Hey Sup Forums ITT we find places on google maps and share information we find about them online

Hey Sup Forums ITT we find places on google maps and share information we find about them online.

This is Waw An Namus. Its name means Oasis of Mosquitos as its a haven for mosquitos because of its fresh water lakes. But i have to wonder what blood do they feed on? Probably birds that fly to the location to feed on the insects themselves haha.

Another really cool fact is that this is a volcano in the middle of the Sahara desert in south Libya and was believed to be formed about 12,000 bc.

That black surface is known as a caldera and was elevated significantly before the release of magma from the volcano's chamber. The black is actually tephra, not sut or ash, but instead a rock formed from the volcano's magma and due to the arid desert having little to no erosion due to rain, the site has remained near the same for thousands of years.

Scientists believe that the volcano started erupting at the end of the last ice age and stopped only about two thousands years ago.

Attached: waw an namus.png (1477x778, 1.63M)

op here
>little to no erosion because of the lack of rain

sorry about that anons

That's very cool. Thanks OP

very cool

Attached: 1508723442071.jpg (450x600, 66K)

no problem, happy hunting. Im looking at a new place in india right now actually, imma share in a little bit

>But i have to wonder what blood do they feed on?
Unless they are breeding they don't drink blood.
They live on juices from plants.
Someone should take some dragonflys there. They eat mosquitoes.

Op here again

In this picture lies the Molai forest, a robust national park located in Assam India on one of the sandbars of the Brahmaputra River. It was planted by just one man named Jadav Payeng who first began work on it in 1983. Today the forest covers the entire island named Majuli.

If you were to visit this sacred grove you would be greet by the presence of many insects, but beyond that there are many different animals like tigers, elephants, rhinos, gazels and monkeys. It was meant to be an animal sanctuary and to this day is protected heavily from poachers by the government.

After 36 years the island is still intact after many torrential floods. But scientists believe that one day the forest will disappear with the river as global warming melts the ice caps of the Himalayas to the north. Even though the island covers 1360 acres, since 1983 much of its land has been claimed by the ever growing Brahmaputra River.

Attached: molai forest.png (1507x779, 1.82M)

lol i never know when im going to see this meme, very relevant at least haha

Attached: 823212480.jpg (803x688, 141K)

If you zoom out in Google Maps you'll see that it's not the only volcano out there. There are a few black volcanoes and a bunch of brown craters and mounts.
The encyclopedia I had when I was a kid said that if not for erosion the whole of Earth's surface would be composed of volcanoes - extinct, of course.

it makes perfect sense if you think about it though. Volcanos are the reason precious metals and gases were released into the troposphere. Many scientists speculate volcanos are the reason for the earth being covered in water due to the release of hydrogen and oxygen. But it could also be the combination of volcanos and millions of comets that contained ice that had fallen to the earth.

>If it wasn't for erosion, earth's surface would also be covered with comet and meteor impact craters like the moon.

whos to say the comets that crashed on earth didnt contain bacteria or microbes which could have kick-started life?

In this picture we catch a glimpse at the Richat structure in the north east Sahara desert.

You can see it from space actually. Many geologists believe it was not man made and in fact made by volcanic rings deep underground.

The land is so uninhabitable that escavation on the area is very limited. But what has been uncovered are artifacts that cannot be defined by any pre-existing civilization. tablets with eroded text, spheres with no practical use, ancient statues and figures that have no clear historical value to religion or race.

Whats even more interesting is that this area was thought to be covered in water just after the last ice age. You can see the circular valleys having river beds.

Some believe this to be the ancient city of atlantis which was swallowed by the ocean so long ago. But if these myths are to be believed then the city would have had to have been right on the coast of the Mediterranean. The inhabitants would have lived on the mountains and were protected by the rings of water where the middle would have been a great lake.

I'm curious to know what future archaeologists make of this location and what actually those artifacts were about. and maybe just maybe the poem written by Plato could be partly true.

Attached: richat structure.png (1526x775, 1.93M)

Op here again

In this picture i found some cool lines in the Peruvian desert.

Just like an user said previously, Deserts are a great place to study structures as the little to no rain they receive reduces soil erosion greatly.

1. A lizard that has it's tail cut off by a road.

2. The hands of Nazca which are hands that shoot off from some weird shape.

3. A tree with branches above and roots below.

All of these hieroglyphs are very large and some are miles wide while others only take up a few acres. Whats most intriguing is the fact that they are all made with one single line hence their name.

These shapes have been found on ancient potter that dates back 1500 to 2000 years ago.

Once more, much debate has arisen over these symbols, all theories from aliens, to gods, to a celestial calendar, to a map of mirages have been speculated, but still no one knows why these strange symbols exist, especially within such a harsh environment.

Attached: nazca lines.png (1522x770, 1.75M)

Is this Sup Forums?

I always thought this was an interesting looking area, but can't be bothered to look up much info about it.

bumping

>op here
i appreciate it /bro/ im currently posting on about black metal

>71.234169,71.340571
hmm thats seems to be this place called the Yamalsky District in russia.

Its a town of 550,000 people. Most are Christian but some are neo-pagan shamans.

They hunt polar bears and do a lot of farming when the season is right.

bump

This is the New York Fried chicken in Baltimore where I used to get dinner. It was on one of the worst streets in the entire United States. I saw a black woman carrying a baby threaten to kill the cashier because she didn't like that he put her 13 cents worth of change on the counter. She thought that he should have handed it to her despite the fact that she had a baby in one hand and her cellphone in the other hand. She thought putting the 13 cents worth of change on the counter was a reason to kill him.

Attached: ny fried chicken.jpg (1884x916, 558K)

if only she knew about atlantis or peru lol, some people get pretty fucked up when they live their life in one spot with fuck all to do

Op here again

This is Ijen the largest Caldera volcano in Indonesia. In the center of this mighty volcano is a completely blue lake! Its composed of water and sulfur which give it an electric blue color.

If you're thinking about visiting this great behemoth be aware that its still active to this day! But also be aware that people mine the sulfur inside of it.

National Geographic reported the activity of the volcano causes blue fire to burst forth from the crater creating a spectacle at night. The blue fire is caused by sulfur being ignited.

Another insight is that the workers dont make much money, only about 5-8 dollars an hour depending on the amount of sulfur they are able to haul back to the nearby village. To them that means a great deal and offers a comfortable life style despite the damage to their lungs and the danger of an eruption occurring.

Attached: ijen.png (1521x710, 1.89M)

I'm glad people like you are keeping Sup Forums interesting. Feels like how it was. Thanks OP have a good day

Op here again

In this picture we travel to Dubai to witness a man made island just of the city's coast.

It was made back in 2007 to bring in more tourism to the city since the oil fields in the area were running dry. The mayor selected a large crew under the company of nakheel to build it.

They dumped gigantic boulders out onto the coast and covered them with 200 million cubic metres of sand. To prevent storms from eroding the beach heads a large wall was build around the islands that were supposed to have expensive luxury homes while a support channel would help the flow of fresh sea water so it didnt stagnate.

There are two other palm islands with one still under construction and then also a mega chain of islands that resemble the earth.

If you boys ever get a hold of some vacation funds i suggest you go and check this place out. The worlds largest mall is in the same city and supposedly you can see all of the islands from it!

Not so bad for a bunch of sand niggers that want to blow everyone up :D

Attached: palm jumeirah.png (1521x712, 1.28M)

my sides

Attached: lel3.14.gif (360x346, 170K)