Why is Canada so much cooler than USA?

Why is Canada so much cooler than USA?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8t-IT0fM-n0
youtube.com/watch?v=EpsHouKWncs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They are north of us so it's naturally colder.

This guy will be our next PM.

Scheer won't win, Trudeau is a fuck up in the eyes of lefties and he's not white. He has the best chance.

Send help pls

this, it's basic thermodynamics

I've heard him speak, he's a good guy to have as PM

He's not bad presentation wise, he would look better than Scheer or Trudeau but I would rather not have a federal NDP

you are delusional

We will see.

Do you think Scheer has a chance?

>Thinking that he meant Scheer is going to win

Honey...

I was just curious what he thought about it.

Want to clarify what he meant then?

Scheer is never going to win. His stupid grinning face is far too punchable and 90% of how Canadians decide to vote is by what they think of his face.

Trudeau will win again

won't trudeau and Singh end up splitting the lefty vote so that Scheer actually has a chance?

>a towel head as the PM

B-But he is bro-tier

He's bust a number of promises and many people have expressed that they aren't happy with him.

People said that last election too and just recently in BC with Green's and NDP, didn't happen enough to matter.

It is a bit early still, the campaign trail will heat it up again.

you can't talk, every president you've had after jfk has been an embarrassment

I'm sure they weren't happy with harper either but he did well
I'm guessing trudeau will start pleasing people before the next election

Its literally America but without the cucks.

>every president you've had after jfk has been an embarrassment
not Reagan

a literally demented actor

lol, you guys are gonna get memed so hard

We already are.

the dementia was after his presidency

To be honest, I kinda like Trudeau
To me, he seems like an ice-cold career politician who knows how to play the SJW

You're not wrong, he's pretty smug about it too.

he's a bit gay but I'll give you that

>To me, he seems like an ice-cold career politician who knows how to play the SJW
thats not a good thing though

>le Sikh terrorist sympathizer will be our PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

>after jfk
After... lol

>le weed man will be our pm
HAHAHAH
>le sikh terrorist sympathizer will be our pm
We will see.

Can he speak French?

He's is 100% just another politician. He only pretends to be captain progressive. He's just your average liberal. I will give him props though for having the balls to finally legalize weed, that was definitely his initiative. All he ever does it talk about the natives without actually doing anything. Its the same with environmental issues while he goes around approving every pipeline that crosses his desk.

Hopefully le based Quebec racists will save us

>All he ever does it talk about the natives without actually doing anything. Its the same with environmental issues while he goes around approving every pipeline that crosses his desk.
Isn't that great? He manages to appease the retarded leftists while pushing the neoliberal agenda. I have great respect for politicians who are so good at their job

Coworkers were stunned when a guy at work brought up Bill 62.

No, the NDP doesn't split shit because they're a retarded party that only once has seen more than 15% of the vote.

>I love when politicians lie to fit my political agenda
God I hate krauts

what, why?
It's a reasonable law

The job of a politician is to get votes. If he manages it by lying, the problem are the dumb voters, not the politicians

you leave based jfk out of this

DO IT AGAIN BOMBER HARRIS

Because they bought into, it's a targeting a small minority of Muslim women angle. Even though it covers all head wear.

To be honest I think they goofed on the transit part. Either make it everywhere or just in government offices. Why make it stop for transit but then be okay they second you step off? Just go for province wide.

Also I was never able to find a clear punishment for it's disobeyed. Is it just a fine or something harsher?

Because it's further north dumb dumb

>every president you've had after jfk has been an embarrassment
Nixon was a bastard but he's probably the best politician we've ever had

Let's be honest, it is about targeting muslims. Of course it targets all headgear, it has to. I don't want these sandniggers walking around in fucking towels either but let's not pretend as though it isn't about the muzzies.

His campaign undermined peace talks with the north Vietnamese in order to make himself look better. That's treason.

>it is about targeting muslims
Sure, but whether it is pro or anti Muslim law, they are still the target and in the center of politics so what does it matter at this point.

Covering your face in a government office should've been against the law decades ago regardless.

Lol, not happening. He can't win Quebec.

>he's probably the best politician we've ever had
lolwat
based on what?

Why do you hate freedom? People should be able to wear whatever the fuck they want to. Is it reasonable to uncover your face for things that require identification? Yes. Is it a reasonable requirement to have to see someone's face if identification is irrelevant? No don't be absurd.

>Is it a reasonable requirement to have to see someone's face if identification is irrelevant?
Like at home?
Anytime you're in public place, there is the potential need for you to be identifiable.

