What if Trump only announced Pence to avoid GOP conflict at the RNC

What if Trump only announced Pence to avoid GOP conflict at the RNC.

Could he change his VP post convention? Is this even possible?

Nice try pleb. Shitty choice. this isn't 4D chess no more. JUST FUCK MY CAMPAIGN UP.

Well, can he?
Or is he stuck with him now?

That's why I'm asking because Pence just doesn't seem real... to anyone.

This must be a ploy.

I'm trying to Google it, but coming up with nothing.
I agree and I'm curious now.

That's what I'm thinking. This was some kind of compromise with the RNC.

But it's still going to lose him the election. The way Trump has been winning is by ignoring the logic and wants of the establishment. Now we have this...

No. He fucked up.

It happens.

I does seem like a compromise. Even Paul Ryan said that there "was no better choice".
I think it's how he is going to get through the contested convention.

But the question remains, can the GOP nominee drop his/her VP choice after the fact?

why don't some of you shills offer some reason why Pence is such a bad choice instead of just pretending to be disillusioned trump supporters

Pence wasn't my favorite choice by far but I think it will benefit the campaign. I'm only worried it increases his chances of being JFKd

There was no contested convention in the first place.

Refer to:
He seems like your run of the mill globalist TTP lover.

Plant him.
Shoot the top guy.
Now you have someone incredibly more malleable that the last.

Pence is invisible and maybe that's the point. Maybe he's trying to scoop up the last of the NeverTrump RINOs and CruzMissiles while keeping his image intact.

>Could he change his VP post convention? Is this even possible?
If Pence """drops out""" or dies then yes, he can be replaced.
Even if the choice is about the convention I don't think the plan is for him to step aside.

Pro-TPP, supported Cruz in the primaries, feeds into every dem stereotype of a republican, changes positions with a little pushback, his state isn't really in play this year, his voter base wasn't going to defect away from Trump anyway, and he doesn't have any of the positives Flynn had.
All I can really say in his favor is he has exec experience and he's not Newt.

Why are you so mad about vice president? They have always been just strategic asset during elections and they have no real power. Johnson was before JFK assasination nothing but depressed loser who picked his nose during diplomatic dinners and played golf.

>Or is he stuck with him now?

Absolutely not. Trump has shown that being unpredictable and making moves that seem eccentric work out.

Remember when he decided to not go to the Fox debate?

It was what he thought was his best move, and he took it even if it's unconventional. Him changing something that has basically nothing forcing him to stick with a poor choice (especially if people react badly to it) only proves he is capable of re-evaluating and fixing a mistake if he becomes aware of it before it causes a problem.

>They have always been just strategic asset during elections
Pence doesn't have any qualities that would make him that kind of asset.
>Johnson was before JFK assasination nothing
That's part of the problem, even if ideally they don't matter under certain circumstances they end up in charge of everything.

>Pence doesn't have any qualities that would make him that kind of asset.

He is asset because he has not qualities. He is that nice deep fried cardboard that many sheeples love. Trump needs this boring sidekick that doesn't fuck with mistresses or cause any big waves with his personality.

> That's part of the problem, even if ideally they don't matter under certain circumstances they end up in charge of everything.

Trump assasination is far fetched idea even in the year of kek.

I don't see what the big deal about Pence is.
He's pretty much just a republican Biden. He's there to pick up some of the base while not really rocking the boat.
His voting record seems to be roughly 3/4 in line with Trump's platform with the only significant difference in my opinion being his stance on TPP (and with that comes concerns of assassination insurance).
Pence will help Trump pick up working/middle class midwestern Christian whites, whom Trump's victory will be contingent upon.
Sure I would have liked Rand Paul as would many other millennials, but that pick would have hurt Trump with is base and Brexit shows that younger people don't really bother to vote so it's not worthwhile to pander to them.
I would have liked Michael Flynn, but that would have also been considered unconventional and could have hurt Trump with his base.
Pence is a bland VP choice, a better pick than Gingrich or Christie who would have come with their own baggage, and a more conventional choice than Flynn who would have fit Trump's previous maverick style.
This pick signals that Trump is now moving to a calmer more conventional campaign style. He will try to appear more Presidential as opposed to the controversial appearance that was necessary for him to gain the spotlight in a crowded primary field.
Trump is now on a glide path to the presidency

>Flynn

im convinced this is the source of all this whiny nonsense about Pence. You idiots think Trump was gonna pick Flynn and got your tendies soggy when he went with a politician instead.

Reality check: Trump needs someone with political experience. Trump has said so himself. Months ago, he was saying he wanted a VP who knows how to get legislation passed. Trump is right to think this. Trump is a great decision man but he has no fucking idea how to pass a bill in DC.

Flynn was never going to happen and a Trump Flynn ticket is exactly what keyboard warriors wanted because it's easy for them to understand. Trump and a General, what a meme! Strong Military!

That was likely part of the decision, and going forward it makes sense to have an insider on the team *after* election day. Biden is a good example of that kind of VP. The problem is a VP pick was also an opportunity to bring in someone that strengthens the ticket *for* election day, and Pence doesn't do that, even marginally.
Flynn may have done that since the military is possibly the last popular institution we have left in this country. You wouldn't have seen dems reading off their laundry list of "oh no muh lgbt legislation" for Flynn, not just because he was outside those arguments, but because the lack of deference to someone that served and excelled would have been political suicide. That's not to say Flynn was completely untouchable or perfect (the abortion waffle was atrocious and probably what canned him), but he was likely a stronger election day pick than Pence.

Trump already has the support of the Military. The military overwhelmingly votes republican. Not to mention Trump's incessant pandering to them at every rally.

We have to assume that Trump knows more than we do. If Trump chose Pence, it underscores the fact that his campaign believes the republican party is still divided. Pence is a safe bet. He will rally conservatives around Trump going into the convention. Trump desperately needs this. He can try to win bernie bros over in the general but if he doesn't have the conservative base showing up on voting day, he's screwed.

Flynn would not have rallied this base. Flynn would've been a reinforcement of the "TRUMP STRONG" meme but would not have brought anything new to the table. Pence, on the other hand, shows Trump is serious about a conservative platform.

Some people on here are whining that Pence has been a neo-con, supports TPP, etc... but they need to remember that the VP has no say on executive direction. Pence is there because it's good for his career; and Trump wouldn't take him if he thought he had to change his message. (he actually went with Pence over Newt because Newt was risky, a former house speaker has a lot of clout and could be very hard for a president to control)