HE HAS SOME UNSPEAKABLY FREAKY DUNGEON UNDER HIS HOUSE

STEP ASIDE BITCH

Plus every other travel series that he's done

Why are travel shows so damn comfy?

>Just finished witch Palin's Himalyah series
>This thread pops up

Surely this cannot be a coincidence

Also who /docukinowiki/ here

Anything Rick Stein around the Mediterranean.

I could listen to him tell long winded tales about minute details all day set to that 10/10 comfy music

I can't believe I'm seeing this thread. Rick Steves is the ultimate comfy travel show. My local Uni channel constantly shows episodes and I love every second of it.

I love Globe Trekker (or whatever other names it has in other countries/on other channels).

Zay's my bro. Meg's my waifu.

>firewater

They're becoming more and more like the new nature shows. Loud, edgy, saying the same shit multiple times, narrating things we see instead of letting us see them, etc.

That's not even mentionning the ones that have become reality tv competions because what better way to teach us and show us othe rplaces than having morons doing moronic things there?

Only good ones still left are on pbs I think.

I listened to Rick Steves talk about travel on NPR for a whole semester on my way home not knowing anything about him, believing he had to be gay before he had his son on in one episode.
I'm disappointed he doesn't look like I imagined and also that he's some big thing, not something special I found by chance.
Thanks, Sup Forums.

Anything by Michael Palin. My favourites are new Europe and Himalaya.

Whicker's World by Alan Whicker is superb if you can find it.

isnt that the monty python guy? based

this. especially considering most of rick steve's classics were made in the mid 90s, they were much comfier then

>that feeling when you should hate him because he's a gay Tory but he likes trains so it balances out

travel channel before they started only showing some rollercoaster shit

globe trekkers is good too i think

Is that Brianna? I liked her episodes.

Every tv channel is basically becoming tlc - fake reality tv drama.

Most of the hosts are good. I hate a few of them (Bobby Chinn, mostly. That guy can't have fun even if his life depended on it), but they get good looking people who seem to be interested in the places they go and the people they meet. It's never too sexy for the sake of being sexy.

millenials: the post

PBS BLEW THE FUCK OUT OF REALITYSHITTERS WITH THIS
youtube.com/watch?v=RAdcV5IZM8Y

DESPITE BEING A LIBKUCK BRAINWASHING PROPAGANDA OUTLET

>surfing free preview channels on tv
>Travel and Entertainment
>sweet, I'm going to be able to watch docu about exotic places and shit
>all Ghost hunting shit all the time with a few episodes of X-Files and Buffy in between and a random Survivorman episode here and there

W-why...?

History Channel should be renamed Auction Shit. Fuck, they don't even bother to explore the history of the items anymore like they did at first.

I wouldnt say Ian Nairn is particularly comfy, and they werent always technically travel shows, but he's worth watching for his patrician like airs and graces take on everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=p_uqoHZk4R4

Sadly theres onlys bits and pieces of his shows knocking around online, I think a couple of things are on iplayer.

travel man with richard ayoade isn't particularly comfy, but it is very funny.

I'd like his manhood to travel into my mouth to be honest. no homo.

this user is on the right track cooking and fishing shows are the comfiest travel based TV. rick stein loses comfy points for always dropping shit and sweating like a pig in hot countries though.

I started a robson green fishing thread which died without a reply a few days ago. VERY comfy.

I'm 45.

Why are you shouting?

Sounds like Antiques Roadshow is up your alley if you're especially interested in Brittish history

I watch it (american and brit versions).

best travel-fu coming through

That's what happens when you spend too much time in Europe.

Her hips are grade A

Nobody beats Ian Wright.

I don't hate him, but he annoys me a little. It's his voice, I think.

He also has interesting views on drug legalization.

she looks like she gives great hand jobs.

>PBS
>A LIBKUCK BRAINWASHING PROPAGANDA OUTLET
I'd like to gently remind you that Pat Buchanan was on The McLaughlin Group for years.

Great Continental Railway Journeys

Joanna Lumley
Bill Bailey
Michael Palin
Idiot Abroad

Anthony Bourdain is the absolute king of comfy travel kino.

Thought this was really comfy. Still waiting for a third one.

The Globetrekker people are better.

mein niggers

youtube.com/watch?v=OHmGliVqxXg

My family and I always watch this little show called "North Carolina Weekend" on the state's public university tv station. It does little stories on day-trip destinations around the state, like state parks, bed and breakfasts', and restaurants. It can boring at times, but it's super comfy.

Here are a few random videos I pulled from their youtube page
youtube.com/watch?v=b3-mGqXVMa8
youtube.com/watch?v=ReWGKISA-qs

And everyone's favorite person on the show is the food reviewer, Bob Garner. He takes enormous bites and always says "MMMMmmmm" while he's chewing.
youtube.com/watch?v=dq6OzZmHDaw

Bourdain is a pretentious, miserable, insufferable douchebag hipster old man.

Childhood is idolizing Bourdain
Adulthood is realizing it was Guy Fieri who was the best

Look, I used to think Bourdain was cool when I was a teenager like 15 years ago. But he's really just a faggot that complains a lot. I'd pick Rick Steve's over Bourdain any day. He's good a great attitude and he wouldn't bitch the entire time you were hanging out.

>45
>college
Nice try retard

He makes friends everywhere he goes, he finds the comfiest places to eat, and he's always willing even if not enthusiastic to go on adventures. You're just jelly of an old man being cooler than you. I like Bourdain and Fieri.

Rick definitely has bitches all over Europe. Any time he goes visting somewhere, there's like Ana in France or Tanya in Russia that """"shows him around"""". I have no idea how he built up that network of ladies, but damn son.

Hell yes. Globe Trekker is the shit

Best theme song coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=rRJpECGCz-c

I remember watching a show like that back in the day, it was on TV. I don't remember the fucking name, wish I did, because I fucking loved it.

Anyway, it was about some black guy visiting cities in Europe. I don't remember his name, I don't think he was ever popular besides that show.

But yeah, he would visit all these cities in Europe. He would really find the most coolest places, he knew a lot about them, you could see he was very passionate about this.

But the best part was always at the end. Because at the end he would always flirt with some european white girls. I didn't know what was the point of this, but it was hilarious. Basically most of them would follow him after just 30 seconds of talking. He would say some cheesy shit like "You wanna visit my hotel room babe?". It was really hilarious but basically all of them after a minute would say yes. The episode would end with the black guy saying what's the next destination going to be in the next episode and it always end in the hotel room, and some european white girl would always be there. Either sleeping Half-nude (But not nipples or that kinda thing. I think it was because of the tv) or ready to be leaving.

I tried to fucking find it. I couldn't. I think it mas made in the early 2000s. The guy was speaking english. That's all I know. Maybe someday I'll find it, or maybe you guys remember it? Either way, I'll always have nice memories of that show

Grattis Världen and Idiot Abroad.

All of Billys world tours.

>Down to earth, comfy travel
>Visiting interesting places rather than tourst traps
>Funny as fuck

Feel exactly the same way family, even saw him catching a train at Victoria a couple of years back.

they should rename it auctions, pawn shops and aliens channel

ebin

Tomohiros railway tour through China

>the bbc seducing the wite wimmen
Sounds like a show for Sup Forums

Twat of a politician, but you can't deny he's a great presenter. Same thing with Gyles Brandreth

MUH DRUGS
Fuck him

Andrew Zimmern best boy

>Owing to severe drug and alcohol addiction, Zimmern was homeless for about one year

i lol'd