I don't get it

I don't get it

>muh communism

Autism saved the day

Are you retarded ?

GO watch inside job documentary

Nobody does.

Burn the bankers.

I understand everything but the concept of shorting, like for me it sounds like a bet the stock is going to go bad, but that seems like it should be more on a gambling website than an actual financial investment???

dude rich white people lmao

The Shorting Michael did was based on actual analytics of data. The only gamble was WHEN the subprime mortgage market was gonna collapse, not IF.

(((White people)))

Ok but where the FUCK do you park your money on that?

Oscar bait thread?

By buying default insurance (CDS). You pay a few thousands anually and get a shitton of money when bonds default. When it comes to derivatives it's always a gamble rather than an investment

So I was right when I said it's basically gambling and not an actual financial instrument, thanks

omething can be both a financial instrument and a gamble at the same time.

I still don't get it. Who paid everybody at the end when the market crashed? I'm still trying to figure out what shorting is.

>So I was right
No.

Go pick up a finance textbook before doubling down on claiming you're right in your ignorance.

This. The movie kinda portrayed like even they didn't make money which wouldn't make sense since the short would make sure they'd get payment if it failed

It's just craziness. Finance is all made up so you can literally make up whatever you want.

Someone can access your bank account, add two more zeroes to your account and you go from 200$ to 20000$. Unless they spot the error that's your money.

That's how crazy money is. It's not even magic, it's just nonsense.

Late capitalism isn't to be understood rationally. It operates by irrational belief in made up things. Much like religion.

>not an actual financial instrument

But that's what gambling is.

Money