What was Spielberg trying to convey with the red coat?

What was Spielberg trying to convey with the red coat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rGfDXMnQw7g
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/27/israel-urges-jews-leave-france-benajmin-netanyahu-continues/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The sign of communism being defeated by fascism.

A young girl walking through a black and white street in a bright red coat ... it stands out, yet no one even looked at her. It was a metaphor for how everyone just seemed to ignore the obvious when it came to the rounding up of jews in Nazi Germany.

Innocence, purity. It was hamfisted as fuck. College graduate tier filmmaking.

That jews were behind communism and all it's atrocities

he was saying that she was really a british soldier in the revolutionary war

It's how a pedophile see his prey.

to me it was a bit of a reality check thing where he wanted to snap you out of just seeing this black and white historical film. We easily forget that these things really happened, history easily gets into some other fantasy dimension.

This

Assassin's Creed eagle vision. Kill the target

Very interesting. See me after class.

He saw another movie doing it before.

he's a hack

>black and white = history, already happened
>color = how people in past would've seen the world, present of the past, reminds us that what happened in the past could happen again in the present or the future
Bretty deep for a general hack desu

I don't think that's what he intended but that was my thought when seeing it.

I imagine something like what this guy wrote to be the "correct" interpretation

>We easily forget that these things really happened

Thankfully we are reminded of it every time someone now criticizes a jew

not really though, that's just what Sup Forumsbabbies think

>reminds us that what happened in the past could happen again in the present or the future
i hope you're not talking about the holocaust

Eli Wiesel's daughter

> We easily forget that these things really happened

No, "we" don't. Maybe you do, you adhd ridden, mentally ill average millennial.

Sup Forumsthinks its a conspiracy and it never happenes. In reality it happened, was awful, and is now used as a trump card by jews.

The Holocaust did happen

They just forgot to remove the color from one person in the movie.

Red represents communism. Jews love communism, as long as they're the ones at the top of the commie structure.

why?
lol im sure you think about the holocaust every day
i mean sometimes, yes, but it's nowhere near "every time" or even most of the time

This.

>why?
if you think the holocaust or anything like it could happen today, you're either stupid, delusional or baiting

Good bye, Jews. Good bye.

Good byeeeeeeee, gooooooooood byeeeeeee Jews.

GOODBYE JEWS! GOODBYE JEWS!

Isn't it fucked up that Schindler's List is just like another movie playing in the evening on regular television? Wanton systematic slaughter of people is evening family television.

let's try again

why?

youtube.com/watch?v=rGfDXMnQw7g

Just letting the truth slip out.

That maybe 1 out of 10,000 jews claimed really died?

Greatest fantasy flick ever.

6 million is a conservative figure, with the 5.8-5.9 confirmed and registered (thank you German efficiency and IBM computers).

Whole bunch that weren't counted, gunned down in the streets, and that's not even counting the children that starved, were born stillborn, etc.

>red coat?
= communism

i'm guessing you're at least 1 and 2

fpbp

fpbp! We need to stop Judeo-Bolschevism

Now bear with me here... black and white represents the past, the stuff of history books and grandpappy's long boring stories. The red coat is to shake you out of complacency, to make you realize that it is also modern. This could all happen again. Another 200,000 dead.

I believe if it were rereleased, Spielberg would make the red coat 3D.

The scene was suppose to represent how the allies knew about the death camps from the start but didn't try and stop them/slow them down until the end IIRC

i'm guessing you can't actually articulate any reasoning behind what you're saying and will instead keep telling me the things i am for not agreeing with you

I do not see the link between color and present/future

well you see old movies were black and white, where as new movies are usually shot in colour

but most people still hate Jews and think they are the evil illuminati. The hatred is still there and it could definitely happen again if there is ever another big, desperate international crisis on the scale of WW2.

When they rolled over James and you could see actual fat oozing out of his skin because the skin was stretched too far to contain it anymore, I nearly vomited. I haven't eaten since and that was two days ago. Fuck you for making me watch this shit. I think I'm going to be anorexic now because when I see food I see Stephen's seeping ass fat.

wtf i hate spielberg now!

Actually they were shot in color. It's just the world was black and white back then

i'll explain why if you tell me if you were actually talking about the holocaust, which you didn't clarify
>but most people still hate Jews and think they are the evil illuminati
take your pills

>which you didn't clarify
i asked you why you hoped he wasn't talking about the holocaust... what was unclear?

