Why does everyone have a problem with Light not being an Asian dude...

Why does everyone have a problem with Light not being an Asian dude, but no one is saying anything about L not being an Asian?

Black is the new black

Better question is why do Americans get so triggered about anything related to race?

I don't care that Light isn't Asian, but he should be a handsome mother fucker with charisma pouring out of his ass.

This guy looks like Michael Cera.

Also the black guy casting for L is fine as it'll be a nice metaphor for "Light vs Dark".

i dont get why people all around the world expect white people making movies produced by white people in a country filled with white people as their demographic, to get mad because they cast white people for their big budget adaptations.

>Better question is why do Americans get so triggered about anything related to race?

Because in a post equality society they found out that the Negro wasn't actually equal to the Caucasian in a civilized society, so they had to make up a whole heap of excuses and scream them at people 24/7.

It's like when people realize there's no God. They double down on the retardation.

>Netflix

Who gives a shit?

one of the many benefits of living in a multicultural society

Identity politics are fucking stupid, as always.

Honestly it seems like this L will probably be better than Light. Light looks awful.

Both are terrible casting choices. This is bullshit.

Obama really fucked race relations hard right after we finally recovered from OJ Simpsons setting them back.

>but no one is saying anything about L not being an Asian?

L wasn't Asian he was from England

I don't mind, it's pretty obvious they are changing the characters and story but keeping the premise
mite be cool

It has nothing to do with being asian. L is fucking black and doesn't look anything like the kind of character he is supposed to be. He's a pale antisocial shut-in with bags under his eyes. He's skinny and unimposing.

Meanwhile Light is supposed to look like a too perfect student who takes himself far too seriously, rather than some goofy looking chad. Whoever was in charge of casting doesn't deserve another job in the industry again. It's honestly embarrassing because its clear they didn't even attempt to watch the series that their movie is based on. To be honest I imagine the only one who actually bothered to watch Death Note in its entirety was the screenwriter because no one else had to. Nobody else gives a fuck. It's going to be like Avatar all over again. I'm sure the director hasn't seen more than an episode of the show at best.

why do you white guys have no problem with an asian character being cast white but have a problem when an asian character gets cast black instead of white?

whitewashing is so extremely prelevant that blackwashing feels like a breath of fresh air.

>why do you white guys have no problem with an asian character being cast white
Ghost in the Shell and Dragonball Evolution

Goku isn't Asian

America is 12% black and 5% asian, most any adaptation from an asian setting is going to be "whitewashed". That's how it works. Studios have no reason to pander to very small minorities. Regardless, the casting is absolutely horrendous. The dude clearly doesn't fit L at all, the only people who don't see this are people who've never seen the actual show. The other guy doesn't seem to fit Light either. It's just terrible casting by people who've probably never even watched Death Note. I don't know what else to say.

The thing is that in the anime these characters do look caucasian though. Fucking Light looks like Zac Efron. This is why it's so absurd seeing a nigger take such a role in anime. It's obvious it's nowhere close to what the animators envisioned.

joke or not
goku is based the monkey king

doesn't matter, he isn't sun wukong, he's a saiyan
in the movie i'm pretty sure he was just a white guy

It doesn't matter what the original creators envisioned. All that matters now is DIVERSITY©

We must get as many blacks as possible into as many roles as possible.

>be Adam Wingard
>make "You're next"
>prettty fun dark comedy horror thriller
>make The Guest
>entertaining
>make Blair witch
>it sucks
>make Death Note
>sucks

Is this it for Adam? He started off well enough

Non-Asians were a mistake.

why is it so hard for hollywood to ask for help from actual fans?

because every show needs a nigger now, don't be racist

sad this is going to be a straight to Netflix pile, didn't it start life as theatrical movie directed by Shane Black?

And it's being made only a full decade after the anime's peak popularity! Way to strike while the iron is hot, Netflix.

Casting of all main characterd including Misa looks terrible.
Hopefully it will be a massive trainwreck.

Together with the Ghost in the Shell flop it will kill any future attempts to make weebshit.

The Internet already figured this one out a decade ago. Nobody wants to realize this but anime characters are most always based on whites. Japanese people obsess over caucasian features.

Are they brothers?

yeah i mean the guy is blond for fuck's sake

this is retarded, the only things similar is hair, shirt, and tie.

pic related is so much better

Remember when they remade The Ring and changed the setting to America and cast a bunch of whites and no one gave a shit because it was understood that it's the "American" version.

