Asian Cinema General

We had one of these threads the other day and it was actually pretty good. Finally saw Sup Forums discussing some avant-grade and arthouse kino which cannot be a bad thing so lets do it again. Made this OP pic inspired by an argument that happened in the first thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three..._Extremes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>just realized Comrades: Almost a Love Story got a bluray nearly a month ago

Will probably re-watch tonight. Re-watched Last Life in the Universe last night and liked it a lot more than I'd remembered. And had completely forgotten that Christopher Doyle shot it.

woops tripped by accident
I want to get into some ozu or kurosawa tonight, I should start chronologically right?

need a torrent for chungking with english subs

try piratebay ya dingus

which ooe is the good piratebay these days it gets taken down every other week

the usual one, idk? i got the 10gig chungking criterion from it a couple weeks ago

rargb
you should really be using private trackers though user

whats a good one to sign up to?

Any recommendation for someone who just watched Dumplings and enjoyed it?

Weird stuff like that entertains me.

>>Sup Forumsptg/

Three... Extremes: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three..._Extremes

I've never watched it, but have heard about it and tried reading some stuff on it a couple of years ago. Anyway, one of the shorts in Three... Extremes is Dumplings, the Korean (it's Korean, right?) short film that was also released in a longer cut on its own, the one you already watched. But there are other short films in the movie also.

Another one I can try to recommend is A Tale of Two Sisters. I mentioned it a couple of days ago on another thread about Asian cinema, saying I watched it on a Filipino Cinema channel, but I forgot to say it was also a Korean movie, it was either dubbed in Tagalog or had English subtitles. Anyway, I watched it a long time ago. But it also seemed weird, because it's a ghost story, I think.

Stray Dogs is slow hypnotic oneiric kino

pretentious faggot club the thread we all know how these threads go somebody posts a bunch of reddit tier gook posters and people cum to them

>I can't understand anything remotely avant-garde so everyone who does is pretentious
user, what if I told you calling someone or something pretentious is just you telling us all you cannot comprehend the medium they love or partake in?

This director sure knows what he is doing!

what spectacular visuals i love gooks!

First time in /acg/, prove to me you're all not weebs with yellow fever.

Great /gen/

acg =/= people that love china
you know china isn't the only country in asia right?

It's the BIGGEST KINO COUNTRY

Right after it looks like he hit her head he switched to kicking. I hope his hand is okay. You shouldn't strike the skull with a bare fist.

china isn't japan
we all know the chinks have no soul which is why this isn't chinese film gen
now fuck off

It's an /asiangen/, not Japan gen you fucking racist

you are narcissist you just want people to notice youre special snowflake taste in movies just go back to Sup Forums you hipster

you alright there buddy?
What's with all the unbridaled insecurity that pops up whenever people want to discuss film?

Here's a Jap collab

sorry i only read japanese subs i cant understand you

Go back to your redneck shack or trailertrash, you fucking hill-billy kkklansmen. Fuck you assholes.

What shall I watch tonight?

Branded To Kill
Boiling Point
Violent Cop
Takeshis'
Tokyo Tribe
Sonatine
Zatoichi
Outrage

gb2r

none
funeral parade of roses

Stray Dogs was amazing, the nighttime sequences were beautiful and dreamlike. Is there anything else like it? Are the director's other works as good?

shit taste

>Sonatine

stay mad pathetic subhuman

Zatoichi

should i watch 2046 or fallen angels tonight lads

rebels of a neon god

both

Watch What Time Is It There. It's his best.

Will check it out, thanks!

Haha, stay mad, cuck.

All you chink-worshippers need to fucking slit your fucking throats. No talent ever comes from such a country that lives on stealing Western ideas and imposing it as if it was their own. Fuck you insolent gooks, trying to promote the robbery of the creativity that WE rightly own. Fuck you cucks.

same thread every day

Hmph. You people disgust me.

You loveless virgins living in your mothers' basements, leeching off nothing but talentless, vapid flicks made by thieving "filmmakers" with no brain of their own. Shame on all of you, nothing but a disgrace to America. I'm so fucking pissed that you people think that such works should be praised in the realm of true artistic visionaries and creativites.

Are you done yet

Stop being so fucking triggered, chinkshits. Asian cinema is nothing but an excuse to undermine the rightful ideas and cinematic innovation of American/European film. Stealing isn't art.

Post anything the west did that can compare to pic related

source

Sorry, it's under a folder titled だんちょ but it's on their pixiv so I"m not sure

The Birth of a Nation
Casablanca
Citizen Kane
Metropolis
They Live
Batman vs Superman
Zeitgeist
Goodbye Uncle Tom
8 1/2
The Seventh Seal
Memento
Goodbye Uncle Tom

lol not even close

>Batman vs Superman
>Memento
list discarded

>taste this entry level
>thinks his opinion is worth anything
you gotta go back

idiot

redditor

weeb faggot

stop replying

Who's your favorite pony?

Entry level pleb, why won't you watch something besides what imdb recommends you. Atleast get some creterion blue rays. And I'll post loli all I want

Der ewige Jud
Чeлoвeк c кинo-aппapaтoм
Transformers
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
Triumph des Willens
Aндpeй Pyблёв
Straw Dogs
Der Sieg des Glaubens
À bout de souffle
Зepкaлo
Smultronstället

Cuck