Without getting into the controversies of the Holocaust, I think we can all agree that innocent civilians die in all wars. She can be a symbol of that and all the youth taken away by fighting or collateral damage.

it's true though
everywhere there are Jews, there is antisemitism

Spielberg only had enough money for a few reels of color film stock, and they weren't even full color. That's what happens when you pour your entire budget into the pockets of big name actors.

>i asked you why you hoped he wasn't talking about the holocaust
which i answered here

which brings us back around to

>Sup Forums gets fucked with by gookmoot
>makes threads on all other boards instead

yes, there's another holocaust just around the corner. contemporary europe (and the wider west) is plagued by pogroms and anti-jewish legislation. they're deploying the einsatzgruppen and building death camps as we speak

like i said; stupid, delusional or baiting

I was wondering why the toxicity level was getting so high on the other boards this morning

REMINDER

>there's another holocaust just around the corner
sorry that you may have been too stupid to glean this the first time, but what was actually said was that "it could happen again"
>contemporary europe (and the wider west) is plagued by pogroms and anti-jewish legislation. they're deploying the einsatzgruppen and building death camps as we speak
sorry that you may have been too stupid to glean this the first time, but what was actually said was that "it could happen again"

Most European people are still antisemitic as fuck, even if their governments currently aren't

She was a filthy Communist and Spielberg wanted to show what happens to fuckin' ugly Reds.

so you weren't talking about the holocaust? good

So was Schindler in on the conspiracy? He obviously went to great lengths to protect Jewish people. If they were all being sent to happy camps like Sup Forums thinks he wouldnt have bothered.

jewish """""""""""art""""""""""""

I'll be honest, the only thing I like in this movie is Göth and Schindler interactions. I think the rest is garbage.
A 3/10 movie in my opinion.

Mot Europeans dont notice or care that jews even exist most of the time.

ok now i see what was happening.

you were so autistic and illiterate that you thought he meant a literal exact repetition of every event that made up the holocaust instead of another holocaust-like scenario.

glad we cleared it all up

Never forget the 200 to 300 thousand.

LITERALLY just a motif to remind you, there were CHILDREN. simple techniques for simple effects. Nothing pretentious

>it if fine to kill 300 thousand people

>another holocaust-like scenario.
i.e. another holocaust. which isn't going to happen

Yeah...

>another holocaust-like scenario.
I'm not even sure what that means and no it wont. You think Israel and America would let that shit happen?

That's not even close to being true. Understand that europe is not just your irrelevant country.

Empathy.

Not that you guys would care.

That SS-officer looks like they reused him in other shots to play a prisoner.

tfw you have to shoot your jewwu crush hereon Göth's authority because she complained about how the building was constructed

Ok please list some countries filled with people that hate Jews. MAYBE I could believe Poland or some shit but there's no way UK/France/Spain/Norway/Finland is full of people cursing the kikes

>jews
>having empathy for anyone but themselves
lol

>but there's no way France is full of people cursing the kikes

Maybe read some something else beside entertainment sites.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/27/israel-urges-jews-leave-france-benajmin-netanyahu-continues/

>netanyahu said it so it must be true
you fucking moron

>the kike PM tried to get a rise out of the Jews in France because the country was hosting a meeting
Wow right wing death squads confirmed

The point of the red coat is just for you to notice it, so that you'll later notice it in the pile of corpses in order to trick your brain to empathise more, you're more invested in the realization when it's visual and non-verbaly communicated.

That not even little jews were spared by the evil Nazis.

go back to mlpol you racists

Great post in a great thread, friend.

>t. avigdor dawidowitz

this

Jews weren't the only victims in the Holocaust, the girl is blonde and she's not wearing the star of david

This guy gets it.

So you recognize she's dead later

Thanks I needed a laugh

>Sup Forums
>high empathy but no sympathy
Checks out desu

Yea. Just ask Dresden, Berlin, Tokyo, Nagasaki, Hiroshima.

Spielberg had to have some colored people in the movie or it wouldn't win an Oscar.

>>high empathy but no sympathy
one of the symptoms of asperger's i believe

Some people don't understand the difference between empathy and sympathy, would ya believe that

What?

If she's bleeding, she's meant for breeding

Nagasaki and Hiroshima saved 2 million lives. The atom bomb prevented another world war that would have cost another 100 million lives. There hasn't been a world war since Nagasaki and there won't be one because of America's greatest invention. America invented world peace. America did the impossible and stopped 1,000 years of constant European wars.

>We easily forget that these things really happened

Oy gevalt! Don't you EVER forget da shoah goy!

>America invented world peace