What happened between now and 2002 where people lost the plot on that simple idea? When they remake American movies in Bollywood, guess what? They cast Indian actors.

Look at the eyes, nose, mouth and jaw. He's clearly a Jap

The guy on the left looks pretty Japanese to me.

It's hair dye

this is a shit argument,
america is a multicultural country with actors who speak fluent english from many different backgrounds

where the fuck are gonna find fluent hindi speaking white actors in india? also comparable, fluent japanese speaking white actors in japan?

no actually you're a racist nazi. every movie should feature POC (people of color) or its a racist white supremacist propaganda piece.

>Hey Asians, thanks for all the unique and original ideas that we claim you can't have because all you do is copy due to lack of creative imagination! Now go away while we use your IP and inject them with our own brand of superior Western progressive diversity!

it's literally just the hair m8
compare the faces and tell me you still believe that

>It's hair dye
nah, there's plenty of characters in plenty of manga with weird natural hair colours like blue and shit, and even near or whatever from death note had white hair and he was what like 5 years old?

Noone in Death Note has retarded coloured hair naturally. People can have white hair without being old

What are you talking about? Who is claiming they can't have their own IPs? There's a series based on the DN manga, and about 4 movies at this point. There's a manga of GitS, about 3 different movies, and a TV series. Asians have a deathgrip on their own IPs..

Literally what the fuck are you even talking about?

Stick to your own kind.

yeah? how many japanese 5 year olds have white hair?

The light is shit but the L on top is awesome.

Problem is anime has Vishal diversity and lots of Asians all look the same. I mean look at the attack on Titan movie for fucks sake.

You haven't made a coherent point yet. Care to try again?

America is still a majority white nation, movies reflect that, you want your movie to reach the widest possible audience, hence you cast white actors first and foremost.

If not, you accept the fact that it's a niche movie, like Soul Food or Barbershop or whatever and get on with your fucking life.

Unless it happens to be someone who has crossover appeal, like Eddie Murphy or Will Smith, but this all depends on an individual's talent and is not something you can force.

This "diversity for the sake of diversity" bullshit is stupid.

Nobody used to care about this bullshit until they were told you should care by the media in the 2010s, it's all a bunch of social engineering bullshit, to what end I have no clue.

I'm sure some of them do. No race is immune to albinism

Still a closer Light than the goofy Steve Merchant fuck we have now.

Death Note is done in a more realistic style than most manga, so it's hair dye or do you think Misa is a natural blond?

As for the kid with the white I dunno, maybe he's an albino? Maybe he dyes it for a fashion statement?

misa i can see dying her hair, but light? really? would be totally out of character imo.
near being an albino is possible though

>characters aren't exactly like the anime
Yes the characters are different and will be played differently

My question is, why the movie NOW? A full decade later?

The Ring remake came out only 4 years after the original film, which wasn't even popular in the US, Death Note was a huge hit as far as anime and manga goes and yet they wait a decade before the adaption, what gives?

Because that would be racist :^) no white people please in movies :^)
Obama really divided America desu and Trump isn't doing a good job at unification

Ya probably. I have no problems with whites or Asians and I think both can often look the part in anime adaptations but I hate niggers.

Asians and Weeaboos hate niggers and Jews.
This will get so much flack it will be glorious.

He was a high school pretty boy, yeah he'd dye his hair.

>Nobody wants to realize this but anime characters are most always based on whites.
They're not.

>Japanese people obsess over caucasian features.
They don't.

Anime characters can naturally have hair colors that don't naturally exist in real life.

A Hollywood adaptation has been kicked around forever and Netflix just happened to pick it up

Every single movie and TV show needs to be BLACKED, if you disagree you're a racist

You are retarded if you think it makes sense for studios to cast a bunch of people who make up 5% of the national population just so they can say they have people who aren't white in their movies and so people like you can jerk themselves off to the fact that America is "multicultural". It's still a 60% white country and both blacks and asians are already statistically over-represented in cinema. The people who get the short end of the stick more than anyone seem to be hispanics.

What do you know, his hair is dyed in the netflix show.

>asians hate black people
stop false flagging you numale weeb

Eh, there's a lot of liberals in anime fandom but it's not 100%

I know I got into it because the 00s really pushed "hip hop" and nigga culture as "what's cool" and I hated all that crap, anime provided a nice alternative.