>Is it reasonable to uncover your face for things that require identification? Yes.
I agree.

>Is it a reasonable requirement to have to see someone's face if identification is irrelevant? No don't be absurd.
I agree again.but the definition of 'Area where you required to be identified' needs to be clearly laid out.

My argument was that it was arbitrary make it not okay on a bus but then not okay when you walk off, either go full or just leave it for identification purposes. As a law that's where I felt it was flawed.

>People should be able to wear whatever the fuck they want to.
Except for indecent acts which is defined by something about genitals and probably whatever a judge decides is indecent.

you cant go out with a balaclava

Potential need is not reasonable need to be identifiable.

If we work on the premise of potentiality we should all have barcodes tattooed to our foreheads.

>not okay on a bus but then not okay
Meant
>not okay on a bus but then okay

Isn't it anytime you use government services that the law takes effect? Public transit is a government service.

I doubt it has anything to do with freedom and more to do with people being able to realize they are not in Saudi Arabia or Iran when they are in Quebec.

I didn't think of that, thanks.

Also in Vancouver we use Translink which I think is private, would the same kind of law work the same?

All transportation is subsidized by the government so it may be contracted to a private company but ultimately its paid for in large part by the tax payer. Subway fare would be like 15 dollars a ticket otherwise. As for the specifics of the law in vancouver or BC I honestly cannot say.

this

We shouldn't be letting these people in in the first place. If we didn't let these backward monkeys in we wouldn't need these laws.

Whatever.
"No masks in public" seems reasonable to me.

>women choose to subjugate themselves
You know that the facial coverings aren't a religious requirement, right? They're a social law brought in by one of the uptight royal families. Leave the country, leave the scarves.

It's like if I moved to Texas but put Winter tires on my car every year. It costs me, it serves no purpose there, but I do it because it used to be the law where I lived before.

Thanks

I'm still unclear about the punishment, is there jailtime for this? Or just a fine or something

Everytime I look for it for it just details what you can and can't do and that the law will be enforced.

Nor will he alberta
If mulclair couldnt do it here, sheer will blow as well

Harper passed a law making it illegal to wear a mask in a group of 3 people or more. As much as I hate those antifa faggots that smash and burn shit while wearing masks I have serious concerns about stifling the ability for peaceful protest. I believe you should have the right to demonstrate your peaceful support for a cause without having to identity yourself.

>I believe you should have the right to demonstrate your peaceful support for a cause without having to identity yourself.
why would you not wanna identify yourself if you have nothing to be ashamed about?

I should know this but I'm pretty sure the feds have sole jurisdiction over imprisonment. Most sentences are served in provincial prisons (2 years less a day) but the law that sent them there was written by the feds. At most provinces can issue fines and revoke shit like your drivers license.

You hold no unpopular opinions whatsoever? You have no opinions you maybe wouldn't want your employer to find out about?

unpopular opinions sure, but nothing I ever see myself being fired for. you and I both know the masks are for getting away with violence, don't try to reason out of that. if you have an opinion you're that passionate about, then defend it boldly
youtube.com/watch?v=8t-IT0fM-n0

The only thing I wanted out of Trudeau was electoral reform which he promised, and then broke. It was the first and last time I'll ever vote Liberal. Fuck Trudeau. Best believe I'd vote NDP over him from here on out

So you're saying every single person that's ever worn a mask to a political event has engaged in violence? We live in a world and time where having the wrong opinion can ruin your life.

>So you're saying every single person that's ever worn a mask to a political event has engaged in violence
no, but the majority of them wore a mask because they knew deep down that their views are morally repugnant or because they're up to no good. Can you a single name a time that wasn't the case?
>We live in a world and time where having the wrong opinion can ruin your life.
wtf, maybe if you're a celebrity or present your opinion in a autistic way, but not for the average person.
youtube.com/watch?v=EpsHouKWncs

Hey man, it's your country. In my country, I'd like to see free speech rights expanded, but I would like to see the Skokie Nazi superseded by an interpretation which limits public demonstrations. With digital communication being what it is, the only reason to rally is for a show of force.

Not him but it definitely enables it.

>We live in a world and time where having the wrong opinion can ruin your life.
That's usually citizens that ruin your life. Go to Sup Forums and they've done their bit to unmask people at protests. In this day and age if someone really wanted to, they can find you. Then it's the people that hunt you down to shame and vilify you.

I would like to see the Skokie Nazi *ruling superseded

>show of force
It is not. Actually showing up demonstrates commitment, not a willingness to engage in violence. Any fat fuck can spend 30 seconds signing a petition online and then forget about it. Actually showing up for something shows you genuinely care and are not going to just forget about the issue.

