty you can rob it. There are it department in any bank and workers here are pretty skilled.
It's not just a fairy tale where you can choose any bank and sent it a hello word doc and ding, the money is yours

What can even be done against ACH transfers...

Carbanak for example I mean

That is exactly why I'm currently in secret negotiations all across the globe about the Great Internet Divide.