Light has canonically brown hair

That's pretty fucking retarded desu
The only similar thing is the shirt, hair, and tie
They don't have the same jaw, eyes, or neck

>60% white
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry Dragonball nigger fan Asians hate you useless subhumans.

you're right on us hating jews though lel

still, fuck you weeb

BBC pls. Just because you like niggers doesn't mean you can act like japan does in its place.

They kinda do tho, don't they call them "black devils"? I know they do in China.

Changing the ethnicity of a character in an adaptation for diversity is stupid,almost as stupid as getting mad about a characters ethnicity being changed in an adaptation.
Anyone crying about "Light wasn't white, L wasn't black!" Is either mad about SJW's (understandable) or in the case of people outside of Sup Forums, has a very basic understanding of what makes something good, s anything different is bad.
The only thing I really dislike is that Light looks like an edgelord and not a pretty preppy boy, which changes the character a lot. The most basic level of his defense in the original is that he's a great kid, not a potential school shooter.
Also Death note has its basis in the myth of Faust, which is German, so boohoo.

ITT: white people talking about anime

That's why so many niggers are being denied entry these days, and all of them are denied any chance at romantic relationship so it doesn't shame the family name and family tree.

>Anime characters can naturally have hair colors that don't naturally exist in real life.
um yeah that is my point

>on Sup Forums
>hates anime

AM I FITTING IN YET GUISEEEEEEEEEEEE????

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO GET MAD!
fuck off Sup Forums

Asians are far more racist than whites. They really don't like black people. They don't really like anyone but homogeneous asians, but they don't like blacks especially.

Asians don't even like each other that much, yeah they hate other races this idiot probably thinks that because Asians are typically very nice, that Asians aren't racist

lol, fuck off nigger

If an adaptation shifts the setting and changes the characters, then there shouldn't be any issue with casting non-Japanese actors. The story takes place in America now. If the characters were Japanese and played by white and black actors, that would be different.

The Japanese have adapted American stories too.

> Light looks like an edgelord and not a pretty preppy boy

He doesn't look like an edgelord he looks like a fucking goofball.

Watch more anime.
Male characters often have darker skin.

Other way around, bud.

bro, we're racist to each other.
we have no beef with blacks, whites, muslims, etc.

the only people who say we're racist to blacks are white people who hate blacks themselves.

I'm sorry, it just doesn't make sense for L to be black, I'm not trying to be racist, but L is a pale, weird looking dude because he spends all his time indoors, the visual look of him tells you something about his character.

That's all lost when it's a black guy, it just doesn't make sense.

>weeb getting BTFO

It's not just that they call them black devils.
East Asians have one most important attribute of beauty that they constantly emphasize in their literary and artistic works, and it is white and pale skin. They love calling beautiful women as having skin like snow or skin like white polished jade.

Niggers don't exactly fit into this unique cultural tradition that defines East Asians.

Whining that it's bad for Asians to hold this view about beauty is just cultural Imperialism.

Niggers are only tolerated when they shut the fuck up, keep to themselves, and don't attempt to mingle with Asian families in any genetic way.
A nigger tries to get with an Asian woman or man? Instant clan retribution to resolve the family shame and loss of face that a nigger brought them.

Yeah, go to China as a negro and tell me how much better it is than America.

t. Ken-sama

stop projecting your racism to asians you cringey numale weeb.

Whoa oh, nice pic.

moar?

There's a good reason you niggers are always unwanted in Asian stores and homes in USA jigaboo-sama :^)

>lots of Asians all look the same
That's because you didn't gtrow up in an asian country and learn the differentiate between the facial characteristics
Whites look all the same to asians as well

I'm sorry that you guys have such a bad relationship with blacks. Asians and Blacks have a healthy relationship.

>Niggers get castrated for rape in China
>Japan notoriously xenophobic
>No Asian country with massive nigger immigration
>This tiny dicked weeb nigger gets on 4cuck and pretends to be Asian to make himself feel like he's not hated

Here's a newsflash fag. Everywhere not infested with liberalism muh equality delusion fucking hates you worthless subhuman pavement apes.

Casting controversy aside, anyone else find it interesting Hollywood is giving anime a chance?

I remember the "boom years" for anime in the US in the early to mid-00s and the crash that followed in the late 00s, it seemed anime's chances of mainstream crossover had died and yet here we are.

yeah no. that's not the case, sorry. you are either retarded or your name is zhang wei. asians are the most xenophobic race on earth.

This.