The burden of proof lies with you friend. You are the one suggesting we should curtail and infringe upon peoples rights, not me. Whether your views are morally repugnant or not isn't the point. The point is that you have a right to hold those views (so long as they aren't criminal) and you should have the right to demonstrate your support for them as an individual without sharing your identity. Do you believe Sup Forums should be shut down because it allows anonymity? I believe that wearing a mask while committing a crime should be an additional offence but wearing a mask in and of itself should not be.

Ireland has already cucked. next canada

>The burden of proof lies with you friend
every antifa rally, there is mass showings of violence, except in the cases they were forced to unmask, as in Alabama.
>Do you believe Sup Forums should be shut down because it allows anonymity?
stop making retarded points

Doest't Hanbali Sunni Islam require face coverings?

I think you were supposed to be an American. Your obsession with liberty rather than peace, order, and good government are very much an American trait. Are you also a republican and from west of Québec?

>dude stop comparing two instances of anonymity
Lmao you have no argument.

Those antifa faggots should all be arrested and charged under the riot act. Remember back in the day when those Sup Forumstards went around wearing guy fawkes masks in protest of Scientology? They have a tendency to sue people and fuck with them so in that case there was a genuine reason to wear a mask. I sure hope you remember that anyways and aren't such a collosal newfag.

what has Ireland done

ones in real life and ones on the internet dummy

Good government comes from government that is held accountable and peace and order come from a population that has faith in their government. The government doesn't need to know who you are in order to take your concerns seriously. And don't question my allegiance to Her Majesty bud.

Aaaand you are a newfag. You realize several protests were held in real life right newfag?

Even though we're the country that created both rock and jazz, yet we're the losers.

How is a law regarding group masks keeping the government from being held accountable? You have to have understand the difference between letter of the law and spirit of the law. Generally only the latter is enforced. We know this to be true in this case because Halloween and masquerade balls are still a thing.
God save the Queen

>Actually showing up for something shows you genuinely care and are not going to just forget about the issue.
I'm not convinced. With a few very prominent exceptions, it's an intimidation tactic. At best, it's virtue signaling, which is still awful.
I'm all for assemblies on private property. I'm okay with permits for rallies in parks and other select public places. Blocking traffic or otherwise disrupting others' ability to go about their lives as normal should not be covered by the First Amendment. If cities allow it, then that's on them, but I'm absolutely fine with cops cracking some skulls the next time BLM or Antifa blocks traffic.

>giving a shit about personal freedom means you cannot be from Québec
Shit smears like you need to be shot tbqhwymf (to be quite honest with you my friend).

I hate when people block traffic too. The natives here do it all the time and all they achieve is annoying people who otherwise are sympathetic to their cause. All of these things are independent of wearing a mask though. Unmasked protestors block traffic too.

Potentially the government could use your identity against you in order to silence you. I'm not saying the Canadian government is interested in doing that but they could. The potential for abuse is reason enough to be concerned. Its not like I'm losing my shit and raising all the alarms but I think it's a legitimate concern.

That's neither true nor what I said. I said west of Québec. That neans not Québec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, and Nova Scotia, which is half of the provinces. When people go on about the importance of personal liberties it generally makes them sound more American, which is something I associate with the half of provinces west of Québec.

We do trust our government though and are mature enough to know what they mean by a ban on group masks. You have no reasonable expectation of privacy or anonymity anyway in a public place. There are also many cases where it might help the majority of Canadians to know the identity of protesters.

What if you're protesting in the winter and it's cold so you wear a balaclava? Should you be criminalized because Canada has cold weather?

Ok.
I still support mask bans, at least at the local level. If it's by permit, in a place like a public park, then I'm fine with masks. As far as folks walking down the street in a mask, though, I think that should be left to the municipal governments. I'd compare it to public drinking or nudity laws in some states.

That's that spirit vs letter thing again. Of course no one would bother you for bundling up against the cold. Still, it was good to know who this guy was because he was a radical islamist.

If you know a way to do it online, I'd bet you 5k that Trudeau is gonna win.

why is quebec so racist compared to the rest of canada

Surprise not seeing Sweden at nr1. We trust the government more than our families, not joking.

They're just Francophone supremacists.

Even Saudi Arabia requires people to remove headscarves when it's common sense to do so like when you work in a hospital.
This is all bullshit.

Hospitals should give them hospital headscarfs.
Its more sanitary than having exposed hair.