What is your opinion on A24?

What is your opinion on A24?

They're the GOATs. Feels good following them from the very beginning (Who remembers A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III) and seeing them grow into a serious contender in film.

Panders to adolescent psueds who can't read subtitles.

They make kino

Have only made acceptable or mediocre films.

Hasn't produced anything that resembles kino

>The Witch was just acceptable/mediocre

sure thing buddy

ok, the witch was good. Not kino, but real good.

fuck off, kinofag.

Enemy
Green Room
The Lobster
The Witch
Under the Skin
Moonlight
Spring Breakers
Locke
A Most Violent Year
Ex Machina
Slow West
Krishna
Amy
Remember
De Palma
Swiss Army Men
American Honey
The Blackcoat's Daughter
Free Fire
A Ghost Story
It Comes At Night
Morris From America

all fucking great films

Not a single good movie. Just hipster trash for wannabee cosmopolitans, who think their tastes are so refined just because they're not munchin popcorn and watchin the latest superhero flick.

What's the five last good films you've seen.

sounds like you're insecure as fuck about the fact that you watch capeshit

Have you seen any of these movies? Your response makes no sense. Is Swiss Army Men cosmopolitan? What about Green Room or Spring Breakers. Free Fire really looks hipster to you? Its one long gun fight. I think you just don't know anything about film beyond what Sup Forums tells you to get mad about

None of those are great

And how many have you seen, 0? 3 at most?

Dust in the Wind, Edvard Munch, Salome's Last Dance, Gertrud, the Immigrant
>sounds like you're insecure as fuck about the fact that you watch capeshit
You figured it out.
>Have you seen any of these movies?
Unfortunately.
> Is Swiss Army Men cosmopolitan? What about Green Room or Spring Breakers.
They appeal to those who have wannabe cosmo taste, seeking art in the profane and vulgar. Mediocre films, the whole lot.
>Free Fire really looks hipster to you? Its one long gun fight.
You just answered your own question.

Somebody finally got around to watching The Story of Film I see. Gertrud fucking drags like shit, I hope it gave you a big avant-teen boner

>They appeal to those who have wannabe cosmo taste, seeking art in the profane and vulgar.

>Salome's Last Dance is literally about Oscar Wilde at a gay brothel hearing the story of a biblical whore who wants a prophet's head cut off

its fun to play pretend sometimes but don't do it online. If you simply told me you weren't being serious we could've had more fun

There's something someone said about The Smiths that I would agree with and I would say applies to A24:
>Every one of their songs sound the same but I like that one sound
All of the movies look the same and feel the same, but I like that aesthetic and feeling and when led by a talented director it can result in a good movie. At the least they are still technically good movies, albeit a little bland.

However the massive harmonisation of style could result in all of the films feeling pastiche and no longer feeling unique. Just as we can tell movies from previous generations when they came out based solely on their look, I think A24 is very timely and will make this generation difficult to revisit decades into the future due to the lack of variation.

So you try to act condescending yet you name a fucking James Gray movie whose audience is exactly what you described lmao

I don't know anything about the behind the scenes but that list is worrying considering how similar all the movies are despite who directed them.

J. C. Chandor, Jeremy Saulnier and Harmony Korine are all vastly different directors whose previous films are all completely different in style, and yet A Most Violent Year, Green Room and Spring Breakers all look very similar. I would go as far to say those three films have more aesthetic similarities with each other than any other film in each directors' career.

Considering people consider A24 an "art film" production house, it's a little concerning it appears as though distinctive directors lose their unique traits when producing with them.

>Somebody finally got around to watching The Story of Film I see. Gertrud fucking drags like shit, I hope it gave you a big avant-teen boner
Sounds like you're insecure as fuck that you watch A24shit.
>the story of film
Of course that's your point of reference. Really breaking those assumptions I have of you being a middlebrow hipster.
>They appeal to those who have wannabe cosmo taste, seeking art in the profane and vulgar.
>Salome's Last Dance is literally about Oscar Wilde at a gay brothel hearing the story of a biblical whore who wants a prophet's head cut off
Yes, but that wasn't meant as criticism. I'm simpy explaining the appeal they have to someone with faux-cosmo taste.

Try again.

Poor man's Amazon Studios.

In part true, but he's still a worthy filmmaker. Plenty of good filmmakers have lousy audiences. A24 releases are just plain lousy.

What films of worth has amazon made?

Off the top of my head, they did the last Stillman and Assayas. That alone makes them better than A24.

The only film I saw from them was the Lobster which was pretty 10/10
I've been fixing to see Swiss Army Man for a bit but never got around to it

A24 doesn't "make" these movies. They are a distribution. All the movies on your list were financed and produced independent and A24 buys the rights and releases them theatrically or as VOD

what's this from?

A Sup Forums thread where we're actually discussing film holy fuck

This, A24 is the HBO of cinema.

How the fuck is this studio getting all of these films? Who is in charge? Some mogul?

>Green Room
> The Witch
> Swiss Army Man
> Enemy
> The Lobster
> Ex Machina

For the past couple of years, no company comes close to them in quality.

>green room
3/10
>the vvvitch
>8/10
>enemy
5/10
>ex machina
3/10

have not seen the other two but they look like hipster garbage

A ghost story

K I N O
I
N
O

>yet A Most Violent Year, Green Room and Spring Breakers all look very similar

yea you need to shut the fuck up

Hipster shit.

Were you looking for this?

where do they get the money? are they jews?

Millenial Trash