If you apply for a job in a state with recreational marijuana can/will the company drug test you for marijuana?

If you apply for a job in a state with recreational marijuana can/will the company drug test you for marijuana?

Attached: 0D0F1CCF-D76B-4130-8522-7703DE79C66B.jpg (1729x1297, 127K)

that's up to the company, some test you for alcohol use.

Yup, they will.

I dont know the laws but in states where its medicinal they still do. I assume it would be the same as alcohol where they dont want you to be inebriated while you work.

they probably couldnt fire you for it.but who knows.you live in a country of bible thumping idiots who elected a president that bragged about the fact he doesnt drink alcohol

politics aside though,i think if you live in a state with legalized weed.they should be able to hire you even if you test positiive for marijuana on a drug test.HOWEVER,if your high at work and fuck something up i think they should have the right to fire you

i dont think ive ever heard of a company that tested you for alcohol use.and even if they did,its legal.so they can fuck off if they want to refuse to hire you because you drink

I had a job at a factory that made pool parts, they tested for alcohol. It was a weekly thing as well, they didn't want anyone coming in there under the influence because some of the machinery was rather dangerous, and people had died in the past because of it.

Probably depends on the kind of company, but for retail/sales I know they often do in California

Yes they do in almost all states where legal.

huh,wierd.all the factory jobs ive applied for and worked at have never tested for alcohol.i can understand if you walk into a drug testing drunk,but it seems like some nanny state bullshit if there going to fire you over something thats legal

Companies that forbid it before will still forbid it. Companies that didn't care before will still not care. The law that legalized it for recreational use in California did not force employers to change any company policies. You can even be fired for using it medicinally. On the plus side, it's no longer implicating yourself in criminal activity to just ask, so ask.

You can be tested and fired even if you have a medical card, the government will not protect you under any medical law assuming your employer chooses to take action against you

>will still forbid it

so state goverment cant step in and say they have to hire people even if they test positive for a drug thats legal in their state?

this is my issue with legalized marijuana.to many bible thumpers out there still who frown upon it and will cause huge issues because of it

>the goverment

LOL,right,the goverment who hired people who qouted "good people dont smoke marijuana"and who's president bragged about not drinking alcohol let alone doing marijuana.they aint gonna help you,land of the free? nah

either way,i dont have a problem with people who smoke marijuana in states where its legal though

They definitely can. I've heard it depends on the state, but many do. If I were you, just roll up some fatties and save em in a tube for later once you get the job and pass and enjoy carefree.

They can and if it is policy in other states to do so odds are they will in your state as well.

Anyone had any luck with upass for a dot piss test. Ive used it for same day 5 panels but never anything sent to the lab. Any info

God I know right. And dont you hate how the hust speak In buzzwords? Like repeating the same word a hundred times will make them seem intelligent or something. Haha what dimbshits, stupid BIBLE THUMPERS

>fuck you reddit man

fuck you retard,you butcher the english language just like your lord and savior donald trump does

>the goverment who hired people who qouted "good people dont smoke marijuana"

what?

wow your retarded,jeff sessions ring a bell?

the irony is the fact that trump's supporters are all alcoholics or addicted to opioids.like the rest of ignorant white people

Completely wrong. A company doesnt have to hire you for ANY reason. It doesnt matter if weed is legal or not. If my employees test positive for weed... they will be fired. I pay the Bill's I make the rules.

states are beginning to ban companies from busting you for it. i don't know how it is in IT. unfortunately, i've never met any cool people in computer science who smoke weed because these kids are nerds but when arizona legalizes it next year, and it's legal in two years, i bet it'll end up being ignored. if you managed to get a CS degree, you obviously have the ability to work on code or algorithms for 80 hours a week because that's what it trains you to do. the army trains you to carry 80 lbs and run 2 miles, CS trains you to melt your brain and come up with at least C-grade work for 80 hours a week. they're not going to kick you away for smoking weed in a state where it's legal.

if you work in an automotive shop installing tires or even changing oil and filters, you might be fucked if you have weed in your system. there, you haven't proven strong intelligence and could get hurt, hurt others, get killed, get others killed.

The first answer is the only answer. All discussion after that in this thread is pointless.

wasn't he some sort of elf that haunted the white house

In Michigan they can, lost a job that way.

sounds retarded,i guess the liberal morons in legalized marijuana states cant afford decent lawyers.because firing employee's for doing something thats legal in their state sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen

testing you for alcohol use sounds even more retarded then states where marijuana is legal firing you for smoking weed

i guess america is a bigger nanny state with trump then it was under obama.pathetic,is this what making america great was suppose to be for these ignorant rednecks who voted for trump?

If you have a college degree and aren't searching for nigger-tier jobs you don't have to worry about drug testing. (With a handful of exceptions)

I work for a railroad and since railroads are governed by the feds, I can't since its still federally illegal.

nigger-tier jobs are usually the ones that dont drug test.a job that wants decent employee's is going to drug test

Nigger-tier jobs are the ONLY jobs that drug test, with a handful of exceptions for jobs where you are responsible for the saftey/lives of others.

JUST MOVED FROM ST. LOUIS MISSOURI TO CALIFORNIA a month ago
(Illegal to legal state)

Nobody

Gives
A
Shit

Weed is literally people's medication here.

Nobody
Gives
A
Shit

Correct. But would you really want to work for a place that uptight anyway?

Most places don't. The only ones that really still will are federal jobs, or places where the main office is in a non recreational state. Your best bet is probably to get on somewhere that is mom and pop ish, or into the marijuana field itself.

yes, and they can fire you for it too! God bless america!

>firing employee's for doing something thats legal in their state sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen
Employers don't even have to give a reason to fire someone because conservative retards are too busy sucking bezos cock to realize how fucking stupid they are for voting against themselves to "own the libs" as if punching yourself in the balls hurts anyone else.

In other states that might be the case, but in California there was already an at-will employment law, meaning they don't actually have to have any reason at all to fire you. They don't have to tell you why they fired you if they did have a reason. But they also can't sue you for quitting without reason or notice, either. This law is a double-edged sword, but was in place long before the weed legalization.

>Employers don't even have to give a reason to fire someone
This is true unless it's state gov, fed gov, or union position
>voting against themselves to "own the libs"
Nah, the libs are doing a great job of pwning themselves

Depends on company policy, they have to follow policy or risk a lawsuit. Firing without cause will make you eligible for unemployment. Rules are different for government jobs, which are plentiful. At will keeps companies form having to hold onto dead weight until it retires on a fat pension.

There's a fair chance you have functional alcoholics working there right now.

True, but turbokikes like him, weed=bad since they still believe all the reefer madness nonsense. Chances are he's a shit tier minimum wage employer anyway.

>Bill's
>apostrophe

post voided

Recreational marijuana is like recreational alcohol.

If you can't drink and work, you can't smoke and work.

Most employers (private & government) will fire your dumb ass for smoking weed on the job; even if you do that off-shift, the residuals will remain in your system for a few days.

I love giving surprise drug-tests to scumbags I need to get rid of. They always fail.

And if they come back to do some bullshit (like shoot up the place), they will get shot dead.

Fun.

Attached: F5E9116D-5343-47B4-B69E-82FABF18F6C4.jpg (1024x733, 92K)